Songs That Were Never Played Live By Bands You Like?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I can't understand why The Doors never played the song, "Waiting For the Sun".. I know it was cut from a couple of albums, and I've read the book about all their tours, and they never played it. It's my 3rd favorite song of theirs (after "The End" and "When The Music's Over"), and try to imagine how it would have sounded live. With all the re-issues, I also find it doubtful we ever hear an alternate take.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I can't understand why The Doors never played the song, "Waiting For the Sun".. I know it was cut from a couple of albums, and I've read the book about all their tours, and they never played it. It's my 3rd favorite song of theirs (after "The End" and "When The Music's Over"), and try to imagine how it would have sounded live. With all the re-issues, I also find it doubtful we ever hear an alternate take.
One of my favorite Doors' tracks too. Maybe second behind or even with The Crystal Ship. I never realized there's no live version. Seems that would have been a trippy and emotional song live.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
One of my favorite Doors' tracks too. Maybe second behind or even with The Crystal Ship. I never realized there's no live version. Seems that would have been a trippy and emotional song live.

And they played "The Crystal Ship" which isn't the greatest live song, but they didn't play "Waiting For The Sun" which is such a great song and would have been great in concert.

I still get chills twenty years later when Jim sings "Waiting.... Waiting... Waiting.. Waiting" in different keys. Sounds very triumphant.

They also played a lot of "The Soft Parade", which if was omitted, I would have understood since it has a lot of orchestra.

Box-Fanned & Consoled Nobility
whoaaaa......the doors are sooooo smart.........

Box-Fanned & Consoled Nobility
I'm just joking around.....