Fear and Loathing in MoFo... The Gunslinger45's Top 50 Favorite Films.

→ in
Tools    

Big +rep for The King of Comedy. I love Double Indemnity too. You should have joined our noir HoF earlier this year. I can't speak for Frozen, because I've not seen it, but when my daughter gets older I'm sure it'll be one for her to watch. (It'll be real fun when she's old enough to take to the cinema to see 2001. )

45. Casablanca (1942) (NR) USA
Romance
Curtiz
Hollywood Golden Age

I am not one who is big on the romance genre, but I do love the Golden Age of Hollywood, and I think Humphrey Bogart is one of the greatest actors who ever lived. Paired with Ingrid Bergman and yeah you get an excellent movie. Bogie hits the ball out of the park with his hard boiled cynic with a heart of gold in Rick Blaine, who must choose between his heart and doing what is ultimately right. It is not only a magnificently executed romance, but a timeless movie that deserves all the praise it gets. Here’s looking at you kid.

Another big rep for Casablanca, that film is richer than double churned premium ice cream. But you know what? I didn't like it the first time I seen it as I wasn't into old films...but on the second viewing I was amazed, it's so much more than a simply story.

Woody Allen is a pedophille

45. Casablanca (1942) (NR) USA
Romance
Curtiz
Hollywood Golden Age

I am not one who is big on the romance genre, but I do love the Golden Age of Hollywood, and I think Humphrey Bogart is one of the greatest actors who ever lived. Paired with Ingrid Bergman and yeah you get an excellent movie. Bogie hits the ball out of the park with his hard boiled cynic with a heart of gold in Rick Blaine, who must choose between his heart and doing what is ultimately right. It is not only a magnificently executed romance, but a timeless movie that deserves all the praise it gets. Here’s looking at you kid.

If anybody is up to watch Casablanca, pay close attention to Bogart when he gets off the train. It's a long camera shot, so you have to look close at his facial expression. It's brief and understated, but it's brilliant. I don't know if it's the director or Bogie who decided on that.

Great start Guns I love them all so far except Frozen which I found just OK. Big for The Exorcist, I never knew you were a big fan.
I have stated on several occasions it was the scariest movie I ever saw. I am a big fan.

44. The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) (R) USA
Comedy
Wes Anderson
Theater (Original Release)

Wes is one of the more recent filmmakers I have come to enjoy. And while my introduction to him was cold, it was this film where I warmed up to his filmmaking style. Meticulous set design and camera movement, his trademark quirky sense of humor, various regular cast members, and Ralph Fiennes playing one of my favorite characters in M. Gustov. Not to mention that this film is pretty damn funny, due in large part to Ralph Fiennes and his co-lead Tony Revolori. And even if you may not be fond of Anderson’s personal style of humor (it took me a while to warm up to it), the film is still visually incredibly watchable. One of the best films in recent memory.