Crying in movies

Tools    

Last of the Mohicans - the cliff scene

Braveheart - the scene between Murron and William at his father’s funeral and FREEDOM

We Were Soldiers - the Wall

Saving Private Ryan - the opening scene & the same as Slay

Dances With Wolves - the wolf

Skins - the last scene

My Dog Skip - ………

Some Mother’s Son - last prison scene

Big Fish - the ending

Titanic - I almost cried at the end… with joy... because it was over…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
You're bad...

Schindler's List: At the end when Schindler realizes he could have saved even more people. Damn you, Spielberg! You got me this time!

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: The death of Gandalf.

Erin Brokovich: In the end when Erin tells that sick woman how much money her family will recieve from that company.

Vanilla Sky: The end. I don't know why but I was overwhelmed by melancholy.

Terms of Endearment: When Debra Winger dies.

Dances With Wolves: "Dances With Wolves. I am Wind In His Hair. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"

The Killing Fields: The reunion of Sydney and Drith Pran.

Driving Miss Daisy:

- Hoke?
- Yes'm.
- You're my best friend.
- No, go on Miss Daisy.
- No, really, you are...
[Takes Hoke's hand]
- You are.
- Yes'm.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Terms of Endearment: When Debra Winger dies.
You better tell Aniko about that. She was just watching a movie where they were searching for her and you could save them some time.

I forgot about the thistle scene in Braveheart. She was a little sweetie, alright. *sniff*
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Oh, yeah, definately, yeah.
Lord of the Rings? lol. That's like crying at a Lethal Weapon movie. lol. Sorry.

Originally Posted by SaintDant3
Lord of the Rings? lol. That's like crying at a Lethal Weapon movie. lol. Sorry.
Yeah, or thinking you're cool. lol

well this is a pretty funny thread but here i go

braveheart-did the water works ever start comin

lion king- when it was first in theaters and simbas dad dies

and finally

the last samurai-i went to see it with 3 of my freinds and i mean were not girly boys but when katsumoto was givin the perfect blossom line i looked over to my left to see one of my buds all out balling and then to my left to see my frind sunken down into his chair case ball cap turned towards me so i couldnt see his eyes and wet cheeks.

oh yeah and the part in equillibrium where they start snuffing the dogs and that puppy runs out (more of teary eyed thatn cryin) but anyways

I ate all your bees.
Originally Posted by Yoda
- Titanic, when the ship is going down and the band starts to play. I didn't like the movie, but that part gets me.

- The Patriot, in various scenes, for obvious reasons. I have an amazing amount of respect for those people.

- Braveheart - I consider William Wallace one of the bravest men who ever lived. When he screams "Freedom" at the end, I totally lose it.
I agree with all of those. Especially Braveheart, I end up loving William Wallace so much that I am just crushed when he's killed. I have watched the movie 5 times, only managed to watch the end twice. Also Dances with Wolves, I hate the part when the wolf is killed, something to do with Animals being hurt or killed when they dont understand why or whats going on...I cannot stand it.

And also for some reason A.I. I absolutely hated the movie but the part when the Electronic Teddy Bear is chassing after the boy...with his little Teddy Legs...Its too much.

Ok, here it goes.

American History X - When the black guy gets curb stomped
Edward Scissorhands - When he says "I can't" And the ending
Blow - The ending
Benny and Joon - When Sam gets kicked out of the house
Chocolat - When the boats are on fire
Donnie Darko - The end
Don Juan De Marco - When he starts talking about his dad
The Return of the King - When Merry and Pipin are split up

So many more, I just can't think of them now.

Also in Clockwork Orange, when Alex comes home to find a lodger there and he starts to weep.

Usually I'm bawling at the price of tickets and the concession food. Three bucks for Koolaid? ....

Seriously I cried when I saw Holes and the ending of Shrek but that's because it was tears of joy.

Yeah, no kidding for both of them.

Life is Beautiful at the end when the father is killed by the Nazi soldier.
Love Story, where at the end she dies.(basically a 60's romeo and juliet)
Romeo and Juliet (the original) with Olivia Hussey, (amazing actress) when she kills herself.
The Holocast..the depraviation and murder of innocent lifes.

Midnight Express, the exploitation of the drug world.

There are so many films I find myself crying at these days and wonder why I put my self through it! For example I am going to see "The Fault in our Stars" tonight. I have seen the trailer, I know it is going to make me cry because the trailer made me cry but I am okay with that. I feel no shame in allowing my emotions to take over, I am a MANLY MAN!!

Films that have made me cry:

A long way Down
Terminator 2
Love and Other Drugs
My Sisters Keeper
Eloise
Sliver Linings Playbook
Side Effects

[quote=Zephyrus;2765]I just remembered some other instances:

Titanic, I got choked up watching the end, though not because Leonardo DiCaprio died, but because of the way the actual human tragedy of the sinking was portrayed.

The Green Mile, I think the ending was a bit too much for me, I probably would have started to cry if I wasn't with a friend!

Some movie with Kevin Costner, I'm not sure what it's called, when he kidnaps some little kid...the ending was pretty sad

The Kevin Costner movie to which you're referring is A Perfect World...awesome move, for my money, Costner's best performance.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I usually cry at movies, but the movie that made me cry the most was probably "The Champ" (1979) starring Jon Voight and Ricky Schroeder. Every time little Ricky Schroeder cried, so did I.

There was even a study done about crying that showed that this movie was "the saddest movie ever".

http://theweek.com/article/index/217...#axzz34q3psU5w

How could anyone not cry when they see this little boy cry?

Founder of DejaScene.com
Braveheart - at the end when they are torturing him and his dead wife walks around the corner. Niagra Falls of tears.

Bridge to Terabithia - when the little girl died. Did not see that coming at all! Up until that point it was such a sweet movie. I saw this years before having kids and since having them there is no way I would even dare to put it on.

Damn, this thread is so old, Yoda was still going by his first forum name, TWTCommish.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra