Hey everybody, new here

Tools    

I post at this other movie site, www.rottentomatoes.com/forum.

Well, my girlfriend is trying to get me to post here, but meh...

Rotten Tomatoes seems in a way more cozy than this place. (no offense) Everyone there knows everyone else very, very well. It's kind of freaky occasionally. Is this place at all like that? Here's some questions.

-Do people here register more than one account and post nasty things secretly with the other?
-What are the average age/sex ratios here?
-Do you have any clubs, or events that posters put together?

Well, hope you don't mind another newbie.

SMASHER

Trust me Buddy, it don't get much more cosy than the cosiness around thse links. Trust me. It's get's COSY. I have seen the MoFo, and it is cosy.

I don't believe so.
I haven't. Besides, we've only had a small few ever post "mean" and "naughty" things. Out of hundreds of members, that's damn fine.

Interesting question to start out with, no offense.

Mainly guys.
We have a little group of girls. And what girls they are.
"Commish's Angels"

Ages are all over the place.
I'm one of the youngest.

Not really.
Sorta.
Maybe.

Sades and Chris (TWT) have this giant war going on when it comes to pogo.com and checkers, and myself and Chris are yet to get through a full game of Chess. We have the Games Forum. And the Shoutbox. And the PM's. The place is very self-contained. We don't need clubs and events. Everytime you log on you're in the club, and every time you open a thread, the going on's inside are going to be an event. Trust me.

Welcome.

B&W
-Do people here register more than one account and post nasty things secretly with the other?
I did that on another site and got kicked out when I was busted!

-What are the average age/sex ratios here?
Well, i'm 17

-Do you have any clubs, or events that posters put together?
Huh?

The design of the two forums themselves is nearly identical.

But, it's the people that make a good forum. Have you ever been to Rotten Tomatoes. Don't get me started on coziness because there, everyone know's everyone by face, age, gender, movie preferences, even voice in some cases. Have you ever had a picture thread?

Plus, there is alot more action over there. The forum was introduced late September 2001, and there are over 20 posters with 1000. (including me) Why the hell does it say I have 0 posts here?

We have activities like trivia, movie of the week, and chat discussions, but no games.

This place doesn't sound bad at all, more like an alternate world.

http://www.movieforums.net/showthrea...&threadid=1385

Picture thread. Right there, bub.
We're cosy, my friend. Cosy.

You're posting in the Misc. Forums.
Hence no post count.

Get out there and post!

Have you ever had a picture thread?
Yes...which you would've known if you'd bothered to look.

Plus, there is alot more action over there. The forum was introduced late September 2001, and there are over 20 posters with 1000. (including me) Why the hell does it say I have 0 posts here?
Um, I don't know what it says. The real question would be "What does it say when you register and start a thread like this right off the bat?"

We have activities like trivia, movie of the week, and chat discussions, but no games.
We've got polls and games and tabs in the Games, Tabs & Lists forum.

Sades and Chris (TWT) have this giant war going on when it comes to pogo.com and checkers, and myself and Chris are yet to get through a full game of Chess.
Not true! I checkmated your a** before it completely froze.

Smasher: I don't quite understand the point of all this. Is this some sort of community audit?

There wasn't really a point to this.

Or MAYBE, the real point of this is to see the reaction, to see if it was kind or not. Not a bad welcome overall, but I could have used a "hello".

I see these sites are very alike, but I don't see the point of arguing coziness because we don't know each other's sites.

I think some of you should just check it out? What harm could be done?

PS- When I post in Misc., I get posts!

I'm sorry, but I don't take kindly to people who come over here and then encourage the members to visit a competing site. I'm sure you can understand my objection. If you're gauging reaction, well, I think you're going about it the wrong way. If you were to start a "Hi, I just signed up," thread, without the questions and evaluations and comparisons, I imagine all you would've gotten was "Hi! Welcome! I hope you stick around." Perhaps it was unintentional, but you do sound very judgmental. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though, and assume it wasn't intended.

Anyway, what Silver (Matt) meant was that posts in the Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat forum don't count against your total...I don't see why this should be a problem. Post counts shouldn't matter a whole lot anyway.

Smasher, are you spying! Naughty! Oiy. As for me, I'm new aswell. I also come from RottenTomatoes, where I am the youngest and a pretty well known Motato . . . Ahem, I mean tomato. So far, I'd have to say RottenTomatoes is more cozy then this place! People here seem mean, and there aren't enough sticky threads, or Chrissy11's in that matter.

Hi Smasher!
beyond all towers strong and high,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.

Bleh...sticky threads I try to keep to a minimum. They get in the way of actual discussions...I let the posters determine whats kept fresh. Sorry that you think we're mean; I don't think so at all. What most of are, though, is very nutso about this site...so don't take it personally if Silver or B&W or whoever gets a little defensive. They're addicted.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Trust me Buddy, it don't get much more cosy than the cosiness around thse links. Trust me. It's get's COSY. I have seen the MoFo, and it is cosy.
Bullet that was some funny as sh it boy

I'd like to say this, I post at RT a lot too there may be more posting there... but you get few and far between some of the silly @ss post they so love to do.

Welcome to MoFo's

Peace

Chrissy, don't get invloved, they'll blind you with lasers!

Seriously, I did not mean to be judgemental, but if I ever wanted to start posting here, I just wanted to know the basic stuff. I'm just saying, Matt seemed to be bent on the conclusion that this is a cozier site. I do not disagree with that at all.

Rotten Tomatoes is on no way in competition with this site. All I'm saying is, if you are ever interested, check it out. The colors are quite different.

By the way, post count doesn't really matter, I was just curious. But Commish, would I be wrong in saying that you are the assumed unofficial leader here? Arn't you the one who once said you "owned this site". Yep, I was here.

Don't take my posts the wrong way. Cool smilies, by the way.

B&W
Hello SammyBaby and Smasher how are you?

Welcome to Mofos, here we like to chat about movies (and other stuff as well)

How's that for nice greeting

BTW, TWT, i reckon you should let Miscellaneous count for the post totals, cause although the post count doesn't matter much, it does count for a little. Plus, the Miscellaneous corner has the best chat in it

Originally posted by L .B . Jeffries

Bullet that was some funny as sh it boy

I'd like to say this, I post at RT a lot too there may be more posting there... but you get few and far between some of the silly @ss post they so love to do.

Welcome to MoFo's

Peace
What is your RT name?

Well, actually, I believe the other Miscellaneous Forums do count. This is the only one that is negated.

Rotten Tomatoes is on no way in competition with this site. All I'm saying is, if you are ever interested, check it out. The colors are quite different.
Well, I've got nothing against RT, but it IS in competition, make no mistake; we're both trying to build strong movie-related communities. Not that I don't welcome competition for the most part.

By the way, post count doesn't really matter, I was just curious. But Commish, would I be wrong in saying that you are the assumed unofficial leader here? Arn't you the one who once said you "owned this site". Yep, I was here.
Yep, I own the blasted thing. It's my baby.

Originally posted by Smasher

What is your RT name?
*chanting:*

Tell us! Tell us!

Please?

twt - on the register a new person page migyht wanna put the b-days and introductions forum so ppl wont post them here.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Um...shouldn't this be in the Birthdays and Introductions thread?

Anywho, welcome to the two of you, hope you enjoy it here.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I used to be on these clubbing fourms (warning - not for the faint hearted) until all the new clubbing kiddies overan it with threads like "Where is the worst place you can have hair"

I'm new here too Smasher so this is coming from me and probably not represntative of the other mofo's on here (god i love saying that) and the only thing i can say is your post is a bit of a silly one - the reasoning behind that being the only way you can find out about a forum is by reading the threads that interest you and you'll see what kind of discussions take place, I read these forums a while before posting and I got the jist of the kind of posts to be expected and figured I might be able to adjust into here.

As for coziness, any forum you hang around becomes a cozy place because you're logging into the same site with the same people for a long period of time and you talk about what happens to you every day and you get to know them and so on. "Everyone there knows everyone else" that wouldn't be a valid argument because you're new here, hence you wouldn't know anyone or any inter-relationships between the people!

Lastly, why is your girlfriend trying to get you to post here?