The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

Even I can't imagine him having that much of an impact on the list beyond the obvious locks of Halloween and The Thing.
Christine's quality enough to threaten (eligible), even though it's more a pure valuable film, as I see it, rather than a formidable representation of the Horror genre.

Meet the EIGHT members who have submitted their ballots so far.

Citizen Rules
The Rodent
ahwell
Jase
John-Connor
ScarletLion
Hey Fredrick
Steve Freeling

The Bad News Is You Have Houseguests. There Is No Good News.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Polterg.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	51649  

Some horror comedies worth checking out:

Motel Hell (1980)

An offbeat, kooky horror-comedy that mixes together plot elements from several 60's/70's horror gems (with Pyscho and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre being the most notable sources of inspiration). Rory Calhoun delivers a great performance, making for one of the most likeable horror villains in existence. "It takes all kinds of critters . . . to make Farmer Vincent's fritters!" There's some unforgettable, sadistic imagery: a garden of human heads, pig-headed chainsaw fights; but the most frightening aspect is the thought of . . . gasp! . . . preservatives. One of my favorite horror-comedies.

Idle Hands (1999)

This was one of my favorite movies during my early teens. Re-visited it a couple years ago and thought it held up pretty well. A supernatural stoner comedy with that laidback hangout vibe I dig. So 90's that the lead singer of The Offspring gets scalped. Dumb but entertaining. Fun practical effects. Also features Jessica Alba at her sexiest.

TerrorVision (1986)

Mocking everything 80's --- consumerism culture, aerobics, swingers, hairstyles, bright wardrobes (one character is essentially a Cyndi Lauper clone), the music, MTV --- which is impressive since the film was released in the middle of the decade without the benefit of hindsight. The OTT performances, the gooey practical effects, the kinky interior design . . . everything about this movie screams excess. Some call this a terrible movie, but I think it succeeds in everything it set out to accomplish. A great late-night-with-friends type of flick.

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (2010)

A clever spoof of hillbilly horror. Don't judge a redneck by his overalls and chainsaw. Every death is hilarious. And there's a surprising amount of heart as well.

Frankenhooker (1990)

That age-old tale of the boyfriend who accidentally kills his girlfriend with a remote-controlled lawnmower and then decides to rebuild her using body parts from exploded prostitutes while occasionally drilling into his own brain to numb his guilty conscience. We've all been there at some point, right, fellas?! Former Penthouse model Patty Mullen displays a knack for physical comedy as the titular character. I wish that Frankenhooker wasn't so light on splatter, but it's a very amusing, entertaining B-movie. If you're into undead purple nipples, make sure to have plenty of lotion and tissues nearby.

Excision (2012)

A psychosexual coming-of-age film with a tinge of satire. Imagine David Cronenberg-style body-horror instilled with the warped sense of humor of Todd Solondz (the director of Happiness and Welcome to the Dollhouse). Genuinely disturbing and shocking at times (the ending will leave jaws on the floor). The film boasts strong performances, sharp dialogue and striking imagery. This is a bloody, twisted, perverse, darkly humorous, unique film.

Excision (2012)

A psychosexual coming-of-age film with a tinge of satire. Imagine David Cronenberg-style body-horror instilled with the warped sense of humor of Todd Solondz (the director of Happiness and Welcome to the Dollhouse). Genuinely disturbing and shocking at times (the ending will leave jaws on the floor). The film boasts strong performances, sharp dialogue and striking imagery. This is a bloody, twisted, perverse, darkly humorous, unique film.

I'm not much into horror comedies but I'll need to check this one out. The gif is great and quick glancing of IMDb reviews looks somewhat promising. Also it's not tagged comedy so it stands a chance

I'm not much into horror comedies but I'll need to check this one out. The gif is great and quick glancing of IMDb reviews looks somewhat promising. Also it's not tagged comedy so it stands a chance
The humor in the film is so dark that many viewers probably don't even recognize it as humor. I think you'd like it. It shares some themes with other films you like.

Of those I am most intrigued by TerrorVision and Frankenhooker, @Captain Spaulding
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil is the one I have seen, reminded me of an Evil Dead flick.

Anything Horror-Movie That Interests You, Post About It.

We Now Enter Our Final Month Of The Submission Time. The Horror Hall of Fame II will wrap up soon, whenever Pussy Galore submits a ballot. I've got a post in mind I'll throw up later today.

Attachments

Name:	Craft.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	51777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash Army.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	51778   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dream Master.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	51779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fright Night 2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	51780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frankenstein1931.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	51781  

Still rewtatching a lot of stuff to be sure their spots are deserved. I'm going to be a last-minute type.
Same here. I still have several big ones I need to rewatch. Then I need to make a decision whether or not I want to include few films on horror list.

Everybody who wants and have the time, can you please PM me 5-10 films of what you think is absolute must watches for this list?

It doesn’t matter if I’ve seen a few. I’d rather have a list of greats than a guilty pleasure personal little B-flick.

Still rewtatching a lot of stuff to be sure their spots are deserved. I'm going to be a last-minute type.
Definitely at first thought that said retwatching - I was like RAWRMEOW LOOK OUT

Everybody who wants and have the time, can you please PM me 5-10 films of what you think is absolute must watches for this list?

It doesn’t matter if I’ve seen a few. I’d rather have a list of greats than a guilty pleasure personal little B-flick.
Sent.

Motel Hell (1980)

An offbeat, kooky horror-comedy that mixes together plot elements from several 60's/70's horror gems (with Pyscho and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre being the most notable sources of inspiration). Rory Calhoun delivers a great performance, making for one of the most likeable horror villains in existence. "It takes all kinds of critters . . . to make Farmer Vincent's fritters!" There's some unforgettable, sadistic imagery: a garden of human heads, pig-headed chainsaw fights; but the most frightening aspect is the thought of . . . gasp! . . . preservatives. One of my favorite horror-comedies.

Completely agree, this movie is an absolute blast. The first time I saw this I laughed so hard at the hypocrite line at the end. Now when I watch it I know the line is coming and it still cracks me up...every time. The delivery is perfect.

Of those I am most intrigued by TerrorVision and Frankenhooker, @Captain Spaulding
Think you'd have fun with both. TerrorVision even comes with its own Elvira knock-off, a busty late-night horror host named Medusa:

movies can be okay...
I will second Motel Hell, Excision, and Frankenhooker
I will third Frankenhooker.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Let the night air cool you off
I love both Tucker & Dale and Excision. Are either top 25 material? I don't think so, but I might still pull the trigger on T&D for a low vote. It's nice to see Excision getting some love, it should be more well known.

My viewings so far since the List submission time started:

Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)
Link To Write-Up
Hellraiser (1987)
+
Night Of The Demons 2 (1994)
+ Link To Write-Up
Graduation Day (1981)
Link To Write-Up

Fright Night (1985)

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)
+
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

Hell Night (1980)

The Howling (1981)

The Evil Dead (1981)
+ Link To Write-Up
The Vampire Lovers (1970)
Link To Write-Up

Twins Of Evil (1971)
+ Link To Write-Up
Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
+ Link To Write-Up
Night Of The Demons (1988)

And 9 Movies From The Horror Hall Of Fame II

Night Of The Demons Theme

Attachments

Name:	GraduationDay.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	51904   Click image for larger version

Name:	FreddysRevenge.jpg
Views:	32