6. Best Director
7. Best Film Score
8. Best SFX
9. Best Screenplay/story
10.Worst movie

MINE:
1. Best Movie: AVATAR
2. Best Actor: GEORGE CLOONEY in Up in the Air
3. Best Actress: ZOE SALDANA in Avatar(nobody else in the category even compares)
4. Best Supp. Actor: CHRISTIPH WALTZ in Inglorious Basterds(hands down, no debate)
5. Best Supp. Actress: MO'NIQUE in precious (only since nobody else was good..)
6. Best Director: JAMES CAMERON for Avatar
7. Best Film Score: ABEL KORZENIOWSKI for The Single Man(although i did like Horner's Avatar score alot..)
8. Best SFX: AVATAR
9. Best Screenplay/story: UP IN THE AIR
10.Worst movie: So many bad ones, i can't even choose...ugh

I gather you rather enjoyed Avatar.

Yes i did. I gather you didn't list your best list!

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Best Picture- Avatar
Best Actor- George Clooney(Up in the Air)
Best Actress- Meryl Streep (Julie & Julia)
Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz (Inglorious Basterds)
Best Supporting Actress - Mo'Nique (Precious)
Best Director- Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker)
Best Film Score- Up
Best SFX-
Best Screenplay/story- Up in the Air
Worst movie- 12 Rounds, Fired Up, Halloween II...the list goes on

Here, I'll do the categories I am qualified to do:

WORST MOVIE: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

The best movie I have seen this year is Sin Nombre. Unfortunately, I don't get to the movies very often so I haven't seen very many this year.

i just look at them...great!

1. Best Picture Tetro

2. Best Actor Kevin Spacey, Shrink

3. Best Actress Charlotte Gainsbourg, Antichrist

4. Best Supporting Actor Alden Ehrenreich, Tetro

5. Best Supporting Actress Mo'Nique, Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire

6. Best Director Francis Ford Coppola, Tetro

7. Best Film Score Tetro

8. Best SFX District 9

9. Best Screenplay/story Tetro

10.Worst movie Avatar

See the trailer here:

Welcome to the human race...
Ouch, Avatar was really the worst movie of the year? I take it you didn't watch Transformers 2 or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm struggling to answer half these questions.

No, I didn't watch anything like that.

I chose Avatar as worst movie of the year partially just to make a point. I think it's an indicator of most of the things wrong with cinema, and a frightening example of what modern audiences want. I think it's potentially detrimental to the role of things like narrative and quality writing in film, which I hold in a place of high importance.

Welcome to the human race...
You do have a point there. I still maintain that there were more detrimental examples to narrative and quality writing coming out this year than Avatar.

Agreed. And since when is there something wrong with cinema? Aren't there more movies now than ever before? Just because there are plenty of movies that come out that aren't as good as The Godfather doesn't mean it can't be extremely entertaining on other levels.

I chose Avatar as worst movie of the year partially just to make a point. I think it's an indicator of most of the things wrong with cinema, and a frightening example of what modern audiences want.
I can't vouch for the film as I haven't seen it, but it is a bit frightening that people still want to see this body:

Thirty years later!

Sorry, Siggy. Love you and your clothes.

Agreed. And since when is there something wrong with cinema? Aren't there more movies now than ever before? Just because there are plenty of movies that come out that aren't as good as The Godfather doesn't mean it can't be extremely entertaining on other levels.
As I do agree with you that movies today can be entertaining in other ways than movies have before, and with special effects now, movies are a lot different. But I don't think that is a reason to lower the standards of what a movie fan wants. I don't want to settle for less just because it is "entertaining", I still want the qualities that made earlier films great.

I'm going to put the movies today on the same scale as all the other ones, I am not going to give any of them any sort of a "pass".