Movies You Want To See On DVD, Or A Better Edition.

Tools    

Originally Posted by Don Fishies
None that I know of that aren't on DVD, but as for a "better edition"...

- True Lies (Cameron, 1994)
I'd like that too. I found out that the R2 Germany and Japan dvds have a 23 and 25 minutes featurette but so far the R1 still has zippo for special features. It's been over 10 years and would be nice to finally see a nice double disc edition come out.

Face/off

only thing thats on dvd is the trailer there has gotta be more than that

rolling thunder

The Thing and Army of Darkness could both use super special edition dvd's. I'd buy em. Also a Man with No name trilogy box set would be nice. One with lots of extras anyhow.

Originally Posted by Jawa_
The Thing and Army of Darkness could both use super special edition dvd's. I'd buy em. Also a Man with No name trilogy box set would be nice. One with lots of extras anyhow.
The Thing and Army of Darkness both already have fully-loaded special editions. What more do you reckon could be done with them?

As for the Leone flicks, there already is a terrific GB&U two-disc edition, and new SEs of the first two movies are coming. They're already available in R2, but rights issues had held them up for a while in the U.S. They are coming though, and I'm sure at some point all three of those discs will be packaged together.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Welcome to the human race...
I can think of plenty. Living in an R4 zone, you tend to get seriously bad DVD transfers for the most part.

Although I reckon all Kubrick's DVDs should get a 2-disc special edition. They did it for Dr. Strangelove.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I want to see Nola, Genius or mabye Happy Now....but i don't know where to find them on dvd....anyone?

Straight Time needs a DVD release.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
...Army of Darkness both already have fully-loaded special editions. What more do you reckon could be done with them?
Perhaps a better transfer for the Director's Cut? I know one exists...it's in Region 4. How about a port over for Region 1?

Every dvd transfer I've seen of Wong Kar-Wai's Ashes of Time has been unbelievably awful, which sucks, because it is precisely the sort of amazingly beautiful film that dvd was made for.

hehe i want all the Kevin Smith movies involving the same charecters (Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, Chasing Amy, Jersey Girl, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Clerks II [When it comes out] to come out in a super box set...it cus be called the ultimate Kevin Smith bob set or sumthin like that

Lets see

12 Angry Men - Criterion if necessary
David Finchers The Game for the love of god The Game
A Fistfull of Dollars/For a Few Dollars More
Ghostbusters II - Just so I won't have to buy the recently released two pack and get Ghostbusters again.
Full Metal Jacket

That's all I can think of right now

i would like to see endless love get on dvd

G.I. Jane

Its on DVD, but its just the movie and the trailer. Its one of my all time favourite movies (I watch it like once a month) but it needs to be released in a special collectors edition or something. With tons of bonus features and a few commentaries (hopefully by Demi and Viggo). I will totally buy it.

Still hoping for an R1 widescreen release of the shadow. I know this isn`t a popular one with all, but I`d still like to see it get the widescreen treatment for this neck of the world .

Lots of the movies from my list have been either released or announced in the past few months (The Great McGinty, Hail the Conquering Hero, Odd Man Out, The Fallen Idol, The Conformist, 1900, The Yakuza, Reds, They All Laughed).

Yippee!