Inside the MoFo's Head

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Toose

Master Yoda predicts and executes. Thank you, sir. Ironically the giraffe is quite comfortable in the panther's den.
Your den must have vaulted ceilings.
A giraffe and a panther...not excatly poetry material...I bet Matt could find some way to make lyrical magic for those two.

went to the zoo this morning ......the seals won my heart today....last time it was the lions. i feel so sad for all the caged animals trapped amidst cement walls and man-made boulders.

and sades, on my way back a butterschnapps truck drove by.....huge BUTTERBALL SNOT written on the side.
i cracked up.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
and sades, on my way back a butterschnapps truck drove by.....huge BUTTERBALL SNOT written on the side.
i cracked up.
Sweeeeeet.

I've always hated zoos. They bother me.

New questions!

*If you could wear only one article of clothing every day, what would it be?

*If some rich guy gave you your own private island and some money to do something with it; what would you name the island and what would be on it?

If you could wear only one article of clothing every day, what would it be?
Underwear. Or do you mean one outfit? If it's the latter...uh. Probably this gray mildly v-neck long sleeve t-shirt I've got, and these cargo pants with knee-level zippers (they convert into shorts that way).

If some rich guy gave you your own private island and some money to do something with it; what would you name the island and what would be on it?
I'd name it "Freedonia" and I'd have one of those touristy half-hotel half-hut kinda houses. I'd also populate it with a fellow castaway.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish

Underwear. Or do you mean one outfit?

I'd also populate it with a fellow castaway.
Underwear it is, then. I meant just one article of clothing. I think I would wear a pretty, silky, floral print robe, the little shortie kind. I'd have to be completely naked underneath...but at least I would be covering all the goodies.

Fellow castaway eh? I would build a beautiful resort; complete with a huge pool, hot tub, fully stocked bar, and an entertainment room with all the DVD's I could think of...then I'd have a par-tay...V.I.P's own-lay!

one article of clothing? what? i'd have to get a one piece lycra-type tank top with an attached brief.....so i could play outside.

my island would be a fantastic nature like preserve......with a few huts and cabins for my visiting friends, a cool vine laden lagoon, a couple of long piers, a shop for the basics, a generator for movie watching power, an elaborate tree house, and trails all over the property. i'd have a couple of horses perhaps.
as for the name...i'd think long and hard......perhaps ravenswood? that might be a bit much.......it sounds like it needs a castle.

Now With Moveable Parts
Got some more questions, since we have new members and all. Everyone should play!

1.Restaurant
2.Bar
3.Night Club
4.Take away food spot
5.Sporting venue
6.Way of traveling
7.Book store
8.View
9.Place to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon
10.Place to unwind on a Friday night
11.Place to take a visitor

give descriptions!! ~the "why's" people...why you made your choice. That's the key, baby.

11. Place to take a visitor?
Visitor's center
Just this side of the State Line on the Interstate, and let me tell you it is great! They got lots of free brochures, some even with coupons attached. It allows the visitor to choose what they are most interested in. Plus, there're restrooms out there. Maybe not the cleanest in the State, of course, but its a place they can crap out all that airline food without stinkin' up my house.

5. Sporting venue?
Abandoned shoe factory - go through the alley in back of Jimmy's Car Wash, turn right at the burned-out Chevy Nova, enter through the doorway on the opposite corner of the graffiti-filled building, take the steps down to the basement (never mind the smell)
Why? Best cockfights in town, Baby! Watching two roosters attack each other bloody until only one is left sqwaking is the ultimate in sport. They occasionally hold dogfights down there too, but frankly I think that's DISGUSTING. Plus, part of the appeal of cockfights, for me anyway, is watching the feathers fly up in the air - its funny, like a cartoon. Sure, the feathers are often matted with blood or attached to large chunks of skin, but what they Hey, still worth a grin or three from me.

4. Take away food spot?
Abandoned shoe factory (see above for directions)
A terrific tradition after the cockfights is cooking up the loser of each match. They got a makeshift spit over a series of trashcan fires that really cooks 'em up nice. There's some kind of secret ingredient that I can't quite place (saffron, paprika, maybe asbestos?), but it adds an extra layer of spice! I have got to get their recipe. Incidentally, this is another reason I much prefer the cockfights to the dogfights.

