New Star Wars Worth It?

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by jrs
Yep...I checked Wal-Mart and they were there. Star Wars has a mini-marvel comic#1 , Empire has has a mini version of the large paperback mag they released for the film and Revenge of the Jedi one has the mini copy of the mag they put out for the film. (Luckilly I have the full sized vesions all 3. )
There is one copy of SW #1 with the wrong price on it, and it's worth like alot of money. Man, I wish I owned that one.
I'm totally happy with my Empire Strikes Back comic now. I've decided I won't be buying the other two.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Are the original Star Wars the ones were Jabba the Hut is just a man?
I can't remember seeing the footage on any of the DVD releases, but I know that the Special Edition VHS version of A New Hope from '97 had a short featurette on some of the changes that were made for that new version, and they showed the original footage of the guy as Jabba walking with Solo, followed by the footage with the new CGI Jabba.

Originally Posted by Don Fishies
I can't remember seeing the footage on any of the DVD releases, but I know that the Special Edition VHS version of A New Hope from '97 had a short featurette on some of the changes that were made for that new version, and they showed the original footage of the guy as Jabba walking with Solo, followed by the footage with the new CGI Jabba.
I stand corrected.

Originally Posted by John McClane
I stand corrected.
It's not a large amount of footage, just a small bit showing off the difference in technology. I don't even think you really get to hear Harrison Ford and the guy in the furry coat playing Jabba really talk.

It's not a large amount of footage, just a small bit showing off the difference in technology. I don't even think you really get to hear Harrison Ford and the guy in the furry coat playing Jabba really talk.
All I've ever seen of the scene was a photo in a magazine bashing the new edited versions.

Originally Posted by John McClane
All I've ever seen of the scene was a photo in a magazine bashing the new edited versions.
Ah well like I said, it was the, or at least some of the, actual footage.

I'm sure it's on the Internet somewhere...

Ah well like I said, it was the, or at least some of the, actual footage.

I'm sure it's on the Internet somewhere...
Maybe. Who knows? Anybody?! Does ANYBODY know?!