Songs about actors and/or actresses

Tools    

Toto's Rosanna is about Rosanna Arquette
So is Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes

Some band sang a song about Meg Ryan and there was a song called Molly Ringwald. Some punk band also did a song called Christina Ricci

And there's a god-awful but intentionally so song called Dakota Fanning Cannot go Tanning. Such a guilty pleasure lol

The Misfits - Who Killed Marylin?

MDC (Millions of Dead Cops?) - John Wayne was a Nazi

It's on youtube but I can't remember if there's swearing or not so I'm not linking to it.

film-makers:

Coil - Ostia (The Death of Pasolini)

a couple of my favorites not available on youtube:

The Dirtbombs - I'm Saving Myself for Nichelle Nichols

Gary Panter - Roy and Dale (Roy Rogers and Dale Evans)

Wesley Willis also has seemingly-dozens of songs "about" actors. All sung to the same tune (along with Rock'n'roll McDonalds and I Kicked Batman's Ass).

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Siouxsie And The Banshees - Kiss Them For Me

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

Bananarama - Robert De Niro's Waiting

Helmet - Shirley MacLaine

Elton John's Candle in the Wind is about Marilyn Monroe...

Later, he rewrote the lyrics as a tribute to Princess Diana...

James Dean ~ The Eagles

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I will admit that this video sounds poor but it's the only one I could find about a pertinent song. Nancy Reagan, our First Lady from Jan. 1981 to Jan. 1989, was just as much an actress as Ronny was an actor. This is not meant as a slam. I can appreciate what the Reagans did from both ends of the spectrum, but no matter what, My wife Brenda and I worked for the Federal Aviation Administration after Reagan had fired the ATCs (Air Traffic Controllers) who went on strike. I guess I can "credit/blame" the Reagans for the two of us finding each other because if Reagan hadn't fired the strikers, we would have never met (or even gone to work anywhere near each other). Next month, we will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary, and of course, this is both of ours' only marriage. You have something to shoot for, Chris!

"Nancy Reagan's Head" by Mission of Burma

Nancy Reagan was originally Nancy Davis. I believe her two most-significant roles pre-politics were these:

My heart loves it more than my head but it's certainly audacious.

I wasn't even alive when these came out, so I have "nothing to do with this spectrum".

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
There were a bunch that came out after John Lennon was murdered.

this is one of my faves,

Elton John- Empty Garden(hey hey johnny)

George Harrison- All those years ago

Semper Fooey
I will admit that this video sounds poor but it's the only one I could find about a pertinent song. Nancy Reagan, our First Lady from Jan. 1981 to Jan. 1989, was just as much an actress as Ronny was an actor. This is not meant as a slam. I can appreciate what the Reagans did from both ends of the spectrum, but no matter what, My wife Brenda and I worked for the Federal Aviation Administration after Reagan had fired the ATCs (Air Traffic Controllers) who went on strike. I guess I can "credit/blame" the Reagans for the two of us finding each other because if Reagan hadn't fired the strikers, we would have never met (or even gone to work anywhere near each other). Next month, we will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary, and of course, this is both of ours' only marriage. You have something to shoot for, Chris!
I'm a Democrat and never voted for Reagan, but he was right to fire those air traffic controllers. They were violating the law, were arrogant thinking they couldn't be replaced, and thought because they were one of the few unions who supported Reagan for President they could get away with it. Those guys deserved to lose their jobs.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, I can't say that for a fact because when I came in, all those ATCs (mostly service veterans) who didn't strike were there when I got there, and they were all walking on tiptoes. Some of those guys were complete whack jobs, but I'll admit that many of them could do their jobs. It was a strange time in my opinion, but the longer I live, the more "strange times" we seem to have.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The Cult had a song about Edie Sedgwick.
Now this is an odd case of synchronicity I guess. My girlfriend and I just went to an Andy Warhol exhibition at the Seattle Art Museum. They had projections of faces on the walls, including Edie Sedgwick. I asked if she had ever seen Factory Girl. Anyways I dig The Cult, had no idea Edie (Ciao Baby) was about her.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Roy Rogers- Elton John

Dorothy Stratten

Cover Girl- Prism

as well as

The Best was yet to Come- Bryan Adams