The Boys

Tools    

Did anyone notice that these "supers" seem kinda evil?

First Terror, now Love Sausage. 2 major things I wanted to see back to back
I can't see Herogasm being next week, that would have me questioning reality

Just finished watching season 1. Loved it. Had a few issues with the way they handled the Compound V thing - you know, they could have been a bit more discreet. It's like, loads of people already know about it (guards, parents, etc) and yet it's a secret.

Apart from that, everything else was good. Especially the dark humour. Loved it.

On a side note, I was confused to see Simon Peg in a small, rather insignificant role, until I discovered that Hugie from the comics looks like him. So, basically that's just smart casting.

I'm about to start season 2. LOVE the GNs, and liked season 1 (was disappointed there was no Terror, though). Bingewatched season 1 last night instead of just watching the recap.

Hope they can somehow rope Urban in to another season or two. he's such a proper c*nt! Really enjoyed this. So who's the terror? Is that the head exploder lady?

Hope they can somehow rope Urban in to another season or two. he's such a proper c*nt! Really enjoyed this. So who's the terror? Is that the head exploder lady?

Billy Butcher's dog, seen more in the comics. I'd given up hope on him being in the series at all.

Edit: apparently he appeared briefly in season 1. I can't believe I don't remember.

From what I can tell, this is already wildly different than the comics, yeah? I was reading some summaries and it seems pretty distinct, to the point where I wonder if reading the comics would even spoil much.

From what I can tell, this is already wildly different than the comics, yeah? I was reading some summaries and it seems pretty distinct, to the point where I wonder if reading the comics would even spoil much.
Yeah, one youtuber I watched was saying that where season 2 ended is sort of where the comics begin. Not sure how true that is. Doubt I'll ever read it.

Billy Butcher's dog, seen more in the comics. I'd given up hope on him being in the series at all.

Edit: apparently he appeared briefly in season 1. I can't believe I don't remember.

I'm pretty sure he didn't appear, he was in the trailers when they're flipping off the tv, I think there was a hint or name drop but no appearance

I'm pretty sure he didn't appear, he was in the trailers when they're flipping off the tv, I think there was a hint or name drop but no appearance

Apparently there's a flashback scene that shows him in s01.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201102_235215.png
Views:	67
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	68664  

Oh yeah, I think it's in a becca in bed flashback, dang

Yeah, I blinked and missed it.

Apparently the reason Terror doesn't feature so much is because it's hard to do green screen stuff with animals, especially since Terror was pretty much always with Butcher.

I finished watching season 2. They gave the other characters a lot more to do here than just the main ones. I bet Cindy has a bigger role to play in the next seasons, and is maybe related to 'you know who'. I haven't read the comics so I don't know.

Overall just good fun to watch from start to end. Looking forward to season three.

And yes, Terror was a star.

PS: Was anyone else amused by Shawn Ashmore playing Lamplighter, considering who he was in X-Men?