Warner confirms Blade Runner DVD plans

Tools    

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=61696

Warner Home Video have confirmed their plans for Ridley Scott’s long-awaited definitive version of Blade Runner with a recently issued press release detailing plans for two separate DVD releases, one later this year and another to follow in 2007.

Warner Home Video (WHV) announced today that it has acquired worldwide rights to Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner and plans two new DVD releases of the futuristic classic. Rights had lapsed a year ago, but negotiations for a long-term license have now been completed, and the film will again be available to the public.

First, a restored and remastered DVD version of the 1992 Director’s Cut will debut in September in the U.S. and October in the UK for a special four-month limited release, after which it will be placed on moratorium by WHV.

Later in 2007, to celebrate the film’s 25th anniversary, the studio will unveil Blade Runner: The Final Cut, Scott’s definitive new version of his science-fiction masterpiece. The film will be released theatrically in select major U.S. cities, followed by a multi-disc Special Edition DVD release which will also contain three alternate versions of Blade Runner: the Original U.S. Theatrical Cut, the Expanded International Theatrical Cut and the 1992 Director’s Cut. Ample, ground-breaking bonus features will also be included.

In making the announcement, Jeff Baker, WHV’s Senior VP and General Manager, Theatrical Catalog said: “This is clearly Ridley’s signature film and we are thrilled to have it back. While details of the new DVDs will be announced later, we wanted to get this great news to the many serious film buffs and ardent Blade Runner fans who’ve been so patient, despite besieging us with thousands of annual requests in recent years for new Blade Runner DVDs.

Continued Baker, “A number of people have told me that in the start-up days of DVD, Blade Runner was absolutely the first DVD title they wanted, so much so that they purchased it even before their first DVD player! I guarantee these fans our new DVDs will be well worth waiting for.”

Blade Runner -- starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, Edward James Olmos and Daryl Hannah -- made its first appearance in U.S. theaters on June 25, 1982, dazzling audiences with its stylish, brooding look into the future. From its intelligent, provocative story line to its stunning camera work and state-of-the art special effects, Blade Runner opened the door to a new view of tomorrow.

Set in a multi-ethnic, overcrowded, high-tech city of the future, Blade Runner was also a benchmark in production design and helped propel the “cyberpunk” look into mainstream American consciousness.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

That's old news my friend, news I'm sure that jrs more than likely posted about a few months ago...

A system of cells interlinked
Still good news....

Will I finally get my hands on this? Had given up hope....

Electric sheep, dreaming....

Meanwhile, I don;t see any pre-order info on any of the DVD sites I order from, so a September release is looking a bit soon to me. I would like to see something to confirm that these things are actually pressed and being prepared for sale...

Originally Posted by Sedai
Meanwhile, I don;t see any pre-order info on any of the DVD sites I order from, so a September release is looking a bit soon to me. I would like to see something to confirm that these things are actually pressed and being prepared for sale...
The current Director's Cut version that has been out since 1997 is getting an upgraded transfer, a trailer and a jewel case in September. The DVD will be out for 4 months, leading into 2007's huge box set release.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Sorry guys, I was under the impression that this was current news.

I haven't been keeping up with the DVD scene lately.