Overrated Actors/ Underrated Actors

Tools    

May The Forks be With Us
who do u think is the most over rated actor. i think it is ben affleck . hes only on there to get money and to atractt women,there is no talent. An under rated actor would be like Ron Perlman. hes in good movies and he is a great actor but he isnt well known because hes not eye candy like affleck. and if u can find pictures put them in here as well

And this is my BOOMstick!
I don't agree with you on that. Ben Afleck was awesome in "Phantoms"

We all know who the most underrated actor is:

Bruce Campbell baby! He's your regular chick-magnet

he's an aging Elvis

hell he even kicks some zombie ass

You just can't get any cooler than that.

overrated..jake gyllenhal (sp) im sorry but this kid only had one good film in him
underated..william h macey for sure

Underrated: Robin Williams. lol. I know you guys think I'm sick, but this man can act if he wants to. Have you seen Insomnia, What dreams may come or 1 Minute Photo? He's amazing.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by tresKILLsRADIO
overrated..jake gyllenhal (sp) im sorry but this kid only had one good film in him
underated..william h macey for sure

And which film was that? Oh wait let me guess!......the choice of pseudo intellectuals everywhere, how can people think it's so deep? And for me Jake's best film was October Sky.

May The Forks be With Us
i have to agree with you on robin williams. the only movie that i know of that i thought wasnt all that good that he was in was Death To Smoochy. GOOOOOODDDD MORNING VIETNAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but affleck might have been good in maybe two movies but the rest of them have been weak and pointless. if they had had a diff. actor in daredevil that would have taken his place it would have been good but he kinda ruined it.

May The Forks be With Us
this thread is dead. ne one wanna post in it??????

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Originally Posted by HellboyUnleashed
this thread is dead. ne one wanna post in it??????
Man, you're annoying.

Just because somebody hasn't posted in a thread for all of three days does not make it "dead". Leave it be and let it grow or not grow organically.

As for why it hasn't gotten more responses in the first place, that's because it's a topic we have covered many times in many ways.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

May The Forks be With Us
well ya gotta tell me these things. i didnt know. all of em are on like the last page and havent been posted in for weeks. u ppl gotta tell me these things. and sorry if i come off as annoying to u

Cameron Diaz is so damn overrated it's pathetic.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

May The Forks be With Us
agreed. but shes hot and she can act some times

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Cameron Diaz is so damn overrated it's pathetic.
i agree 100% i really dnt like her!!

cazz
x

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Orlando Bloom. He's like the hottest actor on the market these days and he can't act at all.

i think Ethan Hawke is Underrated and so is Thomas Jane.

May The Forks be With Us
Thomas Jane was great in The Punisher, great shoot-em-ep movie. but it also had a good story. i hope they make a sequal but then again i hope that they dont because they might not make a good sequal. there is story to work with but it might not be that good in making a movie because if they do that it will just have the first one as his roots and then the real stuff will start with the second one. Ethan Hawke is a great actor but i havent seen much of his work. I personally think that Patrick Stewart is over rated. he always plays the same character in all of his movies, its good acting but it gets old once u see it over and over again

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Orlando Bloom. He's like the hottest actor on the market these days and he can't act at all.
I agree totally. He pretty much sucked in pirates, but compared to Johnny Depps fine performance, everyone sucked in that movie

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Overrated; Meryl Streep, I absolutely hate her!

Laurence Olivier, yes, that's right.

It's a movie, not a play by Shakespeare.

Underrated; Forest Whitaker.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Loner
Overrated; Meryl Streep, I absolutely hate her!
I'm very curious why you think she's over-rated.

So many good movies, so little time.
Lawrence Olivier was a different kind of actor to me.

I really liked him in some hammy kind of roles like The Devil's Disciple, Boys from Brazil, A Little Romance, The Seven Percent Solution, Sleuth and Marathon Man. I liked all those movies and I really enjoyed watching him in them.

He was great in Spartacus, Rebecca and Wuthering Heights.

Even without the Shakespeare movies he had a great career and was a lot of fun to watch on the screen. To me anyways.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx