Celebrity Encounters

Tools    

Oh yes a gossip thread
I've had a few celebrity encounters, I guess because I've been to las vegas so many times.

I never bother them, but now what I do is give them a wink.
Just to let them know I recognize them and leave them their space

So first up.. Dennis Hopper.

I took an elevator upstairs to an after party at the Cinevegas film festival. At the time Dennis Hopper was the organizer of the festival if I remember correctly. Well I took the elevator up (and wow what a view, enormous outdoor patio with a pool, etc) and dennis hopper was waiting to take the elevator down. But he was standing sideways and holding his hand in front of his face so that no one would bother him.

It's understandable as the organizer, he was busy working.

There is already a thread like this and it even has the same title:

Celebrity Encounters
That's a shame because I did an advanced search by title and it didn't seem to come up. I didn't go through all the results and figured it should be first. especially as an exact match.

maybe i was blind and didn't see it.

Can a mod merge ?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I only encounter myself in the mirror every morning. Celebrity or not, I like what I see...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Master of My Domain
I only encounter myself in the mirror every morning. Celebrity or not, I like what I see...
Do you happen to be the owner of this mirror?

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Ive met Bruce Cambell, he was at a signing event for his book, Make love the Bruce Cambell way. He signed my copy and took a pic with me (back in the day - non digital or i would post it ha) he also signed my Army of Darkness poster as 'Stay Groovy - Ash' which i cherish lol.

Ive also met Daniel von Bargen (Super Troopers, Malcolm in the Middle) a few times as he is a Cincinnati native. Though he is pretty much a drunk and an ******* (he use to frequent the bar i worked at). He hasn't been too healthy now-a-days (he frequents the hospital i now work at) Last time i saw him was during a failed suicide attempt from a gunshot wound to the head... Irony is that it blinded him and he claimed the only thing he likes to do any more is read.

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."

I've met Sonia from Eastenders and Deek from River City. The former will be known from most Brits hhere, but i hope the latter is only known by me and JayDee . I've also met a bunch of Celtic and Rangers players; a former Celtic player i know very well and two former Rangers players i know fairly well one was born in my area of Glasgow and the other was next door neighbours in his home country with one of my best friends at the time. It may be odd, but in Sci Fi Slob's words which i take as a criticism of the UK'S immigration policies - that's racist

Kate Hudson walked right into me on the set of Bride Wars-so adorable and sweet.

Met Sally Jesse Raphael when my wife was on her show.

Saw Bill Cosby and yelled something at him about Jello, I don't remember.

Ran into a bunch of Boston sports players out at bars and clubs.

Think I ran into others in Boston and Las Vegas but I was too drunk to remember correctly.

It's crazy, I went out a few times with a pitcher for the Braves who pitched in the World Series, not a household name, but a young up and comer. I couldn't believe how people treated him like God. I remember getting to a restaurant/bar chain after they were closed and locked up. They unlocked the doors and let us in, gave us whatever we wanted. I also saw the bad element of it though, how some guys in bars were jealous and wanted trouble.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Earlier this year I went to SF to see my hero, Mort Sahl, perform twice. The first time (through the owner of the theater) we exchanged books. I signed mine for him (and my CD), and he signed his book "Heartland" and said, "Matt, keep punching. I'm impressed you came so far to hear this." The next week, I was front row like before, right in front of him, and after the show I asked the owner of the theater if I could say goodbye. I went into the backstage private room, shook hands, had a talk. He was telling me how he was around my area (Detroit) because his wife was doing a movie with Woody Allen (What's New Tiger Lily), and he was in a few movies himself..

I met Dave Chappelle after a show.. Got a quick handshake and word. The security came between us, and he stopped them and said, "No man, it's cool"

I saw Doug Stanhope at a show, and stuck around the bar afterwards, and he comes by and tells me "Nice shirt" - I had a Steely Dan shirt. A few fans hung around, the opening act, and Drew Carey's son who looks exactly like him, even had a shirt that read, "I'm Drew Carey's son" - We all went to a bar, he bought us drinks, and at 4, the rest left, we went back to his hotel, where the opening act was passed out drunk. He asked if I needed a ride to the airport, which I did since the bus wouldn't be running that early, and his flight was only an hour before mine. Even drove to my hostel to get my stuff, and gave me a cool book, "Amusing Ourselves To Death"

I met Chris Webber at the Detroit Metro airport and got a signature

I was in New York and went to see a gender-switch version of The Odd Couple with Sally Struthers playing Felicia (Felix) and Rita Moreno playing Olive (Oscar). I waited at the stage door after the show for about 15 minutes and Sally Struthers came out dressed like a hooker, rushed through the crowd and jumped into a waiting limo. Rita Moreno came out about 10 minutes later carrying a basket of laundry. She put the basket down and spent about 15 minutes signing playbills and posing for pictures. She then picked up her basket and announced that she had to do her laundry now and walked down the street. I ran down the street after her and offered to carry her laundry for her and got to talk to her for about 20 minutes. I asked her about her relationship with Marlon Brando, which turned out to be a sensitive subject but she didn't shy away from it either. She also admitted that she did not do her own singing in the film version of West Side Story.

