Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!!

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Two things . . .

You guys can change your noms all the way up until the end. Make sure you let me know, though.

Also, I hope this isn't a problem, but I haven't been the type to listen to all the songs beforehand, to make sure they all qualify. Do you all do that? That takes a lot of time. I'm still running short in that department.

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is make a bunch more of it uuuuup for me
Cause I got too much ***** to do . . .

You guys didn't know that I could write music, now did ya!?!

I usually just check to make sure that the links work, but I don't listen to the complete songs. Unless someone complains about a song, or it's obvious that it doesn't fit the theme, I just leave it up to people to make sure that their nominations are appropriate for the theme.

I considered nominating two other songs with the same title, but they got narrowed out of my final list.

Bryan White - God Gave Me You

Blake Shelton - God Gave Me You
I trust that means my nom will automatically be getting your vote throughout this tournament then gbg

Sure, if you change it to one of the other versions.
Hmmmm ...... tempting .... but .... I prefer the original of Shelton's attempt anyway

These are Ned's corrected links. (I think Cricket said that the first two songs have to be changed because they have already won previous tournaments.)
OK, and thanks! I'm PMing him with what Tattwo realized . . . (He's right that the link in the share section is where Ned's getting it from, which explains it all) . . . So anyways, I'll see if he can figure it out with those last two nominations. I'd say so.

I usually just check to make sure that the links work, but I don't listen to the complete songs. Unless someone complains about a song, or it's obvious that it doesn't fit the theme, I just leave it up to people to make sure that their nominations are appropriate for the theme.
Good! I was hoping so. Too much work.

OK, Cosmic didn't join, so we have eight players. Do you guys like the way Chyp ended his thread? Did you like it, Chyp? Would you guys like more than 64 songs? It can be any number from 8, 10, 12, 14, to 16 songs each. Just let me know.

With just eight players you can simply run it as a normal tournament hun .... 64-32-16-8-4-2-1

Now that was fast . . . Wasn't it!?!

I'm typing to Ned. I think he'll get it, now that we know he was taking the wrong link.

He also needs two more songs. I think the rest of you are OK. I am seriously behind, but I want to take a nap before I do this. I never went to bed last night, and I only slept 4 hours the night before. Me so tired!!!

hehe I know, but it's a tiny amount of music.
Make it 64 noms each then
If we started this coming Monday and did a set a day we'd be done on March 31st

Make it 64 noms each then
If we started this coming Monday and did a set a day we'd be done on March 31st
Ummm, NO! Are you mad!?! I can't remember now, but someone, for some reason, told me they could easily come up with eight more songs, if needed. I dunno, but if I only do 64 songs, and start right after your thread, I will be done with this Valentine thread by as early as Jan 31, to no later than Feb 2-3. That's a bit off. With one or two more people involved, it would add enough songs to the thread, to stretch it out a bit more, without having too many songs involved. One hundred and twenty eight songs is a bit much. Maybe we can do something like ten songs each, and then we can go back to ending it the way you did your thread. What do you think?

Wellll ..... I agree 16 noms each would be too many, especially with the tourney theme. Ten or 12 each sounds ok to me - but that's just my personal opinion and I'd roll with whatever the consensus was. Ten each would give 80 songs in total, exactly the same number as were in the Covered tourney; 12 each would give 96 in total which you could run all the way down to a 'final three' if you wanted to go that route.

It's your tourney so up to you - I'm pretty much ok with whatever is decided. Only thing I will mention I'm not really that keen on is that nominations can be changed once the tournament has started - I just feel they should all be put forward in advance to the first set being put up. Again that's just my personal opinion though and not something that would stop me entering a tourney.

Wellll ..... I agree 16 noms each would be too many, especially with the tourney theme. Ten or 12 each sounds ok to me - but that's just my personal opinion and I'd roll with whatever the consensus was. Ten each would give 80 songs in total, exactly the same number as were in the Covered tourney; 12 each would give 96 in total which you could run all the way down to a 'final three' if you wanted to go that route.
OK, we shall see what the rest think.

It's your tourney so up to you - I'm pretty much ok with whatever is decided. Only thing I will mention I'm not really that keen on is that nominations can be changed once the tournament has started - I just feel they should all be put forward in advance to the first set being put up. Again that's just my personal opinion though and not something that would stop me entering a tourney.
Oh my word, how funny. I was sitting here scratching my head, wondering what the hell you were talking about. I almost asked, but then I decided to go on back and reread my post. I was sure you just read it wrong. Ummm, NO . . . I did a boo boo! Thanks for saying something, and WOW! No way will I do that. I meant to say that they can be changed all the way up until the start. The start of the game. Not the end. Ooopppsss!!!

I'm kind of doom if they are 16 , I might get 11 I like but then the other 5 would just be to fill. I don't have such a wide collection of music but if people is interested then I might be able to look and find some