Best Movie Villains

Tools    

Umm, I was told there would be no math...

daniel day lewis in gangs of new york

Is it wrong that I almost don't even think of Bill Cutting as a villain in 'Gangs'? I mean the antagonist, sure, but he was by miles the best thing of that movie and I was almost rooting for him to knock off DiCaprio.

Oopsie Daisy!!

Having recently watched these three films, these are some of my choices:

John Ryder (Hitcher) from 1986's 'The Hitcher'
David Lo Pan from 'Big Trouble In Little China'
Megatron from 1986's 'Transformers: The Movie'

How about Brad Pitt as Jesse James?
To be honest I really liked Jesse and don't consider him much of a villain.

I like villains which earn your respect such as V from Vendetta, he tried to promote the freedom of speech in a devilish way and I'm pretty sure that all the audience loved him.

My favourite villain is Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting from Gangs of New York, he's just so great.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Surely the Government are the villains in V For Vendetta?
I agree 100%, the government are the villains, V is more like a Patriot (I think I remember what Patriot means).

Click image for larger version

Name:	the_warriors_david1.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	7402

David Patrick Kelly - Luther - The Warriors

Sid, the cruel (possibly budding psychopathic) neighbor boy, from Toy Story:

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Surely the Government are the villains in V For Vendetta?
Yeah, V is definitely the protagonist.

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
Is it wrong that I almost don't even think of Bill Cutting as a villain in 'Gangs'? I mean the antagonist, sure, but he was by miles the best thing of that movie and I was almost rooting for him to knock off DiCaprio.

Oopsie Daisy!!
I agree that DDL was by far the best part of Gangs of New York, but he was also a badass villain from start to finish. Definitely deserves a look at any top 10 villain list. Plus, it's not really fair to look down on those acting with DDL for not being up to par as nobody really is. Then again, he did make Nine.

By the way, David Lo Pan is an AMAZING call. Love Big Trouble in Little China.

I think the jokers a pretty good all round villain. Heath Ledger was exceptional at playing him in The Dark Knight. Anyone else who has played the joker has usually done a good job. I like the jokers personality, evil yet witty

"You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna get medieval on your ass."

Anarchist within reason
David Bowie in "Labyrinth"

Purely for the cod piece. Luckily that film was'nt in 3D... those poor kids
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

It's really cliche, but I'd have to go with Jude Law and Jenifer Leigh in eXistenZ.

Like most I think Heath Ledger from the Dark Knight.

I'll pick The psycho girl from The Misery. i forgot the name.
She's totally sick to the bone!

David Bowie in "Labyrinth"

Purely for the cod piece. Luckily that film was'nt in 3D... those poor kids
Jareth is actually a great classic operatic villain. Good pick. He really is a great villain.