Walmart opening 160 drive-in theaters

Tools    

Wonder if McDonalds will take note and open drive-thru ones?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, they tore down my fave drive-in 25 years ago to put up a friggin' Walmart. It would be nice if people went back to the drive-in but it could be a pipe dream for Tribeca.

Thrilled about the return of the drive-in. I was introduced to drive-ins as a kid and saw a lot of classic films for the first time at a drive-in and was crushed when they started to disappear. I think this is fantastic news I hope one opens near me!

The trick is not minding
Thrilled about the return of the drive-in. I was introduced to drive-ins as a kid and saw a lot of classic films for the first time at a drive-in and was crushed when they started to disappear. I think this is fantastic news I hope one opens near me!
Same! I’m hoping one opens near me as well. I’ve been wanting to hit one up all My life

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
One opened here about a decade or so ago but closed about two years back (not Wal-Mart related). I think that was a unique case though as it was halfway between a city and smaller town, all by itself off a highway. I always felt it was just too far to travel on any given night to get back so late. My guess is that property is too expensive any closer to a population large enough to support it. I have no idea.

I hope they never come back. Having just watched The Outsiders, I believe they will only invite more Matt Dillon type sexual predators and cold, windy gang wars into our communities. Too, what with the covid pandemic, I can't imagine the contamination from customers handling and selecting their own snacks to carry to check out. Don't even get me started on church burnings!

I welcome this decision.

Looking forward to reliving the 50's!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The trick is not minding
One opened here about a decade or so ago but closed about two years back (not Wal-Mart related). I think that was a unique case though as it was halfway between a city and smaller town, all by itself off a highway. I always felt it was just too far to travel on any given night to get back so late. My guess is that property is too expensive any closer to a population large enough to support it. I have no idea.

I hope they never come back. Having just watched The Outsiders, I believe they will only invite more Matt Dillon type sexual predators and cold, windy gang wars into our communities. Too, what with the covid pandemic, I can't imagine the contamination from customers handling and selecting their own snacks to carry to check out. Don't even get me started on church burnings!
And don’t get me started on The Sharks vs Jets turf wars that erupted over it

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Is there a listing of which Walmart’s will be doing so?
I’d be really interested in attending these drive ins.

There's no information about locations or movie titles yet, but this should be the link for the website:

https://walmartdrive-in.com/

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I have a pretty decent drive in near me and they'll be playing The Evil Dead with Pieces in August.

Suspect's Reviews

Years back, all the drive-ins screened at least double bills. If they didn't, no one would have attended. I hope that tradition will continue. Otherwise IMO it's not really worth the hassle...

The trick is not minding
Yup. The drive in near me only does double bill films. Sonetimes triple!!!

Never seen Pieces.
I just recently bought a book about the history of the horror and sci fi double bill. Really wish they’d return to the practice.

I just recently bought a book about the history of the horror and sci fi double bill. Really wish they’d return to the practice.
Drive-in movies were always double bill when I went. Though don't ask me what I seen I can't remember

The trick is not minding
Drive-in movies were always double bill when I went. Though don't ask me what I seen I can't remember
My book has a comprehensive list from 1955-1974. It’s only sci fi and horror though.