Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Jurassic World

Saw this in IMAX 3D. IMAX is awesome, 3D isn't. Would have been a much better experience if it was just normal IMAX. Anyway the actual movie is horribly written. It's hard to believe this came from the writing team of the new Planet of the Apes movies. Witless and charmless. Every character is completely unlikable, they even made Chris Pratt unlikable. How is that even possible ? The big dino-action scenes are well done, it's visually impressive, but the writing is just so terrible that I can't recommend it.

A system of cells interlinked
Sorry folks. You can't get one by the Meatster! He calls em like he sees em!

Closer - 7.5/10

Surprised I hadn't heard of this before, I went in knowing nothing about it and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Great character study with good acting all round, Owen and Portman being the staand outs for me. A bit depressing how it all worked out but I suppose it was the best you could hope for with the dynamic between these four.

The script was fantastic, I think it was structured very well, I'm guessing they were aiming for us to both dislike and feel sorry for each one at different points in the story, before realizing at the end that they are just four flawed people making difficult life choices whether right or wrong. If that was the case then I think they largely succeeded; except I never disliked Portman for a second during this.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - 6/10

Honestly I think I would've liked this a lot more without certain CIA scenes and most of all without Julia Roberts who brought nothing to this IMO. Sam Rockwell was great, I would've liked more focus on his descent into madness I know you could argue that happened from the first scene but there was a bit too much normalcy for me personally. Still I really enjoyed this it makes me want to watch Good Night and Good Luck . Also I only realized it was written by Phillip Kauffman during the credits, always enjoy that guys screenwriting.

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)

Awesome, stylish, cool, funny, and action-packed. The church scene among many others was awesome! I regret not seeing it in theaters.

Unregistered User

My Night with Maud (1969)

My first Rohmer and I'm still kind of undecided about this one. It did feel very slow at the time of watching but I really enjoyed the ending and looking back on the film now the more I recall the better I think it was. It left me with more questions than answers and thats something I usually like.

+

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
Amarcord (1973)
Dir. by: Federico Fellini

While I think Kurosawa did this idea better with "Dodes'ka-den", Amarcord is a very impressively made film and a lot of fun throughout. Crazy how this movie has no extras, every person in this town is a character. Between this and Nights of Cabiria, I really need to see more Fellini.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 9/10 - A great rise from the depths that was the Goblet of Fire. Also, sad ending to my favorite adult character in the series.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: 10/10 - Never thought I'd give a 10/10 to a movie with a lot of romance in it, but I guess I have the dark magic, the horcruxes, and a certain spoiler alert to thank for that.

10 Rillington Place (1971) Creepy and scary things that will make you so emotionally indescribable!

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Sunset Blvd-

The Killing (1956)-

Cold in July-
Fire walk with me.

Joy Ride (2001) - John Dahl

- Great d*mn road trip thriller. I totally dig that flick and truly believe that it's incredibly underrated. Paul Walker (RIP) and Steve Zahn gives two awesome performance and Rusty Nail is one psycho sick vilain. Entertaining, well acted and well directed. If you didn't see it I highly recommend it to you. One of the best horror/thriller of the 2000's and a movie from my Top 20.

Care for some gopher?
Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (USA, 2003, Gore Verbinski) -
+

One of my favourite blockbuster movies. Just so much fun.

Lone Survivor (2013) - Peter Berg

- Astounding modern war flick. All my respect to the member of the Operation Red Wings. These guys are hero and deserved all the respect in the world. God Bless you Marcus Luttrell.

-