A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

→ in
Tools    

It is a more than average movie. I earned huge money in BOX OFFICE in first week comparing to other recent movies ($32,902,299). Keep it up .

box office is only how popular the film is initially, part of that box office number is my 10 dollars I paid to see it, doesn't mean I'm a fan of the film but i contributed to its numbers

i hated this movie i only seen the old one last week and what they have done to it with this movie is awful.
freddy was really bad hated his voice and his look and the way they went in to a story about him the cast was bad aswel out of 10 id give 3.

Saw it. Yes, I know I was warned but I HAD to see it just because i've never seen an Elm Street picture in the cinema. Definitely a weak and tedious remake, not that it was a big surprise. The characterisation is non existant to say the least. Hell, besides maybe Nancy, you don't get to know any of the characters. The original Nightmare On Elm Street didn't have the most complex of characters, but at least you knew what each stood for.

Tina's boyfriend in the original was clearly an alpha male. A bit of an aggressive jerk who liked sex and a hint of a sensitive side. In this this one I had no idea what type of guy he was. Was he a sensitive soul? A prankster, an alpha male what?

The biggest frustration for me, I think, was the lack surrealism, probably my favourite aspect about the Nightmare films. Given the potential to experiment and come up with something creative in this area, probably the only area the remake had a chance of surpassing the original, the sequences are rather dull and unimaginative. Oh, we are in the dream world, heres a corridor that leads to a nursery.

And, you know, I really like JEL, but you guys were right, he was definitely channelling Rorschach in his portrayal, which just doesn't feel fresh given Watchmen only came out a year ago. He does have his moments though, and under a more credible and skillful director, I feel his Freddy could have definitely been even more frightening than Bob Englund's. One thing I liked about Haley's interpretation over Englund's was the sense of bitterness and resentment towards his victims. There definitely are moments, particularly with Kyle Reese's ordeal where he is effective. But overall it's a case of a cliched deep voice going 'ha ha ha' most of the time.

I felt the film's ending was probably the best part, particularly the parting shot, though it's let down by some atrocious CGI.

Weak ass remake.

** out of *****

I don't like the remake. Hollywood should have banned the remake stuff and **** is getting out of hands and running out of idea.

Wasn't a great movie at all. Although I did like Jackie Earle Haley's performance however as Freddy, i thought he kind of put his own spin on the role. You could not have expected him to mimic the performance of the master, Robert Englund. I thought the acting was quite second rate, and overall it wasn't really THAT scary.

freddie was always cool and he always will be..expect for in the case of this film

Unregistered Illegal User
I have so many problems with this movie but what bugged me most was when they changed the face of Freddy, it's like doing a remake of Ghostbuster and instead of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man walking down the city they decide to let a big box of Betty Crocker Cake Mix roll down the city.

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

I have so many problems with this movie but what bugged me most was when they changed the face of Freddy, it's like doing a remake of Ghostbuster and instead of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man walking down the city they decide to let a big box of Betty Crocker Cake Mix roll down the city.
haha i remember that

I love the original for sure. But always love to directors and producers take an existing film and apply modern technology to it. Not gonna lie, I am biased but so what I'm old school. Cheers!