Best Movie Villains

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.
I thought he played a very good seemingly passive devilish devil in 'The Devi's Advocate' if that makes sense lol.
I think the 'Passive Devilish Devils' ought to be the name of a rock band.

How about Kevin Spacey in Seven?

I thought he played a very good seemingly passive devilish devil in 'The Devi's Advocate' if that makes sense lol.
Yeah he did, i had forgotten about that, i think he plays a good anything !!!

p29
lil ze from city of god was one vicious bas**rd!

also don logan from sexy beast and brick top from snatch were ruthless aswell

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
This is a great list and something I am thinking of tossing out as a round-table for an episode of our podcast. Here are some more off the top of my head . . .

Darth Vader (Star Wars)
Jaws (Jaws, does that count?)
Warden Norton (The Shawshank Redemption)
Joker (Dark Knight)
Ron Silver (Timecop)
Keyser Soze (Usual Suspects)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton. Help, please!!!

The Joker (The Dark Knight)

Actors are sometimes described as "disappearing into a role." Never was that term more fitting than in the case of Heath Ledger as The Joker.
With his cracked white pancake makeup, black-rimmed eyes, smeared lipstick and greasy, greenish-tinged hair, The Joker bears no resemblance to the strikingly handsome actor who played him. In fact, the character is like nothing we've seen or heard before.
Sure, there's a whiff of Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange in the performance, but Ledger has made this anarchic maniac a singular and supremely unhinged villain. From the clumsily repellant way he flips his tongue around to his sneering, nasal voice, he is a peerless eccentric.
He has the movie's best lines, of course: "What doesn't kill you makes you stranger." And the much-quoted "Why so serious?" He even pays homage to a classic movie line, in a truly twisted way. In addition to his malicious wit, this self-described "agent of chaos" also has dialogue that gives us a window into his diabolical soul.

But as much as this is Ledger's movie, that should not diminish the notable accomplishments of other key cast members.
Accolades must also go to director and co-screenwriter Christopher Nolan.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Jaws (Jaws, does that count?)
I'd certainly count Jaws. I think of all the bad things in all the movies I've ever watched Jaws is the one I'd least like to encounter. But then again, I'm deathly afraid of sharks.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'm sure there are several other threads on this topic but I'm too lazy to look for them right now....

Norman Stansfield (Gary Oldman) ~ Léon

Archibald Cunningham (Tim Roth) ~ Rob Roy
Agree with this 100%.

Both are simply outstanding.

Heath Ledger's Joker aswell ofc.

Umm, I was told there would be no math...
Can we count 'the wind' in 'The Happening'? Oh wait, this is a Best movie villains thread. Never mind.

I've never been bored enough to see The Happening, but Tim Curry from Legend is a GREAT call. Man, that is one of the best make-up jobs of all time. I remember seeing that when I was a kid and losing a lot of sleep. He was also great in IT, though that was a TV movie.

Tim Curry = gold.

In fact, I may have to go and watch Clue tonight now.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Probably the most hated person I've found in a film... that I just wanted to go into the movie and punch in the face is George C. Scott in The Hustler. He probably takes the cake as the best movie villain in my mind. He's greedy - an example of the worst in capitalism, impersonal, a show-off, and uses people and tosses them aside like the toliet paper you've just wiped your ass with. A wonderful written and acted character to evoke such hate from an audience fo' sure.

I remember something Holden Pike wrote on moviejustice a long time ago about great villains in film being real, or those characters who could be real and are - people who run our country, corrupt individuals, etc... not aliens, and eight legged monsters. Something to that effect, and then he cited John Huston in Chinatown - yes a great villain. Really makes sense.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Mrs. Danvers in Rebecca. She was creeepy.

word... especially the scene when she attempts to taunt the woman (gah can't recall character's name) to suicide.

Margaret Hamilton as 'The Wicked Witch of the West' in The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Danny Glover as 'Albert' in The Color Purple (1985)

Bette Davis as 'Baby Jane Hudson' in Whatever Happened To Baby Jane (1962)

Angela Lansbury as 'Mrs Iselin' in The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Robert Patrick as 'T-1000' in Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)

Piper Laurie as 'Margaret White' in Carrie (1976)

Hope Emerson as 'Evelyn Harper' in Caged (1950)

Kevin Bacon as 'Wade' in The River Wild (1994)

Robert De Niro as 'Max Cady' in Cape Fear (1991)

Shelley Winters as 'Rose-Ann Darcey' in A Patch of Blue (1965)

Laurence Olivier as 'Szell' in Marathon Man (1976)

Louise Fletcher as 'Nurse Ratched' in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

Louis Gossett Jnr as 'Sgt. Emil Foley' in An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)

Joe Pesci as 'Tommy DeVito' in Goodfellas (1990)

Stockard Channing as 'Rizzo' in Grease (1978)

Ruth Gordon as 'Minnie Castevet' in Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Kevin Bacon as 'Sean Nokes' in Sleepers 1996

Meryl Streep as 'Miranda Priestly' in The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Sigourney Weaver as 'Katherine Parker' in Working Girl (1988)

Click image for larger version

Name:	4673763182_1ee925a653.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	7386

Colonel Miles Quaritch - He really made me angry... let the Na'vi have their damn tree!

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 1283
Size:  351.6 KB

Alonza Harris - Training Day - I know Denzel won the academy so it is sort of know but I actually wanted to jump into the screen and shoot him

Jordan17, that is pretty great work. I like Robert Patrick from T2 especially. Now that is a pretty awesome villain. Great list though and some people that you wouldn't normally think of.

How about the Predator from the first Predator and not so much from everything since?

How about the Thing from Carpenter's 'The Thing'? Pretty badass alien villain right there.