"Guess the movie from the Screenshot" game

Tools    

Account terminated on request
Actually, if anyone is still concerned with cheating. If there's an image you don't want anyone cheating with, you can rotate it slightly, crop it downwards, make sure not to name it something that can show up, and load that one instead.

Sigh, clarifications that are going to grow with incremental stupidness over time:
1. No, I'm not implying anything about anyone above me or anywhere.
2. No, I'm not insisting on a rule change.
3. No, I'm not implying that this is somehow a reason to say that garlic tastes good on burritos.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Actually, if anyone is still concerned with cheating. If there's an image you don't want anyone cheating with, you can rotate it slightly, crop it downwards, make sure not to name it something that can show up, and load that one instead.
I've tried variations of masking photos for this game in the past. I don't know if it worked or not. I trust that all the regular players are indeed honest. Though sometimes new people will immediately post correct answers to very hard screen shots and do that repeatedly...So your idea is a good one. Can you test it out and see if it works? Post a screen shot that would be easy to google reverse image lookup and also post the altered version of the same image, and I will see if that stops google image from identifying the altered photo.

I'm not too tech savvy. . Would that involve loading the photo onto something like Photobucket to be able to do this?

Hmmmm..... google image match has definitely improved since I last tested them.

For instance, here's brad pitt from Fury. This is the original picture.

Here it is slightly cropped. As predicted, google had no problem identifying this one.

Here it is rotated roughly 5°ish and then cropped. This used to fail, but because google was able to identify this as a haircut, it went from there *on* to further Fury pictures of the same. Really surprising. Good job pattern-matching algorithm guys:

Here is is rotated same amount, but cropped much further in to a different aspect ratio. Google identified the haircut, but was unable to match it further from there to other Fury images. There was no mention of Brad Pitt or Fury in the link that actually was identified, but it might have.

So in other words, my idea is "viable" but with heavy air-quotes, because you might have to do other stuff to it (put it in a frame or something).

Totally ruins the fun of posting in the first place, so maybe nevermind I mentioned it.

So in other words, my idea is "viable" but with heavy air-quotes, because you might have to do other stuff to it (put it in a frame or something).

Totally ruins the fun of posting in the first place, so maybe nevermind I mentioned it.
Thanks for posting that I find it interesting. I once tried a second layer over an image in photoshop and google reverse image still identified it.

Though sometimes new people will immediately post correct answers to very hard screen shots and do that repeatedly...
Yeah, that's why I was suggesting a cyclical repeat of the rules. I'm betting that most actually don't carefully read the first post, and just assume that the rules are entirely just "Guess the movie from the Screenshot".

...So your idea is a good one. Can you test it out and see if it works? Post a screen shot that would be easy to google reverse image lookup and also post the altered version of the same image, and I will see if that stops google image from identifying the altered photo.
Yeah, it's more involved for the casual person. Unless you can find an online image obfuscator, it'll be too cumbersome for the casual player; and that squashes a game. The entire point is for it to be fun.

I'm not too tech savvy. . Would that involve loading the photo onto something like Photobucket to be able to do this?
Nah, don't worry about it. I haven't found an easy way to pull it off.

All the regular players on this game are trustyworthy. I'm trustworthy, that's why I never guess any correctly!
Hah!

Maybe we can get back to the game?

No clue on this one.

That is Clifton Collins on the right. This was the first movie I ever really noticed him in.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra