kids in the hall

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
Moviefans SNL post got me craving for some opinions on those crazy canadians. If you have a favorite "kids in the hall" skit, post-it. I'm working on my list.
if you cant remember, check out this site:

http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/index.html

Off the top of my head:

The Chicken Lady
Cabbage Head Guy
Any and all of the Scott Thompson monologues
"He's hip. He's cool. He's 45."
The "shoveling fuel" sketch
"But each day we work in silence. I can stand the silence no more."
The hookers
The "It's Citizen Kane" sketch
The "I want to be a fireman" sketch

Cripes there are so many more... God, I love that show.

Bleh. Alright...here's my take on The Kids in the Hall: one out of ten skits is very funny...the others are a waste of time. I've found this ratio to hold true virtually all the time. The best skit of theirs that I've seen would probably be the weird, semi-recurring "I'm just thinking of Tony..." thing, but I also loved the "Oh yeah, we'll I'm THIS close to running away" skit.

Those who have seen them will know what I mean, of course.

Originally posted by Yoda
Bleh. Alright...here's my take on The Kids in the Hall: one out of ten skits is very funny...the others are a waste of time. I've found this ratio to hold true virtually all the time. The best skit of theirs that I've seen would probably be the weird, semi-recurring "I'm just thinking of Tony..." thing, but I also loved the "Oh yeah, we'll I'm THIS close to running away" skit.

Those who have seen them will know what I mean, of course.
I get the Tony skit ("Where is he now? Is he thinking of me?), and that's a good one, but I know nothing of the "running away" thingie. Of course, I have by no means seen every Kids in the Hall episode, more's the pity...

Another favorite is the "You're Drunk and Stupid" sketch.
"Your responses have been dulled by drink. Drink and stupidity."

Oh, it was short, and really simple. I think it opened one of the shows. It starts in a bar...one guy's eyeing another. He yells to him from across the bar...

"I'm about THIS close to beating the crap outta you!"

...he holds two fingers up around 2-3 inches apart to show how close he is.

The other guy pulls his hand up, his fingers about an inch apart, and says...

"Oh yeah? Well I'm about THIS close to running away!"

The first guy runs up to him and compares the distance between their two fingers...realizes he's lost, says "DAMN!" and goes back to his seat.