Best Fight Scene(s)...HiYah!!

Tools    

Van Damme is not a martial artist, period. He's a ballet dancer.

Seagal is ok. But he's not a martial artist either.

The problem I have with Yoda's fight in AOTC is that it seems pointless. The point seems to be for Yoda to show off his l33t skillz...which are considerable....but there is no real point besides that.

Okay, they fight. The bad guy gets away. Yoda barely manages to save Anakin and Obi from being squashed like bugs. Obi and Anakin do a great job lying there being innocent and helpless. Could they not move that pillar themselves? Was the Force not with them because they got sliced up a bit? What's the deal with Yoda trembling with exertion as he moves the pillar? Was it almost too heavy?

Yes, we got to see Yoda fight, but what else was accomplished? Nothing as far as I could tell.

If I was being naive, I'd suggest that Yoda's scrapping is foreshadowing for the next film, where he will (possibly) fight Sidious.

If I was being cynical, I'd suggest that no-neck Lucas was just trying to cash in on the word of mouth. When I heard that Yoda was going to duel with Christopher Lee, I was there! You know old George, he loves those computer characters...

crazed out movie freak
i will have to say the movie Gladiator. not the one with russell crowe, the boxing one with cuba gooding jr. well anywho, the last fight with brian dennehey and that kid ( sorry can't remember his name)

That was James Marshall, best known as the motorcycle-riding James who had the secret love affair with Laura Palmer on "Twin Peaks". Also the not-too-bright Private Downey in A Few Good Men.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

crazed out movie freak
oh i should of known that. i own a few good men. man i am retarded

Nobody mentioned the bar fight scene from CTHD (at least I don't think they did)... fantastic stuff!

I also loved Chow's hallway scene in A Better Tomorrow... it's been ripped off countless times but the original is still the best

crazed out movie freak
umm... apollo creed vs. rocky balboa in rocky part one.

I would have to say most of the fight scenes in Once apon a time in China 1,2 and 3. He makes it look so easy!,then again he is the real deal

One of my favorites is the patently absurd and impossibly long drawn-out fisticuffs in Carpenter's They Live!, where Rowdy Roddy Piper and Keith David beat the crap out of each other in an alley, all in trying to get David's character to try on some of those special sunglasses.

The legend is that Carpenter's original script had the simple words "THEY FIGHT" followed by four blank pages with a "CONTINUED" at the top of each. In script terms, one page of dialogue is roughly equivalent to one minute of screen time. Carpenter knew he was going to fill those four minutes with two guys comically beating the snot out of each other, in a rather perfect little parody of what the action genre had quickly become on the late '80s.

Jim Carey Vs. The Chinese Chef in Dumb and Dumber

I kind of enjoyed watching her kick Billy Campbell's a$$ in Enough.

Just something about a chic kickin' a dude's a$$...
makes me happy.

Oh, and I liked the fight between Laura Croft and the Robot in TombRaider also.

Are you seeing a "theme" here...

Beware the Moon
Originally posted by Sullivan
[b]Van Damme is not a martial artist, period. He's a ballet dancer.

Seagal is ok. But he's not a martial artist either.
Much as I truly hate to leap to the defence of these cretins. Van Damme was a respected exponent of Karate and prior to making movies he won several Karate championship tournaments. He held the titles for National, European and International competitions, in addition to some amateur bodybuilding competitions later. The ballet was his job until he gave it up to pursue his "acting" career.

Steven Seagal, was trained in Aikido in the East, and he is listed amongst their ranks as a respected instructor having attained a substantial grade. I believe at this time he is an 8th Dan. The fact that he is soggy round the midsection, likes beating up women, obviously hasn't trained properly in years is another matter entirely.

Unfortunately despite the fact that they are better known as piss artists, and much as some of us might hate to admit it, (myself included) ......they are Martial Artists. On the plus side Van Damme is a Karate girlie boy and Seagal knows a boring and girlie martial art

This one's not from a movie, but it's still a kick-ass fight scene nonetheless...
The "Cripple Fight" between Timmy and Jimmy in the "Cripple Fight" episode of South Park. If you haven't seen it yet, it's a gut-buster...and it just so happens to be one of the most "realistic" fights I've seen in years...despite the fact that it's poorly animated "cardboard cutouts".

crazed out movie freak
How about Hugh Grant and Tom Arnold throwing down on that Barney lookin dude in Nine Months. Funny stuff

" Hey tell your boyfriend to let go of my tail "

I would have to say...
The fight scene in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the end, where the Turtles try to kill Shredder, But Splinter does, and "Cowabungaaa!" is born. Does anyone remeber the old theme sone they played for the TV show? I think it's:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Turtles in a half shell, TURTLE POWER!
TURTLES ROCK!!

hmmm....i would have to say the fight scene from Rocky when he beats up the frozen meat.....classic.

I CANT BELIEVE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED...

Drive!! The end scene Mark Decascus vs the other guy. Its awesome! Better than The Matrix anyday wiv 1/6th the budget.

Can't wait for hiis new flick.

I would say either

that DRIVE fight or Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul (ep1:TPM).

But for "epic-ness" Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (Empire SB).

Oops just remembered

MOST REALISTIC FIGHT

John Cusack [Gross Point Blank] near the lockers where he stabs the guy wiv a pen.

Quality