The social impact of The Crocadile Hunter

Tools    

Didn't see it.
Don't you just hate genes? I wish it didn't require so much hard work to over come them.

I'm torn on the subject - my parents are talented intelligent people, so I'm glad to be their child. At the same time, they both have weight problems.

However, the upside is my dad, although overweight, is still very well built - IE: he's not big and fat and unhealthy. I'm convinced he could have been an olympian if he'd bothered to really try.

So it's a mixture - the bad news is I can't eat the food I like fairly often without gaining weight, but the good news is all I have to do is follow a decent diet and I shed weight and gain muscle very quickly.

Body building is my life.....well it will be for sure in about five years. If you excercise and eat right, you will see positive results and therefore will feel positive about yourself...not to mention feeling healthy and being healthy. You just have to have the WILLPOWER to do it. Please try and fill us all in on how you are progressing.

But this is a movieforum...not a fitness one...haha!

I'm not going to be picky - this forum is here to talk about movies, and for people to get to know each other and chat - I don't mind topics going off subject.

I honestly never took the time to routinely work out before. I started on the Atkins Diet (ever hear of it? The only way to go for building muscle!!!), and used the BoxFlex daily for a week or two, and for the first time could make a truly visible curve of muscle on my arm - I'd never bothered before.

Anyway, I've gained a lot of weight back. The muscle is still there, but it's going to be tricky making a habit of it all.

The Atkins diet is a diet that limits the amount of carbohydrates in a person's diet. And what it is NOT the only way "to go to build muscle." You were misinformed. It's just a weight-loss diet that can be used successfuly while you train. It doesn't help you build muscle faster...it is proven to slow down muscle growth (dramatically, I'm not sure). Carbohydrates are essential to fueling your muscles before, during, and after you workout. You also need high amounts of protein, and calories, (beleive it or not) some fat too. If you want to build muscle...dont' worry about your body's fat content...Worry about that after you've made strength/size gains.

About dieting...

If you eat 6 small meals a day (instead of 3 big ones), your motabolism will speed up dramatically, so you will lose weight. It isn't natural for humans to eat only 3 big meals a day....it came about due to social reasons in societies. Do monkeys only eat 3 times a day? More and more, people are eating as little as only 2 big meals a day....and the quality of food is a whole other story. That is why our society is getting heavier on average every year.

Hey PooPoo,
I didn't know if we could go off topic.
I work out too but I did it backwards of what you just said. You said don't worry about the fat. I used to be flabby so I worked out at Bally's for 9 months doing aerobics and weight training until I was fit and trim. Then I stopped for about 2 years and just started again last August. I found that I'm just as strong as when I stopped (which made me very happy) but now it's strictly weights, no aerobics. I can really see my body changing. I think it's cause there's not much fat to cover the results, not sure. I still have some fat around my midsection but a low fat diet is getting rid of that.

Anyway my question is: How long does it take to get buff? I have a nice shape but I'm not massive. Not sure if I want to be either, I just want more definiton. Also, do you know of any good websites? I'm reading The Peloquin Priciples but what I really like is when they (books or websites) give guidelines. Like your hams should be 2/3 as strong as your quads or if you can tricep press this much you should be able to curl this much. Stuff like that. I don't care about being massive so much as I want to be symetrical(sp?) and proportioned correctly. Got any suggestions?

I have other questions too but this post is big enough. I might ask you in other posts if thats's ok.

I know the guy who runs http://www.wannabebig.com - nice guy, checkout the site.

Still working on the bowflex, but it's a pain to stay on the diet.

Ironically, I was thinking of opening a forums site about diets - got a killer domain in mind, but no free time for it!

Originally posted by PooPooMaster
The Atkins diet is a diet that limits the amount of carbohydrates in a person's diet. And what it is NOT the only way "to go to build muscle." You were misinformed. It's just a weight-loss diet that can be used successfuly while you train. It doesn't help you build muscle faster...it is proven to slow down muscle growth (dramatically, I'm not sure). Carbohydrates are essential to fueling your muscles before, during, and after you workout. You also need high amounts of protein, and calories, (beleive it or not) some fat too. If you want to build muscle...dont' worry about your body's fat content...Worry about that after you've made strength/size gains.
I've used the diet personally and have to disagree. It is not just about less carbs, but more protein and vitamins. Protein is more essential to building muscle than carbohydrates.

Yes, muscle and fat are two seperate things (my father has both, they don't interfere with each other), but in terms of looking muscular, you can't have fat covering things up.

People used to be on an atkins-type diet all the time - eating lots of meat. That's the natural way in my opinion. If you go on the diet for awhile, your body can tolerate a reasonable amount of carbs.

Besides - real carbs are a far cry from processed white bread and sugars - those are just plain old bad.

The Atkins diet also increases energy for me and sharpens my mind. It's truly amazing.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I have a syndrome where I can not get fat. It's called Gilbear Syndrome, and it causes my blood to produce to many white blood cells, which when they die turn into bile, which is what digests food in your stomach. So in turn I digest food to fast, and that combined with my already freakishly high metabolism makes me unable to really gain any considerable amount of weight. So that's pretty cool. And muscle wise, I'm pretty tone/strong. I'm perfect for my size and age.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh man you suck!!! i'm so jealous. i have a history of weight problems in my very american family, and on top of that my father's side is black so that's a lot of big black women who are usually the size of 1.5 people before they graduate high school and usually of 2 by the time they reach full adulthood.

add to that my mom's side is asian and I"m short short short ... so it's a struggle to keep the inescapable weight off a smaller framed body. i so know what you guys mean about having the right proportions.

as a female i have no desire to be "buff" but I would like to see what I am under this madness before I finish my 20s. gawd. this is kinda depressing. women and their weight ... ahh, the hidden traumas of society. ok i'll shut up now.

_______
what we all need is a world that makes virtual exercise have real results. heheh.

The Crocodile is the biggest moron on television.
Don't buy anything on that show for one second, my God. It's so pathetic. It ain't him risking his life -- it's the camera operators.

The guy is pathetic. He's an exploitation of an Australian that honest to God, doesn't exist. We are not like that -- none of us. It's all a stupid act.

I hate this guy with a passion.

"It's so dangerous!! Let's follow it!"