I participated in an acting workshop with Oscar winner Estelle Parsons when I was in high school in Denver, Colorado.

My junior year of college, I got a job appearing in a musical at Walt Disney World. I won't say what year, but to give you an indication of how long ago it was, the Epcot Center was still under construction. After a week of rehearsals, we got to spend a week taking dance classes from Chita Rivera, who was performing in the park at the time.

Met Luke Perry at a Celebrity basketball game...this was pre-90210, when he was still appearing on a soap opera called Loving.

I went to see the Bob Fosse musical Dancin on Broadway. At intermission, I was walking up the aisle and noticed someone who looked very familiar standing up against a wall in the lobby. As I got closer, I realized it was Roy Scheider. He was researching for his upcoming role in All That Jazz. He clearly didn't want to be recognized so I walked up and stood next to him, told him I was a fan and listed every movie he had made up to that point. He thanked me for the compliments and I went back to my seat.

Won't mean anything to anyone outside the UK, but I went to the same school in Liverpool as Les Dennis who was a few years older than me, but I remember him well as being outstanding in a school play. A few years ago living down here in Bristol I went to see him in a one man play called Jigsy. Afterwards we saw him having a pint in the bar, he looked amenable so I went and asked him if he remember being in the Caucasian Chalk Circle at school. He is such a nice guy, we had a nice long chat about the old teachers and school. Now everytime we see him in Coronation Street, the family takes the piss out of me

Saw Bill Cosby and yelled something at him about Jello, I don't remember.
Did he yell back, "LEAVE ME ALONE! I'm trying to rape this model!"

I met the UK basketball coach Smith on an airplane with my dad once. His wife dropped a piece of jewelry and my dad picked it up for her and handed it to her. The coach and his wife thanked us and we had a conversation with them at the baggage claim.

I also know the director of the Indie movie Land Ho!
Fire walk with me.

Britney Spears

I saw Britney at the same party as Dennis Hopper. Except Britney had four enormous body guards that could barely fit through a conventional doorway. Part of me wanted to take a picture of her with my cell phone camera, the other part of me didn't want her body guards to snap my cell phone in half.

Also this was at a point in her life where she did not look very good. She was overweight and when I came back to maryland I told everyone that she was pregnant again. Turns out she wasn't

Let's see. I work at a pretty exclusive golf course in Florida. Well it use to be super super exclusive but a corporation has come in and relaxed that. But anyways working there I have met these celebs.

Dan Marino: His son was playing in a golf tournament there. I walked by him once and nodded. Then I went into the lockerroom to use the bathroom and the British Open was on a tv set up in there. One other guy in there and I said "have the leaders tee'd off?" Well Dan walked in at the same time and answered "No, no they haven't". haha so I said "Thanks Dan Marino". Played it cool ha. Which was hard because he is my favorite player of all time and is why unfortunately I like the Dolphins.

Steve Spuerrier: He actually comes and golf a couple times a year there. Has been for awhile.I am a bigger Gator fan so that's always cool. Grew up watching his 90s Gators in his heyday. Always tips a 10.

Urban Meyer: Came for an outside tournament. This was after he quit the Gators and before he went back with OSU. Luckly for him he hadn't decided that yet!! Jp. I got his golf bag out of his car. Lucky me.

Joe Gibbs: Gave him directions around the club.

Dropkick Murphys: Crazy dudes but tipped really really well.

Justin Moore: Guy came to play. He is super super tiny. Pretty big time country singer if you don't know who it is. I don't care for his music too twangy and I do like some country.

The Band Perry: They were just recently out there. Minus the girl, so I didn't really know them that well. Only know that one big hit they have.

Tampa Bay Lightning Players: I think the biggest one I knew was Martin St. Louis. I don't know hockey at all.

Those are all the celebs I've seen seen i've been there. They use to get super big time celebs out there in the 90s.

Just regular life I haven't met or seen too many celebs:

Saw Don Shula at my terminal at the Tampa International Airport. He was opening a restaurant there.
Doc Rivers was at the same basketball tournment I played in at Disney when I was in my teens. He had a son there.

The most relevant celeb to these boards is probably Miles Teller. He is from the same small po dunk county as me in Central Florida. Graduated from my rival high school the same year as me. I know a ton of people who know him and some who are out in LA with him. Just saw him in a friends SnapChat over Xmas he comes home couple times a year. There is an off chance he might know me through people but doubtful. I haven't run into him since he exploded but definitely proud of his success and I am rooting for him.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Britney Spears

I saw Britney at the same party as Dennis Hopper. Except Britney had four enormous body guards that could barely fit through a conventional doorway. Part of me wanted to take a picture of her with my cell phone camera, the other part of me didn't want her body guards to snap my cell phone in half.

Also this was at a point in her life where she did not look very good. She was overweight and when I came back to maryland I told everyone that she was pregnant again. Turns out she wasn't
hahaha I remember when I was like 14 or 15 I was convinced she had an AIM. Those are aren't familiar AOL Instant Messenger. Back in middle school and high school that was the way, at least for my generation, to talk to all your friends. Well they had searches and I had a crush on her. So I would type Britney Spears and her hometown in Louisiana (I know stage 5 creeper status) and I would send a message to all of them. Who knows if I ever actually talked to her.