Quentin Dupieux: An Underrated Modern Filmmaker

Tools    

There's a good chance many of you have never heard this name before. Maybe some of you know the name, but I'm guessing that the majority don't know who this filmmaker is. And to me, that is a very sad fact. Quentin Dupieux is a french Independent filmmaker who has films such as Rubber, Wrong, Wrong Cops, and Reality (New release) under his belt. These are all very strange films, and not all of them get the greatest reviews. His films certainly aren't for everyone. I personally enjoy them, but they aren't at the top of any lists of mine. So, why am I so passionate about this filmmaker? Well, you see, when Dupieux makes a film, he not only writes and directs it, he also does the cinematography, the editing, and even the music. Why does he do this? Maybe he doesn't have the money to hire composers,editors,or cinematographers, OR maybe he is just so passionate that he wants it to be completely and totally his vision. I have a great amount of respect for this filmmaker. And while he may not be making critical successes, he's at least working hard and making the films that he wants to make. The amount of work that it takes to do all of these jobs is astounding. And the fact that one person does all of this makes it that much more impressive. I made this thread to try and inform people of this hardworking filmmaker that I enjoy, but if anyone want's to talk about this filmmaker and his films, feel free to go ahead.
Fire walk with me.

This is a coincidence. I read about his film Rubber today and it seemed pretty weird indeed. It's about a car tire terrorizing people or something like that.

His last film seems the most interesting to me. I might check that one out in the future.

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
Rubber and Wrong are classics of this decade. Wrong Cops was a flop but Reality looks interesting.