Children's Shows w/ "Be Yourself" Messages or Episodes

Tools    

A bucket of anxiety
For a new YouTube series, I want to talk about a time when shows for children talked about the importance of staying true to yourself regardless of what your peers think. I'm not looking for one show in particular, but I am looking for episodes of shows (and they do have to be children's shows) that had the "Be Yourself," message in it. These episodes, I recall, would almost always portray the main character differently than how they usually are in the series and would end in some kind unrealistic resolution, like a dance sequence. Any examples you could provide is appreciated.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Woah. I watched that clip straight for a full eleven minutes but when I checked it was only on 00:43.

=/
I've read your post like five times and don't what to make of it, but I've laughed every time I've read it.

A bucket of anxiety
Sort of. It sounds like the opening of Fraggle Rock. I was looking for examples of when a cartoon teaches children to think for themselves but the execution of its more or less says to purposefully be different. I have a distinct example in my head, where a shy, ginger girl was trying to fit in with the popular kids and after someone told her to just be herself, she came to school with blue hair and a plaid dress (which for as far as I knew was very unlike the girl), but she ended up getting loads of positive attention. Sadly I can't use this example because it's a very distant memory so I don't recall the name of the show. I've seen other cartoons do this but I can't remember them over the cartoons that taught the lesson correctly.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
To make sure I'm following, you're looking for specific plots where the kid was told to be yourself but instead do something kind of extreme relative to how that character normally acts. Like your example, she probably never would have dyed her hair for shyness yet she did. As if she's no longer shy. Correct?

I can't think of any off hand but shows that I'm sure had them include Different Strokes, Family Ties, Alf (maybe), Kazoo, Saved by the Bell, The Cosby Show, Care Bears, the GIJoe end of episode PSAs, Sesame Street, Pinwheel, and Lazy Town.

Maybe a show title will trigger more memories for you. About what year you think you saw this scene? Like 5 years ago? 20?

A bucket of anxiety
To make sure I'm following, you're looking for specific plots where the kid was told to be yourself but instead do something kind of extreme relative to how that character normally acts. Like your example, she probably never would have dyed her hair for shyness yet she did. As if she's no longer shy. Correct?

I can't think of any off hand but shows that I'm sure had them include Different Strokes, Family Ties, Alf (maybe), Kazoo, Saved by the Bell, The Cosby Show, Care Bears, the GIJoe end of episode PSAs, Sesame Street, Pinwheel, and Lazy Town.

Maybe a show title will trigger more memories for you. About what year you think you saw this scene? Like 5 years ago? 20?
I think I saw it when I was much younger. I might've been 10 or so

Woah. I watched that clip straight for a full eleven minutes but when I checked it was only on 00:43.

=/
LOL! Funniest comment of the week.

But (a bit more seriously)... seeing all the celebrities in that video; it was reminiscent of Michael Jackson's "We Are The World" assemblage - based on the ages of some of the notables in that clip, it looks like this may have come before We Are The World? (Maybe Michael saw this and it gave him the idea?)

A bucket of anxiety
LOL! Funniest comment of the week.

But (a bit more seriously)... seeing all the celebrities in that video; it was reminiscent of Michael Jackson's "We Are The World" assemblage - based on the ages of some of the notables in that clip, it looks like this may have come before We Are The World? (Maybe Michael saw this and it gave him the idea?)
I had the same thought along with it sounding like Fraggle Rock