OLD TIME ROCK 'N ROLL TOURNAMENT

Tools    

I do have a question. :
HHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPP !!!!!!!!!!

😳I may wander over to the Star Trek TOS thread, get in the transformer, and see if there's a way I can get Mr. Spock to assist me in this.
If Mr Spock can't help maybe Mr. @mojofilter can help out with the links?

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I use hyperlinks, but didn’t realize we have a hyperlink button. Which one is it? I can’t find it.
And for @lenslady

it shows up when you hit "Advanced" for extra options. The link button as a sphere and a chain. When you click it, a box opens up to supply the "link" or web page address. It'll pop up in your reply.

Part of that will be highlighted, in that highlighted section you type in the band and the song title.

At the beginning of that web address, it will start with "www." That is where you replace it with "m". That replacement makes it appear as writing instead of the video itself.

hope that helps.

I do have a question. :

😳
No worries. I'll fix them for you.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I do have a question. :

😳
No worries. I'll fix them for you.

Thank you mojofilter- you are the best!!!!
💛💚💙💜

And for @lenslady

it shows up when you hit "Advanced" for extra options. The link button as a sphere and a chain. When you click it, a box opens up to supply the "link" or web page address. It'll pop up in your reply.

Part of that will be highlighted, in that highlighted section you type in the band and the song title.

At the beginning of that web address, it will start with "www." That is where you replace it with "m". That replacement makes it appear as writing instead of the video itself.

hope that helps.
Will give it a shot next time. Thanks.

I forgot to say thanks to you @edarsenal for your input, which unfortunately glided like A High Flying Bird that was Eight Miles High over me. But perhaps Stirchley will be able to use this knowledge Today or in Days of Future Passed , or even next week on Monday Monday ( I can stop any time. Really. )

Fortunately @mojofilter gave a big Help to me so I can join right in and get some Satisfaction out of this terrific thread.

Also I Thank You and send a hug to @Citizen Rules who never fails to Stand By Me with his enthusiasm and tireless support.

With mofos like you all around , who are Here,There and Everywhere - how can I help but be Happy?

( Okay I' m done now. Whew glad to get that out of my system )

Sniff ‘n the Tears Driver’s Seat

Okay, I got the hang of it now. (Several hours later & I’m not even in the tournament.)

Will not hi-jack the thread any longer.

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Favorite song round 1: Doobie Brothers -What A Fool Believes
(it's almost cheating mojo )

Randy Meisner - Hearts On Fire VS. Sniff "N" the Tears-Driver's Seat
The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds VS. Ritchie Valens - Sleepwalk
Cream - White Room VS. April Wine - Roller
All Through the Night - Cyndi Lauper VS. Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good VS. Ambrosia - How much I feel
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Saturday Night Special VS. Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu
Mr. Soul - Buffalo Springfield VS.The Kinks-Celluloid Heroes
The Traveling Wilburys - End of the Line VS. The Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes

(the link for Tommy Tutone didn't work here btw)

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Not crazy about either of these.

Love Sleepwalk and I'm not a big Beatles fan

No contest.

Not crazy about either.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Saturday Night Special VS. Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu
That Johnny Rivers song is great but I'm gonna give it to my own nom. Wish these two were up against some of the lesser songs in this round.

The Traveling Wilburys - End of the Line VS. The Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes
I like the Doobies but they're no match for Petty, Orbison, Dylan, Harrison, and Lynne.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Round 1 Day 1

All Through the Night - Cyndi Lauper VS.Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny

I don't recall hearing the first before. It was corny but I enjoyed the vibe of the song and the video. I've loved Driver's Seat since first seeing one of my favorite movies-

The second was nice but an average Beatles song is a great song.

Not my favorite from Cream even if it's still awesome. For this one match, I enjoyed the other a little more this time.

All Through the Night - Cyndi Lauper VS.Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny

I rarely vote for Lauper, but that's not a song I've heard much and I liked it. I like Jenny but more as sort of a joke than as a good song.

Nothing bad here but it was a mismatch.

Brutal match between 2 favorites that I've nominated myself in the past.

Mr. Soul - Buffalo Springfield VS. Celluloid Heroes

Mr Soul is another that I love and have nominated before.

I didn't like either of these when they first came out but they've both grown on me over the years. One of them much more so though.

Getting SC's votes-

Great songs to pick from and I' m really enjoying listening to them. Okay I' m just getting the hang of this and I still don't know how to bold the letters for my choices on this thing. So I am just going to list the winner first, the song of my choice will be ALL IN CAPS and the ' loser ' second, in parenthesis, in no caps. I hope that's ok.

1- Sniif N the Tears. DRIVER'S SEAT
(Randy meisner - hearts on fire)

2- Ritchie Valens SLEEPWALK omg never thought I'd find a song to beat out the Beatles but Good Lawd - soooooo sexy,
Jest hold me close and let's dance real slow
(the Beatles - l.s.d.)

3-Cream -WHITE ROOM - iconic
(april wine- roller)

4- Cyndi Lauper - ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT
(tommy tutone - jenny)

5- Ambrosia HOW MUCH I FEEL
(joe Walsh - life 's been good)

6- Johnny Rivers - ROCKING PNEUMONIA AND THE BOOGIE WOOGIE FLU
( lynnard skynard - Saturday night special)

7- Buffalo Springfield - MR. SOUL
(kinks - celluloid heroes)

8 - The Traveling Wilburys - END OF THE LINE - I like the other song too - but this is how it's done, boys. What a driving rocking beat, what a happy circle of song.
(doobie brothers - what a fool believes )

ROUND 1 DAY 1

I just recently discovered the first song after I dove deep into the Eagles and their solo work, and I instantly loved this tune. Don Felder has his own version of the song which is equally as great

Beatlemaniac here, so this is a natural choice

Two kickass tunes. This was not an easy choice

I've grown tired of Jenny and her damn phone number. Lauper ain't rock 'n roll but she'll do for now

Joe Walsh is a cool mother f**ker, and that tune of his is pure rock 'n roll. Ambrosia is kickass too. Tough choice.

Another tough match. This tourney obviously will
not be an easy one overall. The second got me moving the minute I played it

Both are great. I like Celluloid heroes more, that's all

I've always loved that Wilburys' tune, but it's going up against a song I've loved more as I've grown older. Something about Michael McDonald's voice that does it for me

I will not post a winners list for each round/day just to save time. Losers will be deleted from the ELIMINATION LIST I've created on the first page. If your song has disappeared from the list, it means the other song in the match won

ROUND 2 DAY 2

Favorite songs round 2: Chuck Berry - C'est La Vie, Phil Collins - Easy Lover, Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin' You

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up VS. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
Dion - Runaround Sue VS. The Byrds - Turn Turn Turn
The Guess Who - Albert Flasher VS. I Got My Mojo Working - Bonnie Raitt
Chuck Berry - C'est La Vie (You Never Can Tell) VS. Frijid Pink-House of the Rising Sun
Humble Pie - I Don't Need No Doctor VS. Fleetwood Mac - Monday Morning
The Eagles - In The City VS. Phil Collins - Easy Lover
R.E.M. - Drive VS. Journey - Feeling That Way/Anytime
Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin' You VS. The Kingsmen - Louie Louie