The 19th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I don't have the time to commit to this right now, but it's a shame because I have a feeling it might be a good one.
Would have loved to have ya, but, by all means, feel free to stop by any ole time, my dear.

That Jeopardy jingle isn't going to play 24/7 until we get the nom, is it?
Sticks in your head, doesn't it? lol

I don't have the time to commit to this right now, but it's a shame because I have a feeling it might be a good one.
You're missed, so hopefully in the near future you can join an HoF again.

@Citizen Rules, @ahwell @KeyserCorleone, @Miss Vicky @Siddon, @john-Conner, @neiba, @rauldc14, @jiraffejustin

Raul has sent in his Nom so I'll be doing a reveal some time late afternoon or early evening.
I'll also keep joining open for a limited time for anyone deciding on participating.

...I'll also keep joining open for a limited time for anyone deciding on participating.
I like that idea I don't know if I said that before, but it's a good thing IMO. Some people have said in the past that they don't join HoFs because they're not sure if they can find the movies, or because they might have already seen most of the movies and don't want to watch them again...So hopefully that Grace Period rule brings in a new person or two, if not this time then sometime in future HoFs. We need new Hof members coming in as some of the long time members aren't participating much these days, and others have left the board completely.

If I forget to include that Grace Period rule in the 20th HoF, let me know, because I tend to include it.

I will watch anything already on my watchlist or eligible for the next countdown
If I hadn't already picked my nomination months ago, I would have went with a silent film. Oh well maybe we'll get lucky and see a silent era nom or two.

I like that idea I don't know if I said that before, but it's a good thing IMO. Some people have said in the past that they don't join HoFs because they're not sure if they can find the movies, or because they might have already seen most of the movies and don't want to watch them again...So hopefully that Grace Period rule brings in a new person or two, if not this time then sometime in future HoFs. We need new Hof members coming in as some of the long time members aren't participating much these days, and others have left the board completely.

If I forget to include that Grace Period rule in the 20th HoF, let me know, because I tend to include it.
Yeah, I do like that extra Grace Period for those who like to window shop, as it were, before deciding.

I'll be posting the Reveal shortly.

I've also got the front page set up, and as mentioned, An Open Door Policy is in effect for anyone looking to join up within the first week, should they wish to participate.

The Godfather, Raging Bull, and Pulp Fiction are of course monsters in the history of film and all brilliant, and I also love The Virgin Spring and Gaslight. My wife and I watched Return to Paradise several years ago and both loved that. It's a hidden gem. I know I've seen Open Range I but don't remember it, and I'm not sure if I've seen Tombstone. I'll watch those when we do a westerns countdown. I've always wanted to see Cinema Paradiso so I'll check that out. I never heard of Angel Face but I love Jean Simmons and Robert Mitchum so I think I'll watch that too. This is an impressive lineup.

Well this is going to be a relatively easy HOF considering quite a few of these are in my collection. Lots of rewatches in general. Open Range and Tombstone are among my favorite Westerns. Pulp Fiction used to be a big favorite, but I didn't quite love it when I watched it about a year ago. We'll see how it fares this time. I hated The Godfather the first time I watched it, but respected it well enough the second time around when I watched it for the Best Picture HOF. I thought The Virgin Spring was well made, but it is not among my favorites from Bergman.

I chose Return to Paradise because I think it's a good example of Phoenix's talent and I think the premise could spark some interesting conversation.

I've been meaning to watch Gaslight for awhile. Haven't seen Angel Face, Cinema Paradiso, or Raging Bull.

For My Reference:
Watched 10/10

Angel Face (Otto Preminger, 1953)
Length: 1 hr, 31 mins
Nominated by neiba
Rewatch?: No
Source: Library
Review: June 6, 2019 /

Cinema Paradiso (Nuovo Cinema Paradiso) (Giuseppe Tornatore, 1988)
Length: 2 hrs, 1 min
Nominated by John-Conner
Review: June 8, 2019 /
-

Gaslight (George Cukor, 1944)
Length: 1 hr, 54 mins
Nominated by Siddon
Review: June 2, 2019 /
-

The Godfather (Francis Ford Coppola, 1972)
Length: 2 hrs, 55 mins
Nominated by KeyserCorleone
Rewatch?: Yes
Review: June 3, 2019 /
+

Open Range (Kevin Costner, 2003)
Length: 2 hrs, 19 mins
Nominated by edarsenal
Source: My collection
Review: May 27, 2019 /
+

Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino, 1994)
Length: 2 hrs, 34 mins
Nominated by ahwell
Review: June 9, 2019 /
+

Raging Bull (Martin Scorsese, 1980)
Length: 2 hrs, 9 mins
Nominated by jiraffejustin
Source: Amazon Prime
Review: May 29, 2019 /
-

Return to Paradise (Joseph Ruben, 1998)
Length: 1 hr, 51 mins
Nominated by me
Review: June 10, 2019 /
-

Tombstone (George P. Cosmatos and Kevin Jarre, 1993)
Length: 2 hrs, 10 mins
Nominated Citizen Rules
Review: May 26, 2019 /

The Virgin Spring (Jungfrukällan) (Ingmar Bergman, 1960)
Length: 1 hr, 29 mins
Nominated rauldc14
Review: June 4, 2019 /
+

Cool, already seen half of these. But of course, we're pitting Pulp Fiction against The Godfather. I just started Rush in Rio, so I can't watch Return to Paradise now.

Oh gosh, thought Pulp Fiction had this in the bag, now not quite so sure... I may not even put it first now, and it's my all time favorite!

Important @ all participants, when you're going to watch my nom Cinema Paradiso please make sure it's the 123 min. (2 hour 3 min) theatrical (international) version.