Black Adder

Tools    

I just heard that they released The Black Adder on DVD and can't wait to get it. I was wondering what your opinions were on the show and if any of you had seen the DVD... I am hoping there are some fun special features.

My brother Pigsnie worked on the 1st & 2nd series. Thats the awful medeival one & the real funny elizabeth an one.
The elizabethan one is the best I think. You have a womans hand, milord! Ill wager it nevair felt the lash of a cat, been rubed with salt and then flayed off by a pyrate chief to make stockins for his best cabin boy!!! Lolll. and you can call me Ploppy.

My favourite was the third series. Hugh Laurie was hysterical as the Prince Regent. I almost bought them all today (except the terrible first one) but I had already picked up two Danger Mouse discs and a Depeche Mode one.

Maybe next month.

The Black Adder is one of my most favorite sitcoms of all time. I first saw it in the early nineties on public access television, and have been a huge fan ever since. For those who might be unfamiliar with the series it is a continuing story of the Edmund, Duke of Edinburgh (The Black Adder) and his descendants throughout time. It only lasted for four seasons and each season leapt ahead in time to another descendant and his vain attempt to gain power. All through the four seasons, a number of the previous seasons characters are brought back, though some of their titles are different. My favorite is Baldrich, a simpleton who the Adder despises, yet counts on thoroughly. Baldrich always starts his sentences with, “I, have a cunning plan…”, the hilarity is that his cunning plans are usually preposterous, yet tried anyway. If you are a fan of Rowan Atkison or his Mr. Bean series, then this series is a definite must see.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Oooo.... thanks for bringing this thread back up Slay... I've wanted to see this for a while and had no idea it was even out on DVD... it's on my list now...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)