Body Building/Body Sculpting!

Tools    

My weight loss went really went fast this week. Much more than expected... yesterday all i ate was a bowl of soup and a frozen burrito.
I felt a little weak this morning so I should probably eat more. Today i ate a bowl of soup and a hot pocket

I'm at 220lbs now so that means I'm down 20lbs and have 60 to go.
I'm a quarter of the way there!! Not in terms of effort though, because the last 20 will be as hard as the first 60.

PoP
Last time I checked, I had lost four pounds. Seems the constant walks are paying off.
Way to go!

Now that my mustache is gone I feel really optimistic about getting into shape!
Once I have my cheekbones and hair back I'm going to be so damn good looking, I think I'm at risk of becoming a narcissist.

It's all relative, I used to always think I was too fat even when I was 6'3" 170 lbs.
I've been fat and mustached forever, even 200 lbs would feel skinny to me now.

I forgot what it was like to feel attractive
Not that i feel that way now, but I look in the mirror and I can remember lol.
My weight loss went really went fast this week. Much more than expected... yesterday all i ate was a bowl of soup and a frozen burrito.
I felt a little weak this morning so I should probably eat more. Today i ate a bowl of soup and a hot pocket

I'm at 220lbs now so that means I'm down 20lbs and have 60 to go.
I'm a quarter of the way there!! Not in terms of effort though, because the last 20 will be as hard as the first 60.
Keep up the great work, Foster. I promised myself this year, for fixing my spine as much as possible. So far, the pool has been too cold to get in, during my tiny stay back at home. Now, since her knee has been dislocated once again, I've been back over here. So far this year, I've pretty much been away from home. No pool, and no Teeter. I will be going home in roughly a week and a half, if the infection is out of her body. Then, she will go in the hospital for roughly one week, for a total knee replacement. She had her first knee replacement, over 20 years ago, but that knee is very outdated, and that's why it keeps jerking out of place. This new knee will not be able to do that. After her week or so in the hospital, unless they put her in rehab, which I seriously doubt will happen, I will be coming back over here for the final recovery. That may very well take two more months. I may miss the bulk of my pool time. I want to help, but this is going to break my heart.

Could anyone make me a meal plan, I'd be glad to pay.

BANNED
Could anyone make me a meal plan, I'd be glad to pay.
Morning – Porridge & fruit
Mid- Morning - Protein shake
Lunch – wrap (skinless chicken/fish/tuna and salad) Orange/Pear/Banana?
Mid – Afternoon snack – biscuits (wholemeal with almonds)
Tea/Dinner – Grilled fish/lean meat/lentils and baked potatoes-pumpkin-squash-peas-carrots

BANNED
Morning – Omelette (spinach, mushrooms, spring onions)
Mid – morning – Protein shake
Lunch – Broccoli and Leek soup or tomato, pumpkin, vegetable
Mid – Afternoon – power crunch bars
Tea/Dinner - Fettuccine Alfredo

BANNED
I'm not sure if Struuk was kidding around with meal plan, so I will do a link -

http://www.coachmag.co.uk/nutrition/...eeks-meal-plan

K then!

So anyways, I'm back home. That situation went downhill very fast, and she is back in the hospital. She probably won't see her home again until late August or September. I was going to bail on her anyways, because this situation was seriously starting to muck up my year and life. I just couldn't live there anymore, not taking care of my own life, home, and physical problems. It was all going downhill rather fast for me.

Now it's time to get serious. All my equipment is still set up, and now the pool is nice and warm. I'm not leaving again.

Knock on wood!

This truly works. The last person I knew that was on it, lost a good 45 lbs, in just a few months.

Intuitive Eating

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Intuitive eating is a nutrition philosophy based on the premise that becoming more attuned to the body's natural hunger signals is a more effective way to attain a healthy weight, rather than keeping track of the amounts of energy and fats in foods. It's a process that is intended to create a healthy relationship with food, mind and body, making it a popular treatment for disordered eating and eating disorders[citation needed]. Intuitive eating, just like many other dieting philosophies, goes by many names, including non-dieting or the non-diet approach, normal eating, wisdom eating, conscious eating and more

Unregistered User
Back in the gym yesterday after 1 year out. I'm more or less back to where I started but it'll be fun to see how I get on. It'll not be as full on as last time but I'm gonna try and keep a wee record of what I'm at on here.

You ready? You look ready.
It's been awhile since I've been in the gym, but you wouldn't be able to guess it by just looking at me. I honestly think I look better now than I did when I was lifting heavy in college.

As long as I can still see my six pack I feel OK about letting my workouts slide.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Back in the gym yesterday after 1 year out. I'm more or less back to where I started but it'll be fun to see how I get on. It'll not be as full on as last time but I'm gonna try and keep a wee record of what I'm at on here.
I'm so sorry for my delay here. That family member of mine, finally got to go home this past holiday weekend, and I had to kill myself first, cleaning her home, and stocking it up with supplies.

