Guys to Swoon Over

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Speaking of fiends

Mr White? He's the devil!

But that's sort of what I mean. If I were an incredibly beautiful actress, for example, seeing appreciation for me boiled down to a pic of my face or body would make me feel like my art didn't matter. I'm not sure it would matter to me whether it was a drooling thread of a shaming thread. The big issue would still be my physical body, and not my body of work. I know that's not the intention at all (on this board at least! So, not lecturing or anything...)

Never mind, it's sort of a pointless statement. I'm not looking to argue anything. Just wondering about the semantics.
Oh but that's fine. I swoon for the talent, not just a body part, so I can see your PoV. No argies from me, cat. It;s just a feel good thread to say nice things about the lads. They deserve appreciation too

I'm on another forum where the demo is about 85% women. God help the guys on there if they post a photo of a woman they think is lovely, yet the women do it about men all the time. Really annoys me, and that;s why I like the womens' appreciation thread here.
Oh I understand all that. But again, it's just adding on more thing to appeal, in tbe same way I guess that intelligence adds to attraction. I think what I'm trying to figure out is if calling it appreciation and not objectification is just a way of putting it as nicely as possible?

Oh I understand all that. But again, it's just adding on more thing to appeal, in tbe same way I guess that intelligence adds to attraction. I think what I'm trying to figure out is if calling it appreciation and not objectification is just a way of putting it as nicely as possible?
Maybe this will explain where I'm coming from a bit better (and your typo was perfect. I loved it).

Yesterday on fb two married guys were faux fighting over Rhea from Better Call Saul. They weren't being the slightest bit lewd. They were talking about their future wife who is smart, talented and pretty with a great voice. I thought it was really sweet. If they had been doing the old imdb thing of 'I'd hit that' I would have thought it was really creepy and juvenile.

Does that make more sense?

I uderstood what you were getting at, but even in your example, it's kind of the same thing, except much more polite.

I'm a lot more comfortable thinking "daaaayum!" when I can justify the hell out of it so thanks!

I uderstood what you were getting at, but even in your example, it's kind of the same thing, except much more polite.

I'm a lot more comfortable thinking "daaaayum!" when I can justify the hell out of it so thanks!
One more explanation - remember that old girl I told you about on imdb - the grandmother who is a Riz Ahmed cray cray stan? She would post photos of him with his shirt off and you just knew the mad old girl was licking the screen. Very creepy. And she would go off the deepend at anyone who said he was a talented artist, in some sort of psychotic jealous rage. She followed me to a few boards just before that place closed.

Here's a beautiful man twice because once is not enough. Sir Tony in Westworld. Amazing actor, swoon worthy voice and accent, and he;s still got that magic charisma.

@Dani8 Scenario 2 is the same version of sceario 1 but far more socially acceptable but it's still a comment on physical attraction. Otherwise it would be in the "fav actor" category.

I stand by my brilliant examples and social commentary, cat, especially about the creepy old stan licking the screen.

Have to go to an appointment but I will be back in a bit to post photos of men's peachy bums.

And I shall join in!
See food and objectification works perfectly. There is method to my madness.

He was spectacular in Hannibal. It's the only thing I've seen him in. He also has insane stans

He was spectacular in Hannibal. It's the only thing I've seen him in. He also has insane stans

Wait...what? And...he does??? I wonder if that came with the Hobbit films he was in. SO many crazy stans in the fantasy genre.

Wait...what? And...he does??? I wonder if that came with the Hobbit films he was in. SO many crazy stans in the fantasy genre.
He was Dolarhyde in the second arc of the final season. Trying to find a photo that isnt spoilery

Oh the armpitage board was notorious for being run by some middle aged women who spent 24/7 mass reporting. Accounts were getting nuked left right and centre. I only went there when the Dolarhyde announcement was first made to see what the reception was and the place was so dull with this handful of Stans gibbering about his Heathcliff kind of rolls but then there was a thread about him and Lee Pace being in love and I simply said it's lovely when people find love. Wow. The queen Stan bombarded me with vicious PMs and tried to run me off the board so I stayed. Then the most miraculous thing happened. It was targeted by the infamous wolf pack. I have never seen so many threads and accounts get deleted. The hilarious thing is and they never understand the irony, they bullied people relentlessly to white knight their idol who is...wait for it...

an ambassador for a charity against cyber bullying. Fun times.

He was Dolarhyde in the second arc of the final season. Trying to find a photo that isnt spoilery

Oh the armpitage board was notorious for being run by some middle aged women who spent 24/7 mass reporting. Accounts were getting nuked left right and centre. I only went there when the Dolarhyde announcement was first made to see what the reception was and the place was so dull with this handful of Stans gibbering about his Heathcliff kind of rolls but then there was a thread about him and Lee Pace being in love and I simply said it's lovely when people find love. Wow. The queen Stan bombarded me with vicious PMs and tried to run me off the board so I stayed. Then the most miraculous thing happened. It was targeted by the infamous wolf pack. I have never seen so many threads and accounts get deleted. The hilarious thing is and they never understand the irony, they bullied people relentlessly to white knight their idol who is...wait for it...

an ambassador for a charity against cyber bullying. Fun times.

LOL Dani, you totally misunderstand me sometimes. My "wait, whatt was at your "it's the only thing I've seen him in". (I've seen every single episode of Hannibal).

I shouldnt be surprised at hearing about the stans...sounds like the Hiddleston crew.

LOL sorry about that. Caffeine isnt kicking in yet.

No I havent even seen The Hobbit. I didnt even know who he was until the Dolarhyde announcement.

And yes, I heard the Hiddleston Army was pretty bad so I never went to that board.

One for you, Cat

@Dani8 Actually, it's only about 3 weeks ago that I saw what all the girls are screaming about with Hiddles. (great kitty btw!) Didn't get the big deal Before. Kind of the same with Armitage.

Usually I notice guys in their Jesus phase. WHY IS THAT????

@Dani8 Actually, it's only about 3 weeks ago that I saw what all the girls are screaming about with Hiddles. (great kitty btw!) Didn't get the big deal Before. Kind of the same with Armitage.

Usually I notice guys in their Jesus phase. WHY IS THAT????
All guys with cats are lovely.

Hiddleston has a cheeky charm about him. I havent seen him in much but always think of him as Loki 'He's adopted!'