New DVDs

Tools    

Definitely sounds like it could be a good movie, in an odd Men-In-Black sort of way. Ahhhh "Them!", that's right. Thanks for correcting me there. Havn't seen it: just read about it in a book.

The book was "Monsters From the Id" - ever hear of it?

I've heard a little about that book. It appears to be too highbrow for me.

- at least you can admit it! It's not that rough - I've read about one chapter, and I find it quite interesting. If I were you I would definitely take the time to read it...it's interesting to go back and watch movies again, taking note of all the instances of implied sexuality and such.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I just bought Final Destination on DVD for another $8. The DVD has a fair amount of extra features, including an alternate ending.

It's a pretty lame alternate ending. I first saw it when I rented the DVD a month ago, but now I went out and bought it. So if this is spoiling anything for you, turn away now.

===Alternate Ending===
When Devon Sawa grabs the wire off of the car, he dies. He catches on fire and you watch him burn to death. Well there was a scene that they cut from the movie thats in the DVD where Sawa and Larter get-it-on on the beach (you don't actually see anything, but its implied.) Well she gets pregnant and has their baby, and then theres a scene where shes at the grave with the other remaining guy, can't think of his name, and they have a conversation about death. It's a very bad ending and they made the right choice to change it to the ending in Paris. Although the DVD does have a segment where they show their screen tests on people, and some people liked the other ending better, but more people did like the Paris ending alot better. As did I.
[Edited by OG- on 11-07-2000]

Ok do you remember the scene where hes on the beach, and she finds him and talks to him? We'll they had sex on the beach, and she became pregant. Theres a scene on the DVD where you see her taking pregnancy test, which turns out positive. Well he dies, but she lives because he pulled the wire off of the car. It says 9 months later on the bottom, and you see her in the hospital giving birth to their child. The "their" being Devon Sawa's character, and Ali Larter's character. Following the birth scene, you see her in a park with the remaining jock guy, Carter, and they have a conversation about how death is and such. It's pretty stupid and doesn't fit the movie like the Paris ending did.

I just got done watching the commentary on Final Destination. The commentary itself makes this DVD worth buying. Its awesome. It explains everything in the movie, and points out a ton of stuff that you never noticed before. The first 3 times I watched this movie I never noticed the pictures behind everyone in the airport. Those pictures all had pictures of how everyone was going to die in the movie. I love that kind of stuff that you never notice the first time, and the commentary points out all that stuff.

Didn't see it.
I got some new DVDs
  • Clueless
  • The Conversation
  • Dick
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous
  • Edward Scissorhands
  • The Game
  • G.I. Jane
  • Godzilla
  • Groundhog Day
  • Hunt for the Red October
  • Lost Horizon
  • The Man Who Knew Too Little
  • My Fellow Americans
  • Mystery Men
  • The Net
  • North by Northwest
  • Peacemaker
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Silverado
  • Speed
  • Teaching Mrs. Tingle
  • Uncle Buck
  • What About Bob?

Wow, makes my purchases of Clerks and Charade today seem a little shabby by comparison.

Hey! I like Them.
It gave me an idea to make sunglasses that make the world look black and white with no colors at all. Why would you want sunglasses that do that? I don't know, but it might be neat.

Didn't see it.
I love Uncle Buck. We watched it tonight. I'm at the end of Speed right now. It's a nail-biter.

I went and bought two more DVDs yesterday. I got Blazing Saddles and Scary Movie.

The Blazing Saddles has a weird feature. They have an interview with Mel Brooks on there, and it plays over the movie, but it's not really a director's commentary as he's obviously not watching the movie and commenting on it, he's just making general comments about his experiences making the movie, etc. The weirder thing is that it's only 55 minutes long, so in the middle of Lilli Von Schtupp's "I'm Tired" routine, it goes from Mel Brooks talking to Lilli singing.

I'm glad the feature is one there (there was some interesting stuff that Mel talked about), but it was sort of an odd way to do it.

Yeah I've seen that too. It is kind of strange to do it that way, but whatever works I guess. Spaceballs is kind of the same way with a behind-the-scenes featurette that was done in a way that seems strange, but it is still funny and informative.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I joined a dvd club. Laurie knows which one. I don't want to advertise. Anyway, I picked Saving Ryan's.., Lol, sorry. Couldn't help it. Ahem, Saving Private Ryan, The Thing(Yes!) War of the Worlds and 12 Monkeys, Last week I bought Sleepy Hollow and Hollow Man came in the mail. I had preordered it.

I'm a happy camper!

I just ordered the Buffy The Vampire Slayer First Season set, and I ordered Wallace & Gromit's first three adventures DVD (but I'm a little concerned that said DVD won't reach me. Amazon.com says it's out of print, and the suckers sell on eBay for upwards of $55. It just seems unlikely that I could buy a new copy for $20. If it turns out the disc comes with no problems, I may start selling them myself on eBay.)

You'll enjoy it Sun. It's a good club with a huge selection.

Ryan - There are more Wallace and Gromit DVDs coming to the market in the next 6 weeks. Can't remember which ones right now, but I can find it for you if you need the info.

I need to get on Amazon.com and order the Carl Sagan Cosmos 7 DVD set. They finally put the entire series to DVD, but it's only available at carlsagan.com and Amazon. I don't care though. I've been waiting for this series for "billions and billions" of months...lol.

No need to go out of your way for me. I'm sure I'll see it when it's released if this current company doesn't come through for me.