Scariest movie you saw as a child

Tools    

Originally Posted by susan
the part where he changes from the professor to buddy love..left a big impression on me...
I guess I asked cause it also gave me a creepy feeling but not really enough to freak me out. Mabe it also had to do with the time the movie was made. You know, the early 60's. They had a certain style to them back then.

Originally Posted by Zephyrus
What was the scariest movie you remember seeing as a child?? I remember watching Stephen King's "It" when I was about 6 years old, and it remains the scariest movie I saw as a child! I couldn't sleep at all that night, and my quality of sleep was VERY poor over the next few weeks For those of you who haven't seen it, it's about a clown who goes around eating children My brother saw it recently and said that it was more funny than scary...I haven't seen it since, and I like it to stay in my memory that way!!

Palatino Linotype I believe the Scariest movie or movies when I was younger, I would have to say one, From Hell from when I was like??? 6 or 7 (not sure) is one of the scariest movies I have seen, it gave me nightmares. Also another movie im terrified of is Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Now u'd prolly think a 14 yr. old bein scared of some mad dude with a chainsaw is normal, to be scared of, however u all should have see the kinds of dreams i would have and my reactions to the stupidist things. I have not had them recently but i still get freaked out. my mom has told me she is going to rent that movie and I get all freaky eyed. I also have a problem and is freaky too, like I will imagine what is going to happen and i see it or i hear it and it occurs. sometimes its within my dreams, or when im awake. I don't know but TCM freaks the hell out of me!!!

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
The movie that scared me sh*tless when i was a kid was Carrie. i was soooo scared after i saw that.
WARNING: spoilers below
The part at the end when the girl goes to put the flowers over the guys grave and his hand pops out and grabs her scared me so much
Actually, that brings back memories from the first time I saw that one. I was about 11 years old and my mother was sitting in a rocking chair. As soon as that hand came out, it was like a shockwave of terror went through my body. My head went diving into her lap almost knocking the whole chair to the floor with her in it. But the funniest part of it all was her terrifying scream as the chair on the verge of tipping over.
Well, I mean to call it funny since nobody got hurt.

i guess seeing Jaws at age 5 was scary, but that's about all, after that i really got into horror flix

The Green Lantern
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Sleepaway Camp
Dracula (1979)
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

Mrs. BDT to y'all
E.T scared the crap outta me when i was younger and it still does!

dear god...

Originally Posted by Carissima
E.T scared the crap outta me when i was younger and it still does!
I remember when my sister was about 4 years old and the part where E.T. died on the table she just start bawling her eyes out immediately. She must have really loved that little alien guy.

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
Originally Posted by Flywaver
One of the first horror movies I ever saw was the original Halloween...as far as I can remember.

Cheers!
dito halloween and rocky horror picture show as far as I can remember didn't scare me however I used to always ask my mom to watch halloween

I remember watching tons of horrors as a little kid because my brother was constantly staying up with girlfriends all night watchin em
arachnafobia,candyman,maximumoverdrive,carie,nightmare on elm,
pet cemetary,the exorcist,chucky,the shadowman? and other really scary ass movies that I can't remember the names
some I really liked the predator,terminator others scared the **** out of me

Originally Posted by Lola
Wow, Jaws never scared me. I think the scariest thing I saw when I was little was the episode of X-Files when they find a guy that can fit through the heating ducts. I was about 6 I think *shudder* I still get freaked out when there's a square one in my room. I think I'll forever be disturbed by the OD scene in Pulp Fiction, my dad let me watch it when I was about 7. I was into Resevoir Dogs and other Tarantino movies by the time I was 9.
I remember watchin the first episode of ex-files with my dad
scared me a little and following ex-files was sliders
the hitchiker movie was pretty ****in scary as a little kid
unsolved mysteries used to scared me watchin them with my mom and discovery channel shows about ghosts

yeah I had a lot of pants ****ting experiences with my brother at nights by the lake talkin about jason,witches,and ghosts and ****

Originally Posted by reservoirdogs
I remember watchin the first episode of ex-files with my dad
scared me a little and following ex-files was sliders
the hitchiker movie was pretty ****in scary as a little kid
unsolved mysteries used to scared me watchin them with my mom and discovery channel shows about ghosts

yeah I had a lot of pants ****ting experiences with my brother at nights by the lake talkin about jason,witches,and ghosts and ****
Hey reservoir dogs. I think you should change those words under your name since there are young kids who also view this forum.

As a kid...
scared of these ..
The Exorcist
Hush Hush Sweet Charolotte
All Twilight Zone movies
Rosemary's Baby
Damien
The Omen

Originally Posted by Escape
Hey reservoir dogs. I think you should change those words under your name since there are young kids who also view this forum.
being in the lower age group (13), i don't really think anyone young enough to care is gonna post here

I am having a nervous breakdance
I remember being really scared by John Carpenter's The Fog. I think that it is considered to be kind of average but it scared the hell out of me. I think it's something about the sea that has always been a bit scary to me.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Escape
your right just seein the reaction i'd get, never used anything derogitory before

"IT" and "arachnaphobia" scared the crap out of me and IT still manages to creep me out