Frequency

→ in
Tools    

MovieForums Extra
SPOILERS BELOW!

Just saw this movie today for the first time...

Truth be told, I liked it! It was very sound as far as movies of this genre go. For those that haven't seen it, it's about a guy called John Sullivan (played by Andre Braugher) who, during the spectacular storm known as Aurora Borealis, finds his deceased father's old ham radio and starts to play with it...

And basically, what happens next(you've probably seen from the preview) is that he manages to reach his dad thirty years in the past. But then they start doing things and the future changes...

The plot was very original, no doubt, and had much more integrity than similar movies of that kind (like Terminaor 2). It very accurately showed what would happen if indeed it was possible to change something in the past. I found it to be very suspenseful throughout the whole movie.

I did however notice a small glitch, when something in the past happened instantly in the future, like when the serial killers hand was blown away, it immediately started to disintegrate in the future. And then of course, his father just miraculously appears through the doorway in the end, like he had just returned from somewhere after beeing away for a long time, as opposed to always being there...

Overall, a good movie, with a solid 8.7/10

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I loved this movie. I thought it was great. But of course It did have its flaws, just as you pointed out. But what movies of this genre don't have flaws. Especially ones that are this good.

Saw this movie a few months ago - totally loved it.
The story line was very original and althought the
story seems to be slow at time, it makes the movie
comes across as a mixture between action and drama
which I believe was the intention of the producer.
Surprisly, it did not do very well in the box office,
not that I can remember anyway but I know it got a lot
of GOOD reviews.
A definitely must see film but don't expect this to be a
pure adrenalin rush action flick though.

SPOILER BELOW -
Got to admit that the 'instant changes' that happens when
his mom got saved and the way the house's furnitures
changed was rather awkard but I really failed to see how
else it could have been done.

-DoomsDay

I absolutely loved this movie. I'm thrilled that Quaid's career seems to be back on track lately.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Ooooh, this movie was mind-bending good! It gets two thumbs up from me.
One right now and one in the past when I first saw it.
Funny thing is, typing this post is what made me go see it in the first place.

MovieForums Extra

LOL sunfrog! See, we do make a difference

Found this film to be over sentimental,predictable & full of flaws, like no one seems to push down the receiver when talking on the CB radios,plus of course all the usual ones in any time travel movie. Some films are well paced enough that I overlook the loopholes, but in this they stand out.
A good serial killer time travel film(which is the only part of this film that was interesting to me) was done way better in HG Wells Time After Time with Malcolm McDowell, Jack the Ripper gets a time machine &......
Must admit this film was spoiled for me by the trailer as well which gave away far to much of the interesting sub plot & left out the fact the rest was a soap opera.
Frequency 5/10. Sorry to disagree but Im a big fan of Time travel films & this is one of the few I refuse to own.

AWESOME movie! I just bought it. Totally love it. Very
original idea and awesome cast. Quaid is great

I loved this movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole film. There are several things I loved about this movie, one is how is memories changed everytime something in the past was altered. Very nicely made movie!