Dancer In The Dark

Tools    

MovieForums Extra
I heard a lot about this movie in the news, reviews etc. and everyone seems to think it's a great movie. I personally haven't seen it, just wanted to ask you if any of you had seen it, and if it was really all it was hyped up to be?? Apparently Bjork was very good in the role, and it's been nominated for some Golden Globes as well, for the music...
[Edited by Zephyrus on 01-18-2001]

movies can be okay...
One of the best films ever made in my opinion, it's beautiful, heart-breaking and visually amazing. Definitely go and watch it !
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I heard a lot about this movie in the news, reviews etc. and everyone seems to think it's a great movie. I personally haven't seen it, just wanted to ask you if any of you had seen it, and if it was really all it was hyped up to be?? Apparently Bjork was very good in the role, and it's been nominated for some Golden Globes as well, for the music...
[Edited by Zephyrus on 01-18-2001]
It's a great movie, but it is very heavy. I don't really get too emotional watching movies, but that one...

Björk was amazing in it. She won Palme d'Or in Cannes that year for it. Catherine Deneuve is great as well.

A great performance and a very good movie. It didn't blow me away like I had hoped, but it may have if it caught me off guard a little bit. I had already heard for years how powerful it was.