Best Brad Pitt Performance/Movie Brad Pitt Starred In

Tools    

I would put Assassination as #2.

I feel Kalifornia was his "best" because so much of that film is dependant on his performance. He makes (sets) that whole movie. Very powerful performance.

No - you are right. But, I if you removed Brad from Se7en and replaced him with another good actor - Se7en is still great because of Spacey and Freeman.

Where would Kalifornia be without Brad? Brad was the heart of that whole movie.
The movie fails without him - that is why I said it was his best film. Not the best film he was in.

I would agree that Se7en, 12 Monkeys, and others are "better" films. Meaning they have more to offer storywise.

To be honest, before I ever saw a Brad Pitt movie, I didn't really think there was much to him. In fact it took me about three years to watch Fight Club because I knew that he was in it. Finally after hearing that it was one of the best concepts I had ever, I sat down and watched it. Blew my freaking mind. I had already been a fan of the Anne Rice books so naturally Interview with the Vampire came next, then Se7en. All amazing.

Fight Club
Interview with the Vampire
Se7en

Without having seen Benjamin Buttons, Troy or Legends Of The Fall, these, so far, are my fave films featuring one half of the entity known Bradjelina (or is it Brangelina?):

5. Inglourious Basterds
My favorite thing about this movie is that the Basterds take no prisoners
because they are not in the prisoner taking bidness.
They're in the killing Natzi bidness.
And cousin, bidness is abooming.
On a scale of 1 to 10,
I give this movie a "9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9!"

4. Se7en
I really liked this movie.
I'd get into more detail why, but right now, I'm in a mood that can best be described as numbingly sunk in a comfortable state of extreme sloth. And if you consider that a sin, well,
what are you gonna do about it? Kill me?

3. Fight Club
I'd post a comment here about this movie,
but the first rule about Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club.

2. Ocean's Eleven
How hard is it to put Brad Pitt in an ensemble line-up that includes George Clooney, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts, Andy Garcia, Bernie Mac, & not have the movie turn out to be cool?
(Actually, now that I come to think of it, it's not all that hard, really. Just make it 2 sequels later, add Al Pacino into the mix, dump Julia Roberts & scrap together a story that barely makes any sense & wha la....
the death of a forced franchise. One that should've been left alone in the 1st. place. Anyways....)
A great heist movie that, for me, really feels like a true update of the genre, supported by the hipness that results from the performances of it's cast, even from veterans Elliott Gould & Carl Reiner.
In the end, not even the slanted English accent of Don Cheadle could hamper Ocean's 11 from being a top quality escapist-fare film.

1. Snatch
Simply put,
I really do luvs me some Snatch.

Best Brad Pitt Performance
  1. Se7en
  2. Snatch
  3. Twelve Monkeys
  4. Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood
  5. Ad Astra
  6. Fight Club
  7. Legends of the Fall
  8. Interview with the Vampire
  9. Babel
  10. The Assassination of Jesse James

Inglourious Basterds
Moneyball
Fury
Allied
Meet Joe Black
Ocean’s Eleven

Sleepers
Killing Them Softly
True Romance
Ocean’s Thirteen
Troy
World War Z

The only time I've liked Brad Pitt was in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I thought he was funny, warm, and extremely human. I can't remember what he says at the very end (facing the camera) but I thought it hysterical.

I just don't, as a rule, like him very much.

People don't talk about that movie very much, but I thought Brad was great in it too.