MovieForums 2018: The Tournament

Tools    

Goodies vs Suspect

Getting tough as GBG is starting to come back strong and when she's active, I normally interact with her more. TUS has been consistently great and you need to be too to beat him.

HK vs Swan

If HK were in his posting prime, his credentials would be impossible to ignore.

Cricket vs Cosmic

I may have been here longer but I view her as a better member.

Raul vs Miss Vicky

Remarkably close in tenure, total posts, current activity, and with what they do for the site. I have been closer with MV.

Mark vs Nostro

Why oh why couldn't you rig a better match bud? We all know what Mark means to this place. On top of that, he's also one of my very best friends here.

Cat vs JJ

I put a premium on long term friendship, and it's almost unbelievable that I'd even think about voting for anyone who's been here a year and a half over JJ. Yet there I was struggling with my pick.

SC vs Spaulding

There's really only one way this match could go. There's something SC can learn from Captain though, and that's that you don't need to disappear from the site altogether. You can come in on your own terms when you feel like it, and still be one of the best.

Joel vs Camo

Joel obviously takes this by a mile, but screw that Camo!

I feel like a homeless bum around the forum now. A crazy old homeless bum that some people still love for some reason.
Just never go FULL BURN-OUT. You've honed your chops with gifs, imgs and genral whackiness..what would a comeback be? Wouldn't it have to be better ideas and more of them?

Think of all the sequels that surpassed the original film. There's an optional starting point. I'm going out for coffee. Gonna get the papers..get the papers..

Will keep voting window on The Sweet Sixteen open for another night. We may get a @Captain Spaulding, and @Joel as well.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Here at the behest of my mistress

gbgoodies vs TheUsualSuspect

honeykid vs Swan

cricket vs CosmicRunaway - love ya cricket but talked a lot with Cosmic over the last year or so and she's been a really good friend to me

rauldc14 vs Miss Vicky - Well only one of them has my balls in a vice right now so talk about your no-brainers!

mark f vs Nostromo87

cat_sidhe vs jiraffejustin - Don't feel I know either enough so genuinely flipped a coin

Sexy Celebrity vs Captain Spaulding - A real quantity v quality match-up; back to the coin again

Joel vs Camo

I've been following the thread without actively participating, but I feel like I'm missing out on the fun now, so I figure I should at least vote in these last few rounds. I should definitely be getting ready for work, but I don't know when the deadline for voting in this round is, and I don't want to miss it. Also I don't want to go to work yet haha.

gbgoodies vs. TheUsualSuspect
Both great members who I don't see around as much as I used to. GBG is really great, but Suspect has earned a lot of respect due to his commitment to Survivor.

honeykid vs. Swan
I definitely see Swan around more often than HK, though I think that's because over the last few months I haven't been venturing outside of the HoFs or RTLMYS thread very often.

cricket vs. CosmicRunaway

I honestly appreciate all the kind things people have said about me throughout this tournament, but this is definitely the end of the line for me, and that's fine because who doesn't love cricket?

rauldc14 vs. Miss Vicky
Two great members and HoF buddies, but thanks to commentaries and Survivor, I've gotten to know raul a lot better.

mark f vs. Nostromo87
Mark is a great, prominent part of this community, but my gut is just telling me Nostro and since I'm running late now, I don't have time to question it.

cat_sidhe vs. jiraffejustin
This is a tough match up. I really like both of you guys!

Sexy Celebrity vs. Captain Spaulding
This was probably the easiest round to vote in because I have a lot of history with SC but haven't really interacted much with Spaulding.

Joel vs. Camo
Camo was one of the first people I really talked to on this forum, so he gets my vote even though he asked to be excluded. Joel is great though, and I hope to see more of him around.

Now I really need to go to work before I'm late.

I wonder if Nostro recorded Sexy's vote? I know he voted, but of course he deleted his post.
I hope so. I'm against Swan and need every vote I can get.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I wonder if Nostro recorded Sexy's vote? I know he voted, but of course he deleted his post.
Know for sure he voted:
Honeykid
Cricket
Raul
Spaulding
Nostro
Camo

Can't remember the other ones though

Guys, you can't vote in the matchup you're in...
I did but I justed voted for HoneyKid.... why not? He and I are good friends.. he's my historical movie recommender.

Not been voting in this, but repped those who voted for me (I think I got you all)

Also, thanks for the votes everyone, and I'm glad Cat beat me in the last round.
I would have said to discount me from the thing tbh but it had already started by the time I realised what was going on