Happy Birthday, GulfportDoc!

Tools    

Well thanks, folks! I have two fellow percussionists/drummer friends who have the same B.D. month/day as I do: a prior drummer for Jethro Tull (Barrie Barlow) and the principal percussionist with the San Francisco Opera (Rick Kvistad). Rick is a year older, so I get to needle him. Barrie is a few years younger, but he has the class not to needle me...

Cheers,
~Doc

Happy birthday Doc. I hope you're enjoying your day.

That is one good looking cake! I must admit though, I'd prefer that the numbers were reversed...

Thanks, HK!

~Doc

Happy Birthday Doc. You're only as old as you feel- and I hope you feel as young at heart as this dear girl. And that life treats you as kindly as she once treated you.

( 😀 Beverly at 8 )

Happy Birthday Doc. You're only as old as you feel- and I hope you feel as young at heart as this dear girl. And that life treats you as kindly as she once treated you.

( 😀 Beverly at 8 )
Wow! What a great find from 1937 or so. That was before Gone With the Wind! At first the girl appeared to be Shirley Temple, but by the time they showed her close-ups, one could see the obvious resemblance to the adult Beverly Sills-- especially the mouth and eyes. Even though there were some intonation problems, she was obviously a budding virtuoso.

You must have recalled that Beverly is my favorite soprano, and also remembered my story about talking with her. A very thoughtful B.D. gift, LL! Thanks a bunch!

~Doc