I'm just not in the mood for movies right now

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm definitely going through a dry spell for movie watching for the past...well, all year, really. Part of it is that I can't really get out to the cinema to keep up with the latest releases these days but that's no excuse for not watching dvds. It's just that I have a few interests and I tend to get slightly obsessive about one or two at a time, and do those things all the time, and right now it isn't movies. Movies are pretty much fifth after reading books, reading and writing fanfiction, going to gigs and generally mooching about and chatting online. And that's not even including work, spending time with my family and decorating my house. Television is so far down the scale I don't even have a tv at the moment.

I definitely understand what people have been saying about it seeming like a lot of time and effort. But like Sedai, that feeling usually vanishes when the movie actually starts. So, basically, I should stop mooching about on here and go put a film on... then I'd actually have something to talk about...

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
That happens to me, i don't think there's anyway to 'cure' it or any movie to bring you out of it, usually it just goes away if you wait it out. At least for me it does, there'll be weeks where i just don't want to watch movies even though i own about a dozen that i haven't seen and sometimes it's not even because i'm busy it's because i just don't want to watch a movie...but then after awhile the pendulum swings the other way and i have movie marathons and what not. But that's just me, the feeling always goes away eventually

You ready? You look ready.
So long as you're not neglecting attention to the opposite sex...I'd say you're fine.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
We had Short Cuts on the table all week, which clocks in at about 3+ hours. So we sort of blew it off for a few days trying to fit it in during the evening. Last night was the night!

Thanks for the great response folks...

I'm going to slap in Forrest Gump this Sunday afternoon; that's one film I never get tired of
Call me corny but I love Silvestri's theme for that movie.

. . . kick back, put on the Miles Davis and read.
You must be good at multi-tasking. To get the most enjoyment, I can either focus on reading or I can focus on listening to jazz. Good jazz can't be just background music.

Bitches Brew and Kafka work nicely together.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You must be good at multi-tasking. To get the most enjoyment, I can either focus on reading or I can focus on listening to jazz. Good jazz can't be just background music.
I was listening to Kind of Blue when I wrote that so I had it running through my mind at the time.

But of course, you are correct ...

Banned from Hollywood.
Bitches Brew and Kafka work nicely together.

Bitches brew actually works better with Naked Lunch For me...a little good jazz works good with Camus books as well.

I'm definitely going through a dry spell for movie watching for the past...well, all year, really.
Hello.
It seems like n extended period of time.
When you get back into it, you will have plenty to keep you happy.
It's just that I have a few interests and I tend to get slightly obsessive about one or two at a time, and do those things all the time, and right now it isn't movies. Movies are pretty much fifth after reading books, reading and writing fanfiction, going to gigs and generally mooching about and chatting online.
It sounds like you have diversified interests.
Hobbies etc.
I think you are doing what you are interested in doing with your free time.
No harm in that.

Have the 3 dvd subscription to netflix and I really haven't picked a bunch of movies. Letting my son pick movies he wants to see. Just can't figure out what I feel like watching right now.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
I have it a lot, I just can't get myself to watch a movie, instead, I always end up watching Friends I just can't concentrate for long since I have ADHD + I am Trying to quit smoking.

Cheers
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I didn't think this was possible, but I was lucky enough to get all five days this week off from school. In the last four days I've seen 5 repeat movies and 4 new ones. I think I just need a little break.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
You may not believe this but I may go for a week without watching a movie. Between work, home, the Dodgers and the Lakers (for now), I have to hold up, especially since Sarah wants to watch every movie I watch. Now that she's graduating, she'll probably have more free time.

Wow, Tarkovsky's Solaris is about the last film I'd tell somebody to watch to get back into movies. And yes, I watched it three times in less than a week.
Yes teaching can suck that way. I get too busy with work as well. And I agree Solaris is not a movie to watch when you're in that mood. Try something more like North by Northwest or Commando.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201