Happy Birthday Patti

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
This is a thread wishing Patti a happy birthday today. What are you? Going on 28?

Have a good one Patti.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Happy birthday to one of my favorite MoFo's!

For this occasion I have composed a small poem with mine own, though admittedly, unpracticed hand. I learned a little about the grand Raven and have decided that his symbolic power is fitting to you Patti. The poem is about the darker side of the Raven but many cultures throughout history have viewed the Raven as the symbol of uncanny intelligence and wisdom.

With uneasy heart, cross shadow of Raven
Diaphanous cast of humanity’s maven
Black as cold pitch, black as cold night
On cold blackened wing, take to cold flight
Shimmering obsidian, visage of wise
Beats heart omniscient, behind dark guise
Thought and Memory circled the world
Unto Odin’s ear, secrets unfurled
Whispers of rage, whispers of war
Whispers of love, whispers of lore
Immortal avian purveyor of doom
Ominous shadow, ensign of tomb
Beware his sharp and roving glower
Beware of bell’s toll; beware of death’s hour

Odin was a great Norse king who had two Ravens, one called Hugin and one called Munin. They sat upon his warrior's shoulder and each morning he set them free. One flew to the west and one flew to the east. Each circled the globe and re-lit upon their master's shoulder at the end of the day whereupon they would tell him of what they had seen. Translated Hugin and Munin mean Thought and Memory.

Some American Indian tribes viewed the Raven as creator of the world. He sailed the skies of the earth with a bag around his neck that was full of seeds. He dropped those seeds across the ground creating life. The last and heaviest seed was the seed of man.

This is in lieu of a card... which I would know not where to send had I purchased one. Just know that Patti the Raven was in my thoughts on this day.

Happy Birthday!
Matt

Well Well Happy Birthday Patti hope your having a great one.

What kind of presents have you gotten so far.

Love yea, Patti and I'm glad I've had the chance to get to know you over the past year or so. Your posts have always brang a smile to my face

Now With Moveable Parts
Happy Birthday Patti!!!!

I love you sistah! Thanks for being my little pal, and for listening to me rant and rave about everything. I hope your birthday is a good day. Loves and Kisses!

~Sades

Female assassin extraordinaire.
HAPPY BURFDAY!

I came on expressly to tell you this. I am thumbing the nose at the new boss, risking my life to strafe in, dump some hugs and kisses, wish you fantastically well, and hope you have fun announcing to the world as you cross each person's path, that it's your splendiferous, splashingly swimmingly glorious happ-happily special day!!!

*hugz* *kisses*

Happy Birthday Patti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great to have you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
TWT- Wheres her DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

wowza........i mean....WOWZAAAAAA. i'm honored, and had to finish wiping away tears before i could get at the keyboard to post some gratitude. thankyou my Mofo friends.
i actually had a good chapter all typed in when my computer kicked me offline....so it was all dumped (hence the tears-- heh heh heh)

i had a terrific day, great weather (78 degrees, nice breeze, beautiful clouds, lots of construction workers within view....heh heh).
the magnolia trees all bloomed over night. i love how sudden spring can happen. and i have a nice mellow evening ahead of me. i did a great job exhausting my little girl....spent most of the day outside. we roasted marshmallows in a stone firepit in a wooded park, and took a great run.

thanks matt....the poem is awesome and impressive as usual. and i'm honored to be thought of along with the magical raven.
isn't raven lore fascinating? have you heard the indian story of how the raven lived on the planet when there was only darkness. they had heard of an old man who had a light.....inside a box, inside a box, inside a box, inside a box, inside a box. they found the old man and tricked him into showing them the light. the raven stole it and when the old man took chase, the raven flew up and tossed the light high into the sky where it remains today as our sun.

cool as hell, hunh?

thanks chris, thanks spud, thanks sadie, thanks thmilin, thanks lbj, thanks mercurdius, thanks toose for the great poem and stories, and thanks holden.
and ofcourse, thanks brodie for the numerous birthday wish posts, and S.C. ......and have i forgotten anybody? hope not. it's all appreciated and it's been an even better birthday because of MoFo.

Woops. I'm a day late, but happy b-day anyway! I hope you had a good one.

hey.....thanks firegod. ....had a terrific day.

I'm not going to say Happy Birthday, because it's too late to do so.

But you know how I feel, Patti, buddy.

yes indeed silver.......but i miss ya.