70's Espionage Flick?

Tools    

Hello there.

I remember seeing a film years ago involving a group of criminals or spies who double crossed and subsequently killed each other. It was very 70's in terms of the fashion and was possibly set in New York.

WARNING: "ending" spoilers below
The film ended with the chief bad guy (a bald man in a suit) reading or listening to a message from his nemesis telling him he'd been poisoned (or possibly gassed). The final shot was of the bald man's car door being opened and him flopping out dead

I remember thinking at the time how elaborate and clever the series of murders were, and would love to know what it's called. Any ideas on this one?

Sounds good, I hope someone can figure this out.

Hmmm...it seems my description hasn't jogged anybody's memory (was kinda' hoping Mark, Holden or Loner might know this one).

My memory is vague, so I guess it could have been a TV movie or even an episode of a Television series. I'm pretty sure it was a film though, and I'm absolutely certain it was from the 70's.

Just to add...

WARNING: "plot/ending" spoilers below
The penultimate scene took place in a plush high rise apartment or office (again very 70's in terms of decor and technology) and involved the bald man's nemesis being killed. Somehow however, this man (and his organisation) had already undertaken measures to eliminate the bald man.

In the final car scene baldie is leaving the city for the airport and under the impression he's been victorious.

To quote an old thread of PW's...

Peas Hep.

OK, I doubt it is but I'll post it anyway just in case. Is it Death Rage aka Anger in His Eyes?

I'm guessing that if it was you'd remember it was Yul Brynner, but I know what tricks a memory can play.

No this was an American production set in America.

If memory serves me correctly the bald man in question had a long face, and was more of a Max Von Sydow type. Definitely not Yul Brynner, or Telly Savalas for that matter.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Hmmm...it seems my description hasn't jogged anybody's memory (was kinda' hoping Mark, Holden or Loner might know this one).
No this was an American production set in America.

If memory serves me correctly the bald man in question had a long face, and was more of a Max Von Sydow type. Definitely not Yul Brynner, or Telly Savalas for that matter.
Thanks for having faith in me UF, but the only thing I can think of is Three Days of the Condor.

It's more Max Von Sydow than a Max Von Sydow type.

Really disliked the film.