Arthouse Mafia

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Yeah basically. For example, one of my favorite directors, Hou Hsiao-Hsien is considered heavy arthouse by most people I know on these forums. What few people know is that he's basically a celebrity in Taiwan and his 1989 film, A City of Sadness, was seen by roughly half of the population in Taiwan, though unofficial numbers suggest that number is much larger still.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Don't worry Jaydee, I think the arthouse crowd is too hip to join.
That's a shame. I was actually hoping for Minio's project to succeed.

I liked the idea of having all of the art house people registered and congregated together in one place. It would have made them much easier to identify and destroy!

(Rather worryingly that actually sounded rather Hitler-ish! )

That's a shame. I was actually hoping for Minio's project to succeed.

I liked the idea of having all of the art house people registered and congregated together in one place. It would have made them much easier to identify and destroy!

(Rather worryingly that actually sounded rather Hitler-ish! )

Yeah basically. For example, one of my favorite directors, Hou Hsiao-Hsien is considered heavy arthouse by most people I know on these forums. What few people know is that he's basically a celebrity in Taiwan and his 1989 film, A City of Sadness, was seen by roughly half of the population in Taiwan, though unofficial numbers suggest that number is much larger still.
Toshio Suzuki also said in a interview that it was a great movie. Art house movies usually mean stuff that is obscure for Americans.

Toshio Suzuki also said in a interview that it was a great movie. Art house movies usually mean stuff that is obscure for Americans.
Most art house theatres here play foreign films and independent American films..

Here is what the art house theatres are currently playing. Some are even playing "Gone Girl"

http://www.tivolikc.com/
http://kcmetropolis.org/issue/octobe...t-house-films1

Lord High Filmquisitor
I'd love to join, but I don't think that somebody who has The Avengers in his top 10 films would be a particularly good fit.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'd love to join, but I don't think that somebody who has The Avengers in his top 10 films would be a particularly good fit.
Give it a go!

i'm too lazy to fill all that stuff out but you should just let me in
<looks up his top 10>

Take the oath, though. Oath is a must!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Spent many years in NYC going to the Angelika-- many of my favorite movies (including The Straight Story) were first viewed there.

Give it a go!

<looks up his top 10>

Take the oath, though. Oath is a must!
I, Proximity, The Splendiferous One,
Bow before the almighty Arthouse Gods and the members of Arthouse Mafia and vow to obey the rules of the organization. I swear to always stand by true, legit and good art cinema. Always condemn the unworthy and mainstream films. Never betray my brothers and sisters. Be honest to them and above all to myself. Always follow the path of enlightenment on the way to catharsis. Share my discoveries and likes with other members. Step out my comfort zone and look for new experience in the world of film. Spread the truth and get other people fascinated by cinema.
So do I, Proximity, The Splendiferous One.

So be it!

Welcome to Arthouse Mafia! You have the honor to be the second (after me) member of the elite!

I've seen more obscure than I have friends.

Wait, bad example. I don't have any friends.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Here goes my application:

Nickname: neiba
Reason: I discovered Arthouse very recently and I wish to be more into it, talking with persons with the same interest but with more experience!
about: I don't have a specific favourite genre... I don't believe in genres - I believe in good movies and bad movies and I am starting now to know the difference and to know how to appreciate the true genious. I think the real art must have multiple interpretations and I think this would be a great spot to share them!
Boolean: yes.
If: Can be both!

EDIT: Ah, and I think I meet 2 or 3 of the 4 criteriums you posted!