The 12th Hall of Fame

Tools    

While we managed to keep the power, we did lose the internet not long as I made that post last night, so I ended up missing the reveal, but I've caught up now!

The presentation was great. Good job Cricket, and thanks for hosting! Congrats to JJ as well!

Here was my list, with disqualified nominations crossed out. I debated for a long time whether to put Casablanca or Barbara at #2. I ended up going with Barbara, which was the highest I've ever rated my own nomination haha.

01. The Man From Nowhere (2010)
02. Barbara (2012)
03. Casablanca (1942)
04. Withnail & I (1987)
05. Midnight Run (1988)
06. U-Turn (1997)
07. Y Tu Mamá También (2001)
08. Never Let Me Go (2010)
09. The City of Lost Children (1995)
10. Romper Stomper (1992)
11. Sanshiro Sugata (1943)
12. Joe (1970)
13. The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
14. Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
speaking of the presentation, @cricket I really loved the animated you had found for some of them. They were pretty d@mn cool. At first I thought they were gonna be for all of them but I'm sure that was a little hard to do, but frickin loved them!

Great job and great nominations, everyone!!

Let the night air cool you off
Sorry for picking such a "whorey" nomination everybody. I am glad it won, but next time I think I'll pick something that has no chance of winning. I am thinking of picking a Spaghetti western by a Sergio not named Leone, or a splatter-comedy, or the worst-best Batman movie.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Sorry for picking such a "whorey" nomination everybody. I am glad it won, but next time I think I'll pick something that has no chance of winning. I am thinking of picking a Spaghetti western by a Sergio not named Leone, or a splatter-comedy, or the worst-best Batman movie.
Save the spaghetti for the spaghetti western HoF!

Django or The Great Silence? :P

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Took off for a few and missed the reveal it seems. No worries though, it looks like you managed it without me . Congrats to JJ, Casablanca is a worthy winner. Great job to Cricket as well, mighty fine work in presentatin and execution of the entire HoF.

Thought I'd end up somewhere around the middle in this, but missing a four-way tie by 1 point does sting a little. Well, sombody got to inhabit the lower end as well, I guess. I am psyched that most of you guys found something to like in my nom and I am blown away that I got a 1st place on a ballot! Thank you Ed!

My ballot red as follows:

1.Casablanca
2.The City of lost Children
3.Grand Budapest
4.Hiroshima mon amour
Sugata Sanshiro (Disqualified)
Man from Nowhere (Disqualified)
6.Barbara
7.Midnight Run
8.Y tu Mamá también
U-Turn (Disqualified)
9.Never let me go
10.Withnail & I
11.Romper Stomper
12.Joe

... I am psyched that most of you guys found something to like in my nom and I am blown away that I got a 1st place on a ballot! Thank you Ed!...
It's real nice to have at least one person in any Hof, love your film. So congrats on a 1st place vote for City of Lost Children!

Hiroshima, Mon Amour, also had a 1st place vote from JJ, so congrats to Pussy Galore on that!

I'm really glad every single member posted their voting list this time around. We go through this 3 month long process with each other, so it's nice to see where the movies places on the individual voting list.

What do you guys think about having all of the voting list posted at the end of the Hof?

You mean everyone's list? I think it should be up to each individual, and it seems everyone is posting theirs this go around. I still have them if anyone needs theirs.

You mean everyone's list? I think it should be up to each individual, and it seems everyone is posting theirs this go around. I still have them if anyone needs theirs.
Yes, that's what I meant, everyone's individual voting list.

Raul posted everyones list after the Animation HOF. I'm not bothered as i always post mine anyway but i do agree with Cricket that it should be up to the individual to post theirs.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
sounds fun and I fully agree, it would be up to everyone to sign off on it.

And YOU ARE WELCOME @Clazor!! It was such a fun lil surprise I HAD to put at #1.

There's two extra winners since the 4th and 10th tied. The winners so far (not included who nominated them as i don't remember them all and Sean doesn't have that listed)

1st: Psycho
2nd: The Apartment
3rd: The 400 Blows
4th: Sansho The Bailiff and Autumn Sonata
5th: A Separation
6th: All Quiet On The Western Front
7th: The Shawshank Redemption
8th: Paths of Glory
9th: The Best Year of our Lives
10th: Empire Strikes Back and East of Eden
11th: Her
12th: Casablanca

From the ones i've seen i'd go:

01.The 400 Blows
02.A Separation
03.The Apartment
04.Her
05.Psycho
06.Empire Strikes Back
07.East of Eden
08.Shawshank Redemption
09.Casablanca

I like them all. Watching Best Year of our Lives in the next few days.

1. Casablanca
2. The Apartment
3. All Quiet on the Western Front
4. A Seperation
5. The 400 Blows
6. The Shawshank Redemption
7. The Best Years of Our Lives
8. Psycho
9. Autumn Sonata
10. Sansho the Bailiff
11. Paths of Glory
12. Her