It's been awhile since I've been in the gym, but you wouldn't be able to guess it by just looking at me. I honestly think I look better now than I did when I was lifting heavy in college.

As long as I can still see my six pack I feel OK about letting my workouts slide.
Show off! Samoan, I say we hunt him down, and beat him.

Arm day yesterday so just standard exercises, tricep pulldown with rope along with bicep and forearm on dumbells. Tried chin-ups and I'm way off the mark with these at the minute.
OK, yesterday was to begin my latest workout program, but I had to deal with all that crap I mentioned up above. I am starting in a few minutes, and I will report back here late this evening.

Two months later . . .

Getting pissed off at life, sure does help. When I finally started back, after all that time down with my health, I couldn't curl more than 15 lbs. per arm. It was pitiful. I used to curl 35 lbs. per arm, waaaay back in the day. Well, I'm back to 25 lbs. per arm, and my goal is to beat my old record of 35 lbs. I'd like to progress all the way to 40 lbs. per arm. Ouch!

Way back when, I would just curl the hell out of a weight, but these days I'm following the 8 to 12 rule. If you can't curl it 8 times, it's too heavy, but if you can curl it more than 12 times, it's too light.

Unregistered User
Two months later . . .

Getting pissed off at life, sure does help. When I finally started back, after all that time down with my health, I couldn't curl more than 15 lbs. per arm. It was pitiful. I used to curl 35 lbs. per arm, waaaay back in the day. Well, I'm back to 25 lbs. per arm, and my goal is to beat my old record of 35 lbs. I'd like to progress all the way to 40 lbs. per arm. Ouch!

Way back when, I would just curl the hell out of a weight, but these days I'm following the 8 to 12 rule. If you can't curl it 8 times, it's too heavy, but if you can curl it more than 12 times, it's too light.

I wouldn't let that bother me Destiny. It can be enjoyable starting over again. I took a year out and was basically starting from scratch and although its so easy to be inpatient, just learn to enjoy the progress again. It'll give you something to aim for as well.

What type of curls you doing?

I wouldn't let that bother me Destiny. It can be enjoyable starting over again. I took a year out and was basically starting from scratch and although its so easy to be inpatient, just learn to enjoy the progress again. It'll give you something to aim for as well.

What type of curls you doing?
I've never done this before in my life . . . ever! I was always so obsessed with my strength, that I never allowed myself to weaken. Not to this pathetic level. It's only now because of my spine, and the lame medical help around, that this has happened to me. It wasn't by choice or laziness. It was mainly due to pain, etc . . . I'm all for choice and laziness. It's fun being lazy. This is just frustrating.

My all time favorite curls, are the basic bicep curls. I should do a lot more variety, but I normally always seem to get hooked on those. What I need to get in the habit of doing, are those concentration curls. Those things are freakin' hard, man. Mike Chang's are 4 minutes and 40 seconds into this video . . .

p.s. My arms are sooooo freakin' sore today.

Unregistered User
Yeah concentration curls are a killer. What I find hurts most are sitting bicep curls. Make sure full extension and take about 5 seconds on the way down, works a treat. Add it into a superset with overhead triceps' extension and tricep pulldown!

Yeah concentration curls are a killer. What I find hurts most are sitting bicep curls. Make sure full extension and take about 5 seconds on the way down, works a treat. Add it into a superset with overhead triceps' extension and tricep pulldown!
When I finish listening to these songs, and placing my votes, I will give this a go. It sounds painful. I can't wait.

DoubleDenim mentioned this in the shoutbox, sometime back. I've looked into it, but I seem to prefer my old schedule. I've done this exact workout the bulk of my life, so I suppose I'll stick to it.

Anyways, I finally got rid of my old weight set, just last night. I discussed this in here, way back when, but this is the year for being able to spend extra money. I had those old concrete weights, with the grey plastic covering. I hated those weights. These babies rock . . .

I started with the 40lb dumbbell set . . .

I'll buy more later.

OK, my schedule this year is . . .

Five to ten miles a day, of walking to jogging. (This depends on my busy days.)
One hour each day of weight training.
One hour each day of aerobics.

I take Sundays off!

This just started on the first of February. I had to get everything in my life settled down in January. I hated waiting, but now everything will work out just fine.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Where are you Destiny? Only just saw this thread. I got into weights to prepare for my last mountaineering expedition. It is highly addictive. Ended up with a split routine so twice a day 6 days a week. My rest day was a 20km run and a cheat meal. Never been so fit in my life. I miss that intensity but sadly those days are over for me