The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
I think I made the mistake of hooking my new console to the living room tv. Mom is always watching something, now that she's moved in. Mostly, we just watch something on streaming. I feel guilty for forcing her to watch a game. That and time too. I don't think I've been in my old computer room but a handful of times since she's moved in.

Weird.
Maybe start looking for good Amazon deals on cheap TVs (for your gaming) to put in another room? I've recently gotten two separate good deals on 43" TVs for under $200 each.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Maybe start looking for good Amazon deals on cheap TVs (for your gaming) to put in another room? I've recently gotten two separate good deals on 43" TVs for under $200 each.
Well. I'm looking for Black Friday deals soon for a living room tv replacement. I have a 4k 42" in my computer room that my PS4 is on. I never spent time in the living room so never bothered with a TV there past the very old early 2000s Sony projection. We're currently using mom's 42" but that's her TV and doesn't quite cut it giving that we use the living room dining room space as one room. No tables. Just the couch on one end and the TV on the other. I WANT to get a ridiculously sized screen for that room and run PS5 4k games on it! Still may be months out though.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well. I'm looking for Black Friday deals soon for a living room tv replacement. I have a 4k 42" in my computer room that my PS4 is on. I never spent time in the living room so never bothered with a TV there past the very old early 2000s Sony projection. We're currently using mom's 42" but that's her TV and doesn't quite cut it giving that we use the living room dining room space as one room. No tables. Just the couch on one end and the TV on the other. I WANT to get a ridiculously sized screen for that room and run PS5 4k games on it! Still may be months out though.
Black Friday might get you something good, though. We bought our living room 65" TV (we have a huge living room) in 2012 for over $1,000. Nothing special about it now (though it's going like a champ ten years later and still looks pretty great!). Same size TVs now are half that price, sometimes less on sale. And much better quality.

One of the 43" ones I got is in the guest room. The other is here in my home office--I use it as my computer monitor, so I do play games on it.

A system of cells interlinked
Black Friday might get you something good, though. We bought our living room 65" TV (we have a huge living room) in 2012 for over $1,000. Nothing special about it now (though it's going like a champ ten years later and still looks pretty great!). Same size TVs now are half that price, sometimes less on sale. And much better quality.

One of the 43" ones I got is in the guest room. The other is here in my home office--I use it as my computer monitor, so I do play games on it.
Yep - we still have our 50" Samsung Plasma we bought in 2010, and it is still going strong, even if it has custom mac and cheese toddler handprint etchings in some areas of the screen. Luckily, you can only see those when the TV is off... Not replacing that thing until Stella is at least 5...

Has anyone tried the MWII remake? I assumed it was a glorified remaster, but the trailer shows characters that I do not remember and I caught a random post on a FaceBook thread commenting that the campaign is shorter than the original MWII.

Any of you have first hand experience with this one either through beta or the preorder campaign release?

You ready? You look ready.
@ynwtf: I’m in the process of fixing a 60” 4K that was gifted to me. You want dibs?

Guarantee it’ll be cheaper than everything else on the market

@ynwtf: I’m in the process of fixing a 60” 4K that was gifted to me. You want dibs?

Nice gift!
(don't tell anyone, but I'm actually torn between a 75er and an 85er)

=x

@ynwtf: I’ll agree after I completely dismantle and reassemble it without issues. Otherwise I spent 80 bucks on some backlights for no good reason

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

One of the former engineering instructors had a side hustle fixing flat screens. People would give em away, he would spend a couple of minutes fixing them and flip em. I can't remember exactly what it was that went bad with the majority of them, but it was a simple and inexpensive fix.

Has anyone tried the MWII remake? I assumed it was a glorified remaster, but the trailer shows characters that I do not remember and I caught a random post on a FaceBook thread commenting that the campaign is shorter than the original MWII.

Any of you have first hand experience with this one either through beta or the preorder campaign release?
no cause im not a fan of call of duty but i do like old call of duty games back in the day better tho.

no cause im not a fan of call of duty but i do like old call of duty games back in the day better tho.
Call of Duty: MWII is what convinced me to get a PS3. A coworker had the game and invited me over a few nights to play one-on-one maps and co-op stages. It was so great! After a few weeks, I finally broke down and bought a system. I ended up getting COD: MWI because I didn't know there were two versions. Finished the game and kept telling my coworker about it. He had no idea what I was describing. One day I learned there were two released titles, so I HAD to go buy the second one.

I did pick up a few COD games after, Black Ops and III (I think?), but none of them felt as open as I and II so I gave up on the franchise. If this release is a rebuild of the old MWII, then I'm all in. I just can't find information past all the current variation and packages available. I don't want to drop $70US minimum for another FF7 kind of half game.

One of the former engineering instructors had a side hustle fixing flat screens. People would give em away, he would spend a couple of minutes fixing them and flip em. I can't remember exactly what it was that went bad with the majority of them, but it was a simple and inexpensive fix.
Yeah. We're a society of consumers! Mom's TV went out not long before the move. I googled the repair and looked like it would be about $80 to replace a faulty light strip or something, but we didn't really have the time or patience to chase it while packing her apartment and trying to move her. I still kick myself for not at least trying. But at that point, we were like GET RID OF EVERYTHING DONATE DONATE TRASH! Just cuz we were so exhausted with it all.

Yeah. We're a society of consumers! Mom's TV went out not long before the move. I googled the repair and looked like it would be about $80 to replace a faulty light strip or something, but we didn't really have the time or patience to chase it while packing her apartment and trying to move her. I still kick myself for not at least trying. But at that point, we were like GET RID OF EVERYTHING DONATE DONATE TRASH! Just cuz we were so exhausted with it all.
I only decided to undertake the repair because my 43" is kinda underwhelming in my new digs. But I ain't about to drop money on a new TV. I also figured it'd be good practice to see if getting into the TV repair business is worth the hassle.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Call of Duty: MWII is what convinced me to get a PS3. A coworker had the game and invited me over a few nights to play one-on-one maps and co-op stages. It was so great! After a few weeks, I finally broke down and bought a system. I ended up getting COD: MWI because I didn't know there were two versions. Finished the game and kept telling my coworker about it. He had no idea what I was describing. One day I learned there were two released titles, so I HAD to go buy the second one.

I did pick up a few COD games after, Black Ops and III (I think?), but none of them felt as open as I and II so I gave up on the franchise. If this release is a rebuild of the old MWII, then I'm all in. I just can't find information past all the current variation and packages available. I don't want to drop $70US minimum for another FF7 kind of half game.
Iderno, I've always thought there was something fishy about the Call Of Duty franchise.

*exits thread in disgrace

I'm having withdrawals. I was scrolling through the PSN the other day just looking around. I saw a rebuild of Dead Space coming in a few months (I think?). That might be interesting. I realized, too, that I haven't been on my home PC but maybe twice since family has moved in. uuuuuuugh. I caught myself logging into the World of Warcraft forums from the office last week.

to end with a positive, i HAVE been cooking more. thinking to make some stir fry broccoli later this week and some homemade spaghetti meat sauce on the weekend.