5. View
Can't stand it
Star Jones and Joy Behar are beyond annoying. Is Babara Walters really still unsure why nobody takes her seriously as a journalist? Everyday this show is worse than all the "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" type questions Baba asked on her celebrity interview specials over the years. And worst of all, I STILL can't believe they fired Debbie Matenopoulos! Now come on! That's when I stopped watching, 'cause she was far and away the best thing about that show. So smart, so funny, so hot. Those old cows were just jealous of her, and you know that's why they axed her. Bitches. Completely ruined it when they replaced her (eventually - remember that looong search? For a while I feared they were going to pick that Rachel from "Real World, San Francisco". Can you believe she married Sean from "Real World, Boston"?!? OMG, that is like so weird! But I digress). So instead of the wonderful and hysterical Matenopoulos (You go, girl!), we're subjected to that Lucy Liu-lookin' chick Lisa Ling (I believe both appeared on the pages of Superman, BTW). Well no thank you! I must confess, I do absolutely adore Meredith though. She never did anything for me on "60 Minutes", but she is just so amazing. I love how she doesn't take herself too seriously - unlike that wrinkled twit Barbara Walters. Oy, don't get me started.... So when you ask me "The View"?, that's why I say "Can't stand it"! I never watch it more than three or four days a week anymore.

6. Way of traveling?
Time
Time travel is the only way to go. Just ask my talking dog, Mr. Peabody! But seriously, folks, while maybe you don't believe I can actually time travel, if you eat just the right kind of mushrooms (and I ain't talkin' porcini) while watching the last twenty-minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey in a continuous loop, it kinda sorta FEELS like time travel. SOMEthing's going on anyway, and when you come to it's like a half a day into the future, even though it only seemed like a few minutes! Weird, I know, but absolutely true. The vomiting is an acceptible side effect.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
you must have been really...really bored.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
you must have been really...really bored.
And on a Friday night, too.

1.Restaurant
Don't really have a favorite, if that's what you mean. I like to eat in a fairly relaxed environment, though. Max & Irma's is nice...love the potato skins.

2.Bar
I've only been in a few. I don't drink anyway.

3.Night Club
Ditto. I might take more of an interest in them down the line.

4.Take away food spot
I prefer Wendy's to all other fast-food spots. Ain't even close.

5.Sporting venue
Baseball game, hands down. Can't beat the atmosphere.

6.Way of traveling
Plane. Or, if I've got a good friend along, a road trip.

7.Book store
Couldn't really pick one. There's more than one Barnes & Noble nearby, though...I always enjoy myself there.

8.View
I could never pick one...but there is a river 40 minutes from here where, for some reason, the opposite bank looks, to me, like a painting. I swear, I can stare at it for a minute straight and it won't move. Other than that: right here in this office, we've got pine trees at eye-level with the windows, and lots of birds flying around. It's nice.

Home.

The movies...with a few friends.

Depends on the visitor....though, again...I think a movie would be in order.

Now With Moveable Parts
1.Restaurant : It's called Strings. It's all pasta. There's this one dish, called Tortellini Alla Panna; it's to die for.
2.Bar :My mafia boss ownes a bar called Cooper's. It's hot and I get in free and I get free drinks, can't beat that.
3.Night Club : I'm going there for my birthday. It's an hour away, so I don't go that often. It's called Polly Ester's. Plays disco and 80's music. I LOVE it.
4.Take away food spot : The China House. I always get Emperor's Chicken.
5.Sporting venue King's games.
6.Way of traveling Train.
7.Book store: The one my sister works at, it's called The Bookseller. Also, a used bookstore called Ames.
8.View : Mine is also a place by a river.
9.Place to spend a leisurely Sunday afternoon : Home.
10.Place to unwind on a Friday night I love going to new movies on Fridays.

Originally posted by Holden Pike
11. Place to take a visitor?
Visitor's center....................
but its a place they can crap out all that airline food without stinkin' up my house.

5. Sporting venue?
Abandoned shoe factory -...
Why? Best cockfights in town, Baby! ........ anyway, is watching the feathers fly up in the air - its funny, like a cartoon.

