Actors You Mistake for Other Actors

Tools    

[quote=Yoda]After seeing Mission: Impossible III, I was damn near certain that Billy Crudup, who plays Musgrave...

...was actually Jonathon Schaech, AKA Jimmy from That Thing You Do!
I had foorgotten about that one... yeah, i do the same thing.

Two Lauras, no waiting...

Harring and Kightlinger

Can't say as I ever get them confused, but dramatic actress Laura Harring (Mulholland Drive) and stand-up comedianne/actress Laura Kightlinger ("Lucky Louie") could be sisters.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Paul Betttany and Heath Ledger

Oh, and sorry: most of you guys will only recognize Ms. Harring from the scene that you're watching so much frame-by-frame that it's burning a hole in your DVDs.

Now do you know who I'm talking about? Yeah, her name is Laura, and she has a career beyond an R-rated lesbian scene in a David Lynch movie.

Although I most certainly enjoy the scene you mention, I enjoy watching her vulnerabilty in the first act of the film and the shift to the cold, calculating schemer of the third act. It's tough to compete with Watt's fantastic turn in MD, but L. Harring plays off her wonderfully, and shows more range than her roles in stuff like The Punisher would lead you to believe she has. Really, i am just floored by her voluptuousness and clearly sexual mystique. Yeah, I have the hots for her. What would you recommend as some of her best wor, aside from the Lynch piece?

Speaking of Lynch, I need to go down a bottle of whiskey and watch Eraserhead...

Oh, I'm just teasing. Mulholland Drive is far and away the best role she's had yet. I liked her in a movie I saw last night, The King (James Marsh), but she only really has a few scenes where she gets to do anything. The bit where she reaches her emotional breaking point and runs into the street in a daze is very powerful, but she just ain't in the movie all that much.

She did have a good multi-episode role on the fifth season of "The Shield", too.

"Can't you get me a job in a decent movie?"

I'm not surprised that Naomi Watts' career took off after Mulholland, but it's too bad Harring hasn't had the same kinds of opportunities yet. I mean Watts went on to do 21 Grams, I Heart Huckabees and King Kong while Harring has done Willard and The Punisher (and not even the female lead in The Punisher). The King is certainly a step back in the right direction. We'll have to see if it catches the eye of any good directors or casting agents.

Oh, well.

Checking her catalog after I posted that question, I thought you might have been pulling my leg, but I will check out The King at some point. I am super broke right now, as I am living alone for the first time in ten years, so I have to be tight with the funds until I get a handle on how the bills will flow flying solo. Netflix has been cancelled and my DVD purchasing has been put on hold for a while. Once I get back on my feet (and get my head together a bit) I will give it a go. Thanks for the rec...

Julia Stiles:

and

Erika Christensen:
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

I used to confuse these two a few years back when I first saw them really.

Wes Bentley

WITH

Tobey Mcguire

Harrison Ford/Jeff Bridges (for awhile there I even had a professor who looked like both rolled into one).
Claire Danes/Clea Duvall (not anymore though - Clea seems to "shrinking violet-ish, while Claire acts normal)
Clive Owen/Crispin Glover (Crispin looks a little more weasly)
Julianne Moore/Helen Hunt/Nicole Kidman (I think JM looks more like HH in certain shots)

Originally posted by mack
No way! James Franco is FAR sexier than Christensen!
well i'm not saying who is sexier but i often get mixed up with thse two.At first i thought that Christensen played Harry Osborn in Spiderman

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Escape
I used to confuse these two a few years back when I first saw them really.

Wes Bentley

WITH

Tobey Mcguire
Count me in on that one, too.

I wipe my ass with your feelings

Ryan Reynolds

and

Jason Lee
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Godsend

Ryan Reynolds

and

Jason Lee
Me too , why is that? Must be the eyes.

Chaotic Neutral
I have often confused Tom Sizemore and Michael Madsen? Masdsen? Virginia's brother the ear cutter offer from Reservoir Dogs I think. I'm not the only one apparently since this is a running joke in the movie Pauly Shore is Dead.