Halloween box set?

Tools    

Laurie:

Any idea if they are planning a Halloween box set soon? I know that they are slowly releasing all of the titles individually, but I thought I'd check with you before picking them up

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
You would think so.. I mean they made one for Scream, Aliens, Nightmare on Elm Street. So yeah, I would say they would make a box set, but of course i'm not the expert Laurie is.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

That's kind of my thinking. Halloween is definitely one of the top 1 or 2 horror series' of all time and it's only fitting that it have a box set.

There is a tentative release date of 8 DVDs...the 7 films plus a bonus 8 disc sometime during the summer of 2002. No additional info at this time.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I saw they had some of the movies already released. The only ones worth getting are the first and second ones. Actually, just the first one.

I actually enjoyed the entire series for the most part. Unfortunately in order to keep things going they had to attempt to explain Michael's behavior, and this made him much less frightening. That's why the first one is so great... Michael seems to kill without rhyme or reason, it could happen to anybody, including you. He's just always lurking in the shadows... death hanging over your shoulder.

I saw the second one at Best Buy the other day but it wasn't even in 5.1 sound, which pissed me off. Hopefully the box set will be pretty killer (no pun intended).

I've seen parts of the first one and the beginning of the second. I really never saw any of the other ones cause I started to hate the whole physco with a mask movie. I mean Friday the 13th did it, Halloween did it, texas Chainsaw Massacre did it...ya know.

HELLO ALL, I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IN 2004 anchor bay had a release of the halloween dvd box set in ENGLAND and in CHINA. You cant buy the box set in USA.(and you cant find them at a Blockbuster or a Best Buy) But you can find it on EBAY.COM if you type in the search "Michael Myers Box set DVD" it should give you a list of people selling them in the US. But there not Cheap. They are rare, as only about 200,000 copies were made. You can typically get one for around $80-$100 dollars..good luck to all in your search@!!

Happy Halloween

yea I have seen the european box set on ebay. sadley we most likely never see a halloween box set in the states. unlike nightmare on elm street, alien series and scream the halloween movies have been released under different companies. like all the nightmare movies are on new line scream is on dimension films. so in order to make a box set one company would have to buy the rights to all the movies. since these movies arent very popular with most people I doubt they would spend the time and money to make it considering it probobly wouldn't sell too well. but Im still hoping it would one day happen because of my love of cheesy slasher flicks I already own the Friday the 13th set and soon to get the nightmare on elm street set.

I doubt they will make a Halloween box set because about three or four of those Halloween movies are crap and virtually unknown and did not make any money at the box office. The Friday the 13th films were crap but at least earned a little bit of popularity. I can't see them making a Halloween box set because some of those unknown Halloween sequels are unknown and may never be released theirselve on DVD.

I've got the Halloween boxset (Halloween 1-8), that's becuase i'm a lucky european

They will probably slowly release each DVD seperately, and then once you break down and buy each one, they will come out with a kick ass box set and you will want to kick yourself in the ass for not waiting... it is like a science.

Originally Posted by mightymose
Laurie:

Any idea if they are planning a Halloween box set soon? I know that they are slowly releasing all of the titles individually, but I thought I'd check with you before picking them up

YOU CAN FIND A BOX SET BY GOING TO EBAY AND TYPING IN "HALLOWEEN DVD BOX SET" AND YOU WILL FIND ONE..

GO TO WWW.EBAY.COM AND WHEN YOU GET TO TH MAIN PAGE, TYPE IN THE SEARCH BAR, "HALLOWEEN DVD BOX SET" YOU WILL FIND A BOX SET, BUT THEY WERENT RELEASED IN THE USA. AND THERE NOT CHEAP CAUSE THERE RARE AND HARD TO FIND!

The problem with horror movie box sets is often the sequals go on and on and are crap.
I've got the Nightmare on Elm St box set but it only contains 1-3, obviously the distributors realised most wouldn't want to pay extra for what is essentially rubbish unless your a Freddie entheusiast

I hope they wait and include the new Rob Zombie version in 2007. http://www.robzombie.com/news/default.aspx/nid/8345