4. Take away food spot?
Abandoned shoe factory ....
cooking up the loser of each match. .......

5. View
Can't stand it
Those old cows ..... Bitches. ............... Oy, don't get me started....

6. Way of traveling?
Time
.....eat just the right kind of mushrooms ....... while watching the last twenty-minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey in a continuous loop, it kinda sorta FEELS like time travel. SOMEthing's going on anyway, and when you come to it's like a half a day into the future,

give that man some applesauce......errr, uhmm, i mean, some vodka.....uhmm, i mean, get the vodka away from him and quick!!!! ....whatever......but BRAVO HOLDEN. A 4 A.M post worthy of an applause by a whole fricken fleet of smilies!

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh patti...you're infatuation with the mysterious Mr. Pike, is showing.

We know how untouchable he is...
Why do you flatter? Why?

( Gushing: Holden, you're so funny. You're so amazingly keen about movies...I want to have 50 of your babies, I don't care if they'd look funny...I don't! They might get something from me...if not all of your wit and charm.)

*had a moment, sorry.*
~Singing "When a man, loves a woman..."

My real favorite restaurant is The Stinking Rose in San Francisco, north of Chinatown near City Lights Bookstore. And that, by the by, is also my favorite bookstore. A Clean Well-Lighted Place for Books across town is nice too, but City Lights has the history behind it and is such an ultra-cool spot in the Universe. You can just smell Ferlinghetti and Bukowski, you know, and I mean that in a good way. It even overpowers the garlic from The Stinking Rose.

My favorite restaurant in Baltimore is The Thai Restaurant down near Memorial Stadium (or what used to be Memorial Stadium anyway). Generic name, GREAT food.

1.Restaurant
**i rarely get the luxury but i love a place called "Greenbush" downstairs in a building called the Italian Workman's club- dark, basement, lots of warm wood tones, classy bar, casual dining but classy yet relaxed atmosphere......a few tables and interesting people. fantastic pesto pasta, elephant garlic and bread with a tray of olive oil for dipping.....super thin crust pizza with a milion black olives.......yummmmmmmmm jumma

2.Bar
**same as above but i never get to go out.

3.Night Club
**never been in one. OMG!

4.Take away food spot
**little thai dive called Bahn Thai. f*ckin' fantasic eggrolls and the best sweet and sour sauce i've ever had.....sooooooo HOT!!! great food and super cheap. and the place is a tiny little building with a few tables and known only by locals.

5.Sporting venue
** uhmmm.......? i'd say watching a road (foot) race - or just kind a passing by and stopping for a bit to watch soccer, rugby, and various tournaments in the local athletic fields. i usually watch a local pickup soccer game every sunday afternoon...nice looking guys, having fun.....and they're good. i watched a group of hardcore rugby dudes play every sunday all winter long. every sunday......in the snow and mud......now i LOVE that spirit.
i'd like to go to a baseball game sometime (and i want to go golfing with Greg The Bunny).

6.Way of traveling
** roadtrip with windows down (in a Jag of course), bike trip or just by foot.

7.Book store
** Borders, just a mile from my home and they are building a new one just next to the current one- bigger.
bigger is not always better, but the old one is so damn crowded and cramped, it will be a nice expansion.

8.View
**good question. so many views......so many places. so many things to look at.......i'd say running or walking through our arboretum.......there's an orchard, a forest, reedy lakeshore .......open meadows....a littel bit of every kind of natural setting ......just beautiful.

** on my bedroom floor with the sunday paper in front of me, a six pack of diet coke within reach, and a stack of magazines i've been waiting to look through. also.....NPR or PRI playing.....although my favorite radio talk is on saturdays.

** home, rent a movie, play on the computer.........last night would be a perfect example.

**all over the place.......my favorite trails, lakeshore being number one, and it leads to the student union and an outdoor cafe.....docks, tables, live music....then stroll through campus to our capitol- down a main shopping street- very cool shops (no cars allowed but stinkin' buses fly through).....then around the capitol building......it is so beautiful, i never get tired of looking at it.......then perhaps to a cool outdoor bar/restuarant for lunch.......and yadda yadda yadda

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
4.Take away food spot
**little thai dive called Bahn Thai. f*ckin' fantasic eggrolls and the best sweet and sour sauce i've ever had.....sooooooo HOT!!! great food and super cheap. and the place is a tiny little building with a few tables and known only by locals.
Oh GAWD, you're making me hungry.

hey sistah! geez, i didn't realize you were on the boards...it just took me a zillion years to edit my last post.
typing is fast, but correcting isn't . so what are you gonna do for lunch?
and hey, is matt sick?