2001 re-release...what do you think?

Tools    

I saw only a few weeks ago that there will be 2 re-release of 2001 a Space Odyssey; one on December 31st and one in October 2001. Does anyone has any details about it?

You can see a few blurbs about it here...it's where I found about this new project: http://www.cinefex.com/upcoming/films/up2001.html

I wonder what they are adding or if it's a remastering with Digital sounds and such. I loved the original version even if it had it's "lengths".

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I hadn't heard about re-releasing that, but I had heard about re-releasing the first Superman.

I didn't know about the Superman.

Did you know that Spielberg is also making a movie that was originally written by Kubrick? This would make 3 releases of 2001 that are written and produced/co-produced by Kubrick! hehe Imagine if he wins an oscar for one of the movies...it's weird in a sense but it's also great, as long as the new producers respect Kubrick's "rules".

Cheers!

I think the movie is "A.I." - I think it was written by Kubrick, but something is telling me he was simply planning to write such a film. A poster for the AI film is available, BTW.

As for Superman - ugh, I saw that movie recently, and it was terrible. Totally insanse. Yes, it's a comic book movie, but some of it was just nuts. There is such a thing as inplausability, even in a comic book.

I thought Superman was cool when I saw it in the theater, but Superman II was a far superior film (though I never understood the whole "giving up his super powers" thing or how that was supposed to work. Plus, if he's doing it for Lois, he's misguided. Without the super powers, he's just Clark Kent, and we already know that Lois doesn't like Clark Kent in "that way").

And how bad could Superman be? It's got Academy Award Winners out the wazoo (well, it has three of them, at least. Brando, Hackman and Beatty. Of course Last Action Hero also had three Academy Award winners in it: Plowright, that guy from Amadeus and Mercedes Ruehl, so I guess bad movies can have a troika of Oscar winners in it and still be "bad". But again, I liked Superman: The Movie.)

I disliked it because some of the ways he does things are just stupid and ridiculous - totally. The ending is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. It's ridiculously in maybe half a dozen ways. Yes, it's a comic book - but comic books can go too far.