The Tick

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok, this is gonna be about the same as 24..It's not a movie, but this show is directed by Barry Sonnenfield.

If you didn't catch this, you missed one of the most hilarious half-hours of comedy in a long time. Patrick Warburton(Tick) is perfect for the role he plays. He knows stupidity very well. As for the other characters in it, they are pretty much unknowns. Christoper Lloyd played Arthur's boss, but that was only for a few minutes, after which Arthur quits to be a Super Hero.

The first show starts off with our main character standing atop a bus station guarding it from the evil clutches of the coffee machine. As a passenger on the bus goes for some coffee, the machine doesn't start pouring the coffee, which is when The Tick comes to the rescue and makes the machine his b****(and yes he says that). After this whole ordeal, the guy running the station drops a bus ticket and says, "I think you dropped something." So The Tick is off to the city where he vows to spread his buttery justice over every nook and cranny of the city.

TWT and I were talking about it last night, and this is one show that will have you spouting the one-liners from Tick even when you aren't even thinking about the show. Very funny, and worth watching. Catch it next week, if you can't catch it when it's on..for God sakes...TAPE IT!!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Oh hell yeah. This is all about goofy/clever one-liners. I think I'm gonna put one in my signature for now. Ya gotta love it when he requests a piece of Arthur's "righteous combat pie." Oh crap, I love this show...it's fantastic.

I refused to watch The Tick out of spite, in much the same way fans of the comic refused to watch the cartoon. I have all the cartoons on tape and I like them the way they are. I actually quoted the cartoon today by saying, "I can't read your weird moon language!" From the moustache episode, which happens to be the pinnacle of all comedy on Earth. My friends watched it and said that it had its moments, but wasn't spectacular. I don't know...

I only caught the cartoon once and a while and liked it then too, i think they're about the same though. I mean it's just a funnier way for people to make an idiot out of themselves and make some money at the same time.

You've got to at least give it a try, man! For all you know, it'll be true to the cartoon. I thought it was pretty accurate for a live-action version. Above all, though, it was pretty damn hilarious...which is the most important thing.

Ok, this week's episode was a little on the weak side. I found the first episode to be more of a "Tickish" type show, but this week's was just lacking.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts on the show?? I mean it's a great show, if it had some more catchy one-liners, and spouts of idiotism.

Wasn't as funny, but still worth watching. It's funny to see their little made-up superhero-filled world. Sort of like "Mystery Men" in that respect...great concept for a series. Overall, if the average episode can be just a little funnier than this one, we'll all be lucky ducks ().

I thought the 2nd episode was as good as the 1st. The TV team is dong an excellent job of capturing the comic book's sense of humor, and creating that alternate world well even with a limited budget. I've been a fan of Patrick Warburton's since he was Eric the handyman on "Dave's World", then Puddy on "Seinfeld" and Johnny Johnson on "News Radio". His Kronk absolutely stole The Emperor's New Groove, which considering David Spade and John Goodman were doing their thing is pretty impressive. Warburton's deadpan delivery is always spot-on and hilarious, and he is PERFECT as The Tick.

Don't know how long FOX is going to keep "The Tick" around, but I think it's been great out of the gate.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah, I got maybe one good laugh out of this one, and that was it. I couldn't believe my name was mentioned in it though.

"...Even potatoes can die..."

Wow you guys think of me outside of the forums...I feel special now. The whole thing with "The Immortal" shooting his heat beam when he gets excited got a little bit of a chuckle out of me. Other than that, I'm still waiting for the Tick War Cry...SPOOOOOOON!!!!

Patience, chum, the war cry will come soon! And yeah, it's very weird to actual talk about, or be talked about, outside of these forums. So weird to think that there are probably a few people who talk about me offline with the people they know, even though we only "know" each other online. Freaky, eh?

Very...

A few of us outta just move to a certain city/town buy a building...open shop and have Team MoFo looking out for the little guy. Wherever that came from I don't know...

Oh yeah...I fully intend to, down the line, assuming the site does as well as I think it will, try to organize some sort of meeting where most of us can go to a movie. Most of us seem to be in the eastern half of the US, though, so anyone in the West might have a hard time. I dunno. We shall see.

I like this show a lot, and even though i agree last weeks show was funnier, i liked this one a little bit more. I think one problem with the show is that they havnt brought back any of the old tick super villains yet, and that could be bad. I mean whats the tick without at least one chaiface episode???
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I was thinking the same thing: Chairface Chippendale would be pretty funny. Especially if that "moon thing" happens...and is always in the background when you see the moon in episodes past that. I thought "Apocolypse Cow," mentioned in the first episode, sounded pretty funny/original.

When they started talking about the Apocolypse Cow and how fire shoots out of it's teets......I was rolling. Batmanual?? No...Batmanuel...

From an interview with Patrick Warburton, and some dude named Ben, who's one of the writers, or something like that:

Question: Patrick - will The Tick ever be saying "Spoooooon!!!" on the live-action show?

Patrick: Well, you'll have to ask him (points to Ben)...

Ben: The way it worked in the comic book and the way it worked in the cartoon - in the comic book he first says "spoon" in issue #7. In the cartoon, he first said, "spoon" in episode #13. So, it'll take awhile. You've got to educate the audience to the level of absurdity before you go, "Spooooooon!!!" and expect anyone to laugh. It takes a little time.

IF it makes it to episode #13. Who knows though, it might just make it that far. Wish they had it on this week, but alas...Adam Sandler had to dominate the channel.

Episode #3 was ho-hum. Had it's moments. Did you see The Tick shake Fiery Burn's hand? "Hot potato!" Thought of you again, man. It's freaky how they keep sneaking potato references in there. Another episode tonight...in 10 minutes! Yay.