Recommend me Zatoichi movies

Tools    

There around 20 something from the franchise (all with the screen legend shintaro katsu), im just not sure which i should start to venture with. Couple of must-see recommendation please...

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I understand your predicament, Zatoichi is not a series you want to go into blindly. (See what I did there?)

In this special case I shall only recommend all of them, as I have not seen them all. Heh, oh my brother downloaded them all. I should probably watch them. Why don't you just start with the first one?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Chronologically seems reasonable.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

In this special case I shall only recommend all of them, as I have not seen them all. Heh, oh my brother downloaded them all. I should probably watch them. Why don't you just start with the first one?
it was too much for now. Unless i become fan(more likely) i feel only want to invest on some essential viewing atm. The first sound reasonable for more proper introduction but what next. I think it will be nice allocated time for 3-4 of this

what is those movies about?

Like Minio said, do them chronologically. If you're going to watch four, watch the first four. I've seen a couple, one of the later ones and one in the middle. They do pretty well standing on their own I found.

As well as the 26 movies he was also filming the TV series of zatoichi to 100 episodes I believe well 99 and he was behind the lone wolf and cub movie's in which his brother played the lead role and he's brother played his long lost brother in a zatoichi movie no3 I think he was supposed to play the lead role in Akira Kurosawa's kagemusha or ran but walked off set(he says) or fired (Akira Kurosawa says) because he turned up with a whole film crew to film the whole thing being made and especially Akira Kurosawa and how he works and Kurosawa wasn't having that so a argument ensued and shintaro katsu was replaced by tatsauya nakadai who I think stole the role in both movie's and made them the great movie's they are