Things that annoy you...

Tools    

MDC (water company) is back on my street cleaning the pipes (?). One hell of a horrible racket they are making. I dread to think how long this be going on for. They’re nice guys just doing their job so definitely not gonna ask them how long this will be going on. (At least they didn’t turn off the water.)

I wish our master bedroom was in the back of the house & the bathroom was at the front of the house. Would make a huge difference.

Did they hear me? It’s just now stopped, but I bet they will start again as it’s only 1.30 p.m.

MDC (water company) is back on my street cleaning the pipes (?). One hell of a horrible racket they are making. I dread to think how long this be going on for. They’re nice guys just doing their job so definitely not gonna ask them how long this will be going on. (At least they didn’t turn off the water.)

I wish our master bedroom was in the back of the house & the bathroom was at the front of the house. Would make a huge difference.

Did they hear me? It’s just now stopped, but I bet they will start again as it’s only 1.30 p.m.
They probably just broke for lunch, Stirch.

They probably just broke for lunch, Stirch.
That’s the thing with these guys - they never stop for a break. They were here last week with a bunch of other contractors. Part of it involved digging up part of the road & part of the front yard of a house across the street. It was a boiling hot day & they never stopped working. Their last part of the job was paving the street again & filling in the huge hole in the neighbor’s yard. So they finished around 7 p.m. I think. Of course they can’t have a beer on the job & they were all filthy so I would imagine they were so glad to leave for the day.

They’re back. With a vengeance.
Blissfully quiet when they left around 2, I think. Until a landscaper showed up with his leaf blower & lawn mower. He made a horrible racket.

Wish I was less noise-sensitive.

Blissfully quiet when they left around 2, I think. Until a landscaper showed up with his leaf blower & lawn mower. He made a horrible racket.

Wish I was less noise-sensitive.
One of our neighbors (a multi-family house with a landlord) has a lawn company that starts at 8:00 am and will run multiple machines (mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers) all at the same time - and they show up two to three times a week! - even during heavy drought conditions as we've had lately where there is no lawn left to cut as they've all turned brown.

They wake me up every time even if I have my room AC on.

The sudden recent-ish popularity of girl names ending with “i”. I can understand “Naomi” as it’s always been like that, but I now work with a 23-year-old-ish Mari, there is also an Ami client side. What on Earth is up with that?

The sudden recent-ish popularity of girl names ending with “i”. I can understand “Naomi” as it’s always been like that, but I now work with a 23-year-old-ish Mari, there is also an Ami client side. What on Earth is up with that?
Better than throwing Scrabble tiles across the table and naming your kid after the tiles that turn up.

One of our neighbors (a multi-family house with a landlord) has a lawn company that starts at 8:00 am and will run multiple machines (mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers) all at the same time - and they show up two to three times a week! - even during heavy drought conditions as we've had lately where there is no lawn left to cut as they've all turned brown.

They wake me up every time even if I have my room AC on.
Yours actually start one hour later than CT ordinance so that’s something. Only on Sunday do they have to wait until 8 a.m. here.

Yours actually start one hour later than CT ordinance so that’s something. Only on Sunday do they have to wait until 8 a.m. here.
I'm not sure, but I thought our local ordinance for power tools was 9:00 a.m.!

I'm not sure, but I thought our local ordinance for power tools was 9:00 a.m.!
I doubt it. You can look up your city ordinances online.

Just got a new keyboard and it seems the keys are raised a bit more than my last keyboard which lasted me, I don't know, 10 years? Because the keys are a bit higher I hit the caps lock all the time and misspell words...all the time. When I get done typing and look at what I typed it's just a bunch of letters, the last few lines in caps and some wavy lines.

I have none of these issues in London yet I do have a neighbour with a Harley-Davidson who gets on his bike at 6 am sharp every day (weekends included). As an insomniac, I shouldn’t really care as I’m awake anyway, but the sound is awful, like a bulldozer wading through concrete.

Just got a new keyboard and it seems the keys are raised a bit more than my last keyboard which lasted me, I don't know, 10 years? Because the keys are a bit higher I hit the caps lock all the time and misspell words...all the time. When I get done typing and look at what I typed it's just a bunch of letters, the last few lines in caps and some wavy lines.
You’ll get used to it. Always takes a while to acclimatise to a new keyboard.